Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Found 127 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,815 reviews

Loved my time at Hyatt

Hyatt really tries to create a great culture and atmosphere. For F&B workers you get get much better because no mom and pop or even chain would offer these kind of benefits! Paid time off, insurance, comp & discount nights at Hyatt, education assistance. I鈥檝e worked at 2 different properties and loved them both.

Benefits

Cons

Management could have been more involved

Favoritism

Too much favoritism with the management. The managers favors those people that who knows how to play political games. One time I was very sick on the job and the manager wouldn't let me go home when I had 30 minutes left with my shift.

Pros

Lunch is a $1, free laundry uniform

Cons

Short breaks

Fun work place

I had great experience working for the Hyatt. I learned new skills everyday. I learned how to handle guests complaints and requests fairly well. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as well as the management also enjoyed guests interaction in person and on the phone.

Pros

Fun and friends work environment

Cons

Not much opportunity given to gain more salary

Money and people

Great job, just was part time. Made 35-50$ hourly..Management we're very respectful and fair! Plus stayed at every Hyatt in California for free .loved it

Pros

People and amenities

Cons

They don't hire full time a lot

Fun

Good money. Good people. Flexibility. Cafeteria. Health benefits. Discounted and comp rooms. Holiday pay. Hotel industry is the way to go for the f&b employees

Pros

Free meal

Environment, pay, management all incredible

Best job ever!!! Highly recommend !!! Great pay, great benefits, superior management, free meals, advancement opportunities and the company truly cares about their employees

Pros

Everything- Great company to work for!!!

Cons

Covid19 desimated the industry

Comps are good but have to wait a year, plus hard to find once you waited

Have to wait one year to get comps and only for Full-time, Have to wait one year for a week paid vacation. HR is Horrible. F&B Managers agree to 50 hours a week. Hires inexperience managers a well to keep cost low. Staff barely sees management bc they are in office doing clerical work. More concerned about numbers on paper instead of staff. wouldn't get hired unless I opened up full availability. During covid kept occupancy high and no one monitoring masks on guests. Oh and once you get comps you need to book a year in advance bc they book up fast, then your managers don't give you the time off. Gm is great, HR male is the worst.

Pros

comps once you get them

Cons

no breaks, long hours, no coverage for breaks, lack of hands-on management

Outstanding work culture, driven to succeed. Excellent customer service.

The work environment was well above average. My team were dedicated to providing exceptional hospitality. Great work culture, open door policy, great benefits, colleagues first, very positive experience.

Pros

Insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay, lunch and parking.

Cons

Salary was a click low.

Productivity and a lot of opportunities to move up positions.

Before we start our shift, we usually have a group meeting for what will be going on that day just so everyone will be on the same page. Overall, the managers are great. They don鈥檛 look down on us, instead they ask if we need help and even awards us since we have a quite amount of meetings, weddings, conventions going on in the hotel. I enjoy working there since everyone in our team gets along very well. It鈥檚 a good work environment to be in.

Pros

Free lunches, Parking Space.

Cons

Short Breaks.

People are so friendly

Hyatt is one of my favorite place to work,People are so helpful and welcoming,Everyone treated the same is like working with your family,There are Times that you came across with difficult situations which is inevitable working in the service industry,but because of the support of the people that I worked with it becomes easy..I highly recommend this company to work With after this difficult times that world is facing..

Fun workplace

It was nice to work with Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. I learned alot and personal experience and the work place are awesome. Good pay and benefits. Unfortunately we have to let go because of pandemic.

Pros

Free lunch

Workplace culture

Been working here for 16 years but I don鈥檛 have a problem with my coworkers. I love my job. Hyatt give us good benefits. Free food. Good salary. Our GM always look what will be beneficial for us.

Great Place to Work

Im a cook and i love my job. surrounding myself by people who are as passionate for the art of cooking is my goal. ive been able to find those people in Hyatt.

Beautiful place to work at

Days of work at the Grand Hyatt where long hours 10 o 12 hours, but they seem to go faster because I had a great team to work with and make my day go very smooth and fun, management was very supportive and helpful and anything that I needed they were there to help me .culture at the Hyatt is to give the best experience possible to their customers and also their employees , The hardest part of the job for me was going from a small resort and Lost Pines Bastrop Texas to the second largest hotel in the Hyatt I had to really get some cardio going every day walking from one kitchen to another . The most enjoyable part of this job was living in San Diego and working at the grand Hyatt it鈥檚 a beautiful facility the people are Streamley friendly and learning new cuisine because people in California eat way different than in Texas .

Pros

Free lunch, employees appreciation days

Cons

Good

This work environment was awesome because it was the perfect job shift for me at the time also the salary was good and they were flexible with my schedule

En familia

Es un lugar donde se disfruta trabajar desde q entras es como estar en familia

Best place i've ever worked

Definitely my favorite place ever. Great management, great HR department, amazing culture. Great pay and flexibility. Beautiful property and steady work.

Great place to grow

Hyatt gives you a ton of different avenues to help advance your career. Regardless of your education Hyatt gives you the ability to prove you're capable to do a job.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Need to have open availabilty.

Working at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay

It was a wonderful experience to be able to be a part of an awesome team. The opportunity of giving the best experience to guests is very rewarding when you see the smiling faces.

Pros

Seeing people having a good time

Cons

Not seeing people have a good time

fun but stressful

i worked all of food and beverage depatmenmt from, hostess to chef to server to barista and even a bartender for the pool. the enviroinment is very fast paced.

Flexible Schedule

Banquets was a bit stressful at times, but overall it was not too bad. Great pay. Only min wage, but with tips ay least $20 an hour. Sometimes it came out to $40 or $50 an hour!!

4,736