Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Work-Life Balance

Found 421 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,772 reviews

Fun workplace for all employees

Excellent team members and management.The day starts with todays goals and targets,what should we focus on and improve.The hardest part of the job is being patient while you are customer interacting,understand their views and suggestions.

Nothing to show

Please look for a better opportunity. Make sure before you apply that you have to perform all the job requirement. A driver, front desk, cleaner, cook...The pay is horrible.

Pros

Cons

everything

Bad training, bad scheduling

I was there a year, the training sucked and nobody knows anything about anything. The communication sucks. One person tells you one thing and another tells you something else.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Short breaks, pay, horrible training, bad scheduling, poor communication

Fun place to work.

Hyatt is a good place to work, everyone is like family. There's opportunity to learn and to grow in the business. The management at every property that I've ever worked at with Hyatt has been awesome!

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Benefits weren't that good

Good starting job

Was a decent starting job with chance to move up in the company if you're willing to relocate. Opportunities are available all over the world if you're interested.

Fun and beneficial workplace

Benefits are amazing. Hyatt has a standard of being 5 stars hotel.The whole hyatt brand is a learning experience from working there to staying at their hotels.

Really great

really great company to work for, i wish the benefits were better is all. i think it depends on the location you work at. luckily my location was really nice and cared about the team

Pros

travel discounts, friendly, very professional

Cons

fast paced, stressful at times

Great coworkers and team mentality. Management cares and is there to listen.

I loved my job at Hyatt in Chicago. Compensation was fair, I was given multiple opportunities to grow and learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Management turnover was high when I started but worked with some really really great people.

Pros

Team environment, management that cares

Great benefits

Was a front office agent, fair pay, union position and great benefits. Fun environment with department outings, employee recognition and paid trainings.

Pros

Free meals, benefits, nice uniforms

Cons

Not much work/life balance

Only the BEST work here :)

Great team at Hyatt House Minot. Management truly cares about the team and does their very best to encourage, support, and grow their employees. When I ask for more opportunities, they are quick to expand my knowledge and challenge me with new things to do. I have learned so much. The team is so fun. We work hard and certainly are one of the busier hotels in Minot (even with the Pandemic), but that's great because we get to do great work!

Pros

incentives and fun as a team

Cons

you can't be lazy- they expect the best :)

Every Hotel is Different, maybe try a corporate property

a typical work day would include coming in at a completely random hour such as 7am, 3pm, or 11pm. Which also meant getting off at an unreasonable time... if your help bothered to show up. This job did do wonders for my customer service skills, especially after learning about the WOH program, thats a skill im not sure i could have picked up anywhere else.

Pros

diverse staff, communication, paid sick time

Cons

poor team work, nonstop, no holiday time

Fun place to work

Rewarding work. Can be stressful due to workload. Because ownership went with another management company, the benefits have been reduced. For example , no paid holidays unless you are in management.

Pros

People you work with are caring

Cons

Pay and benefits

The Hyatt Family Is The Best Part

The people are great, the benefits are pretty great but if you want to make a living wage you have to be salaried and then there's no work-life balance. Managers work 50 hours per week at the least (even before the pandemic) and when you calculate it by hour they're really only making as much per hour as hourly employees. Some of the leadership decisions were based more-so on what saves the hotel the most money as opposed to who the best candidate is and who would actually be an effective leader.

Pros

Benefits, Culture

Cons

Low pay, Poor work-life balance

terrible management

general manager does no work and expect experienced low paid front desk agents to do all the work and handle customers when they hide! most team members try to work together but everyone is under trained and under paid

Needed experience

I worked there for about 2 years until the pandemic caused me to lose my job. The best thing about the job is the travel benefits if you work at a corporate location.

Great starting experience

It was a good starting experience although, I didn’t feel like it was a company to necessarily grow in.... or move up within the company. I however did get a new job with a resort because the things I’ve learned in hyatt and hospitality itself.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

A lot of crime

If you get the chance, do it.

OverallThe Hyatt Regency St.Louis at the Arch was by far my favorite job I've had. As a Front Desk Agent the pay is decent but the commissions you can make are amazing. So long as you meet your metrics you can make, realistically, more than the Front Office Manager simply by up-selling. The family feel between you, your managers, colleagues of your department as well as everyone else in the hotel is wonderful. Everyone is every knowledgeable and laid back but also hard working. Potential for advancement is there so long as you apply yourself and have a passion for Hospitality. The work hours are steady and reliable during peak season, flexible scheduling for requests off and vacation. Everyone from your fellow colleagues all the way up to the General Manager of the Hotel are friendly and welcoming which makes for one of the best working environments you've ever been in. 10/10, if I hadn't moved out of Missouri I would still be working for the Hyatt Regency St.Louis.

Disfunctional!

Pleasant Grove Hyatt is the Problem Child! No leadership or clean standards! No body going w covid guidelines! Trainwreck! Save yourself! RUN! No body is in charge! The assistant manager hides in the back of their is a concern....

Pros

Cons

Terrible pay!

Best job I ever had

Great company to work for. Offers good benefits and incentives, as well as career opportunities. I worked at Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center and Grand Hyatt in Downtown Denver, and both hotels have great management, excellent communication and teamwork.

Hi

We’ll talk. It was ok. Consistently busy and work was always available. Hospitality industry offers ways for advancement and the discount to employees is nice. Just gave to deal with rude guests. Vbsb. No.

Know your role and do it well! After that, getting along with everyone is peachy.

Good place to work! Once you know what to do, getting along with people gets easier. Keep up with your licensing and know the laws when it comes to serving alcohol.

4,715