Hyatt logo

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Work-Life Balance

Found 600 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,772 reviews

Very nice management

Company have very good team to trained the employees in very short time.management is very nice to understand everything about to the employees. Foods are very tasty.

Really bad management no wonder they aren't top 3 anymore

Managers move up via buddy system. Many move up with little or no knowledge of said position. Sometimes you are thrown into work you have no knowledge about and are still held accountable. When you make mistakes you are threatened and told you are replaceable.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Great people

Great people to work with. Great management. I love my boss, shes awesome. You can take lunch when you want. They are flexible with your schedule. Just really tiring work mentally and physically.

Pros

Great people to work with, lunch break anytime you want, flexible with schedule

Cons

Benfits could be better, tiring work mentally and physically

n/a

i worked housekeeping department as a housekeeper .when i work i did not fell any difficulty and i did not fell along. i learn how to control the complain .

Pros

free lunch

Cons

overtime pay

Hyatt Hotel

I worked there in late 1990's staff helpful and friendly and was fantastic place to work. Nice experience. Would highly recommend to anyone seeking work.

Pros

Free lunch i think or discounts

Cons

No more longer than average job.

Fun, Friendly workplace

I believe working here was good. The management was great. You get opportunities to be in a team with your co workers it’s actually like family when you work here.

Management had his favorite and they laid me off

The new gm had his favorite who could do no wrong.I learn different skills and doing someone eles job and you get blame for it not.fair hardest part is telling management that you didn't do it.and he believes you and enjoyed when we all got together for holidays

Pros

Christmas and holiday they did employees right

Cons

Believe other co-workers over your word

Management can be unhelpful and challenging. A lot of work for little to no breaks. The hardest part was the over load of work or picking up slack for other employees. The best part was the hr department.

Best experience ever!!!

Work-life balanceThis is a great team to be apart of, not only because they have awesome hospitality but they give you that family vibe as if you never left home. I loved working there.Pay & benefitsThey have great opportunities that you can take advantage of to better yourselfOverallIf you want to be part of a team, The Hyatt is the best place to start. Great Hospitality and great opportunities. I'ved learned alot while working here.

Was a productive work places nice viewings from the rooms when cleaning it everyone was so respectful

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Hyatt are was nice let alone we got to keep tipsOverallMy experience working at Hyatt was nice and it help make sure to place things the right way and always double check

Jobs at Hyatt

Housekeeper positions
See more jobs

Hyaty

Didn’t have a life outside work, they expect everything to be perfect and didn’t give us all the equipment we need it to work. We had to fight for equipment and always worry about the budget .

Pros

8 to 4 work

Benefits

Not a great place to work at or stay

They have dirty laundry and no respected GM these people do not give a Care about the employees they are selfish and fake . This is not a good place to work and this is not a good place to stay the sheets are nasty even after washing them and they still put them on the beds.if you look at the towers and the face clothes you will know if they'll been washed could they still look the same as if someone has used them.

Pros

A head ace that makes you think more about not going there

Cons

No breaks not even offer a break

I love this job becauseni get to work alone

I get to work alone and some one comes by and check my work, let's me know if I made any mistakes, if so, I go back and do fix it. This was my favorite job of them all because I like to work alone because i feel i can get things done faster with no distractions.

Pros

Work alone

Cons

Alot of rooms in 1 day

Hyatt

Overall the work place was fun I lasted working there for 2 years thanks to my last two previous managers a who were great and awesome then we get this new general manager who is so unfair not to mention that she hired a housekeeping manager who she got rid of and brought her back knowing that we all complained about to her about our housekeeping manager mistreating us the general manager didn’t even bother reading our statements that we had for her to read and just did things poorly getting rid of people and many employees left this hotel is not recommended to work at don’t even waste your time here if you want a real hotel go somewhere else where you will get treated with real plus better pay here it’s not worth it .

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Ok

Poor management at the Hyatt always an turnover with workers housekeepers company sold out and brought in new people needed guidance and dependable workers

I absolutely love my hyatt family

I have been working at Hyatt place for 5 years . I absolutely love my hyatt family from my managers to my co working . They are very supportive, understanding, and helpful . My hours are perfect and I am getting paid for something I love to do.

Great work environment

● OverallAbsolutely loved my supervisor, my co workers as well. Everyone worked as team everyday and put in a lot of over time. The rooms were cleaned properly

Funplace to work

Great experience Fast cleaner Fast working Great peopleVery helpful Stay on time with everything Great break time Great with payment on time Good environment

Friendly environment. Cleanliness. Great customer service

I loved how all the employees supported one another. We came together as a whole to serve and satisfy the guests during their stay. The food was excellent I may add.

Under qualified management

It’s pretty much like high school at Hyatt. You either fit in with a clique and get treated amazing or you don’t and you are overlooked all the time no matter how hard of a worker you are. The management staff from the top all the way down never have the safety or best interest of their employees in mind with any situation and always show favoritism towards ones they know outside of work so if your not willing to party it up with them outside of work your pretty much invisible at work sadly. Most managers don’t last long I think the longest I’ve seen a manager stick around in any certain department may have been a year and a half and if a guest complains about something (ex:not having certain items in their room that wasn’t ordered on the management part) then we get blamed and yelled at for it even tho we have no control over ordered items . When we are understaffed due to them making the schedule wrong or any other reason then we are suppose to do a double work load and skip lunch plus try to be done on time so no overtime has to be accumulated which is almost impossible when doing double the work. In short, unless your a robot with no life and no kids this is not the job for you..

Ddecd

Loved it at first then went downhill with the covid-19. Management couldn't keep things together and went through 3 ownerships in 2 years. Just was a little too much for me at the time

4,715