Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Lead Cook

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,880 reviews

Productive , lot to learn and fun to work

Learning new cooking skill and experience the colleagues skill share , it’s all worth being in the companySharing ideas and implementing new menu, every individual has room to doIt’s all depends upon the executive of the each and individual departments headI believe I had that opportunity in my tenure

Pros

Benefits, free lunch, and culture

Cons

Long hours, less hourly pay

My manager willingness to help we went over everything that the company requires and doesn't dress code the servsafe food

All good things with the people I work with are great. I cook help out when needed as cook/ Supervisor I help in all areas.handle food correct and more.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Is permitted

good job opportunity

good benefits and job opportunity good location to transportation, maternity and paternity leave , diversity in their employees , family oriented parties and job security

Wonderful organization to work for

Extremely face-paced, competitive and enjoyable work place. The workplace culture was excellent and although it was extremely busy, I obtained an extra-ordinary amount of skill and knowledge from working at the Grand Hyatt.

Hectic Pace

super fast paced environment, very stressful restaurant but banquets was a bit more fun. management was so ruthless and not very understanding you were only good as long as it was beneficial to them

Pros

Great place to learn on the fly

Cons

No life balance

a place to work

not a good management team,refuse to be open minded and willing to stand behind there employees... no communication skills..refusing to help the team though times , when there help is or was needed..

Pros

a job

Cons

chef not listening to his team members

Great place to work at. Was there for nine and a half years.

I came on to Hyatt back in 1996 and during the 9 1/2 years I was employed with them I had the opportunity to transfer to other properties and gained a majority of my experience through them. Will always be appreciative of them for that.

Pros

Great benefits, pays well, and lots of perks

Cons

Not too many cons o can think of

frt

there is no growth where im at , everything you had to learn on your on and on your own time. my location and position is not a place to be if you have a passion for what you do

Very fun Place to work

Such a great place to work I had great time working for this company and stay at their Hotels their benefits are great values. And all the fun that had provided while I was there.

A great company to begin one's career.

The Hyatt is a great place to begin one's career and have the ability after gaining the required experience to travel and relocate all over the world. There is a willingness to teach one another depending on the situation. The ability to work with people from all over the world.

Pros

Benefits, free lunch, free wifi, open door policy.

Cons

Can be very busy and stressful. Possible language barriers.

productive day at the blue duck tavern

i start my day by dividing the prep list to the prep team. checking in all produce and protiens and putting them away. butcher and portion meat and fish, make all the sauces.

Pros

free lunch, and break

Cons

poor managment, no good leader who inspire geatness

interesting work place

Busy during the summer.Learned much about the hospitality industryManagement is goodLong hours on your feetPleasing the guest

4,766