Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Switchboard Operator

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,877 reviews

Productive and fun work place

Lots of perks. Management takes time to listen and evaluate employee concerns. Free meals morning to evening, Health Insurance. Education financial assistance. Employee get together. Peak performance monthly treat and award. Quick in employee assistance.

Pros

Free meals 24/7

Cons

Support employee that are interested to succeed in other fields of work.

It's okay

A great place to work if you're passionate about the Hospitality business. If not, avoid it. It's a bit difficult to get a raise depending on the position you went in for.

Fun workplace

There wasn't a company I felt more comfortable working for than Hyatt. It just felt like a big family for the most part. There are of course instances of workplace drama and things of the sort but the good definitely outweighed the bad.

The good stands out when we're able to assist a guest and they leave with a positive attitude about our service.

The coworkers and management team is awesome. I Love working with the guest, assisting them and going above and beyond to care for them. Hyatt, takes care of their employees

Workplace culture

Been working here for 16 years but I don’t have a problem with my coworkers. I love my job. Hyatt give us good benefits. Free food. Good salary. Our GM always look what will be beneficial for us.

Feels like family

We worked as a family and took care of each other. We made sure we worked as a unit and it was fun to be at work. We had yearly pay raises and outings

Pros

Benefits are great

A good work environment!

Hyatt cares about their employees and goes the extra mile to help them succeed. They are good at training their employees and developing great customer service skills.

It’s a good company to work for.

It’s a good company to work for and they take really good care of their employees. The only part that’s hard is when your new, sometimes you don’t have hours or get on-call during slow season.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Limited hours when new, sometimes on-call

Beautiful hotel, flexible schedules

If you need a flexible schedule this is a great place to work. You will stay busy so the day goes by quickly. They will hire people of all ages and ethnic groups. It is great to speak with colleagues from all over the world!

Wonderful environment

Hyatt is a wonderful place to work. If you are taking hospitality management i would high suggest starting your first hotel job at hyatt. So many opportunities to transfer to a different department and learn from the various jobs you can do. It is truly a amazing place to work.

Working at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay

It was a wonderful experience to be able to be a part of an awesome team. The opportunity of giving the best experience to guests is very rewarding when you see the smiling faces.

Pros

Seeing people having a good time

Cons

Not seeing people have a good time

Pay is not equal to job tasks or comparable to other hotels in the area that pay more for the same duties as this hotel.

Lack of recognition, pay not equal to tasks performed, long hours with no regard for home life, not enough personnel for my department, short lunches, terrible menu's for employee meals eventhough it's free, new management seems distant, impersonable.

Pros

Free lunch😒

Cons

No recognition, many job duties, lack if appropriate compensation.

Hyatt was a family Hotel.meaning hotel cared if u had children.they fix your schedule

Hyatt i didn't know i left there in 2008.I just keep pray for this Company keep your Employees family first.Praying and Prayers 🙏🙏.The GM Look out for Employees then and Co-Workers look out for each other.I became a Divorce Mom of two children back in 2008.The GM wanted me to stay but other Department Head gave a j hard timehhard tine with my sch

Pros

Can move up in Company if there was an opening.

Cons

Staff turn over not good for a Hyatt.

Productive,friendly hardworking employees..Mgmt suck at this location no loyalty for employees...

You are hired for a specfic title but you do the work of 45 people which a salary is alotted for.aimbridge is actually who i worked for and my front office mgr forced me to walk out .Mental anquish,unecessary writeups most unwarrented.

Great Employer

Great place to work for, best managers I ever had. Relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers & they were very helpful. Discounts at all Hyatt locations. Sorry I had to leave but I was rehired by my previous employer.

Nice place to work and good advancement

Great place to start working and even if you dont have a degree you could work your way up the ranks to a nicely paying job. I would recommend this company.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Hours and no set schedule

Wonderful Option and Hotel to work at

I appreciated the opportunity Chicago Hyatt gave me to return to the hospitality industry and I did my best and so my experience reflected that! I recommend Hyatt as a company to learn and grow with.

Pros

Coworkers, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Hours and short scheduling

generous company, but low pay

The corporate Hyatt culture cares for its people and my location mirrors that. Supervisors are fair and supportive, and everyone in the building treats one another with respect. Unfortunately, the industry does not pay well overall and Hyatt is similar to other companies in that it doesn't pay its hourly employees a living wage.

Pros

excellent dental and medical if you're in a corporate hotel

Cons

hospitality never closes

Great work environment, helpful management, awesome perks, long vacations, Hyatt is a great place to work if you have a kids, flexible hours. Pay is competitive.

Pros

Free parking, free lunch, month vacactions after 10yrs

Cons

drop in hours

very nice work environment.nice management , education programs.

I enjoyed working for the hyatt it was my first job in the united states and i was very happy to have it. I study hotels and the Hyatt paid for 3 of my classes and i was really exiting to be there.

A stressful place to work

Hyatt was a stressfull place to work. The operators were expected to do quite alot and the pay did not match the updated job description that was continually updated and you could get written up for just about anything.

4,765