IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,669 reviews
The best part of working in IBM is the flexibility that you get. Work from home makes your life easy. In terms of career, if you are a self motivated person who is always ready to learn, then IBM is a great place. It has lots of learning materials for upgrading skills and also promotes certification and re-skilling programs.But even if you upgrade skills you will not be able to showcase them. On-site opportunities are very less and I have seen H1B visa getting expired due to lack of projects. In projects also preferential treatment is given to those who support office politics. Talented and hard working employees are not recognised. Compensation and year-end bonus clearly shows preferential treatment. Also salary increment is really less compared to market standards.
Pros
Flexibility, work from home, leaves
Cons
Compensation, Onsite opportunities
Empresa que submete seu colaborador a níveis altíssimos de estresse.
Pros
Plano de saúde/Vidalink
Cons
Salário
The business is not very good at planning, so they always have pipeline issues - unable to sell enough projects and works. Apart from that, it is a good company to work for.
Pros
Nice people & flexible work setup
Cons
bad business planning
The perfect place where want to grow as well as you can manage family also.management is superb co operative easy to reach at any point .IF I get any opportunity to work IBM,I will love to do so
It is a world class company it was the best I ever worked at. They are about integrity and number one in Customer Service. Everyone is a team. We always reached our established goals. We enjoyed coming to work.
Pros
Cons
The best ever
I learnt more from my previous company but some personal problems I left my job that company gave me alot happens, regards , their are many things to learnt and many more how to poilt with irrate customer how to satisfied customers how to manage the company scdule
huge company with many different opptys, team and managers are generally supportive, great work life balance though it might be a road block for you to getting promoted
Pros
great team, culture, people
Cons
low pay
This was definitely one of my favourite jobs. It's a shame that we had to part ways. The messed me around a little bit and I didn't agree with what happened. I can't stand when someone promises you something and does not deliver. But in all other than that, it's a great place to work, very fun, very rewarding, they give awards for performance every year, lots of training. I would work there again.
Pros
Laid back, rewarding, give awards each year, fun.
Cons
Competitive, there are some sharks, cut throat.
Muito boa a empresa. Sempre dando oportunidades aos empregados para desenvolvimento pessoal e profissional.Gostaria muito de poder voltar a trabalhar nela aqui Em Portugal, onde resido atualmente.
Pros
Refeição na Empresa
Great place to work everybody knows what their job and responsibilities are. Multiple projects which will keep you busy overall awesome place to work. I like working there because all the managers and the Personnel help you out of whatever you need help with and this will be a career job for most people
Pros
Pay
Cons
Funny
This is perfect company to stay and learn . It has best management and job security. But if you expect a good pay then boss you got it all wrong. You will be paid according to manager's will and his frame of mind. But trust me you will be backed by the manager be it any other scenario. My managers were the best.
Pros
Opportunity to learn all the kind of techs. Switch teams easily. Gatherings. Unlimited sickleaves.
Cons
Pay scale will increase like a tortoise will run in the race, but u need to ask your manager for the same.
My manager didn´t have soft skills. That situation demotivated the whole team. There is a good clima among the teams. Young people in the teams. Multicultural experience.
Pros
Flexibility, Home office
Cons
Salary
Bad work culture, no growth, no learning opportunity, no variable, no hike. Big words and show off. Job security is good. But lost glory. Bad management. Managers will only demotivate you.
Pros
Travel allowance, cab facility.
Cons
No growth, no focus neither to customer nor the employee
The best place to work cooperative seniors, friendly colleagues and best managers, world class environment. dedication to every client's success, innovation that matters the two best things to learn there. Fun working place.
Pros
Free To and Fro, Salary by the end of same month
Cons
Almost nothing
In IBM ho conosciuto moltissime persone preparate che mi hanno insegnato metodo di lavoro e approccio positivo alla vita.La mia esperienza in IBM e' stata estremamente positiva, ho sempre cercato di svolgere al meglio i ruoli che mi venivano affidati, oltreal piacere di lavorare e' stata una scuola di vita a 360 gradi.
Pros
benefits generalizzati, mensa, leasing car, cellulare, assicurazione sanitaria e fondo pensione
The typical work day varied, depending on my work assignments. Ten hour days were my norm. I learned a great deal as I worked to meet the challenges of the various projects I supported. The workplace culture is friendly and business focused, and although teamwork is valued, ultimately you are on your own to make your way. The hardest part of the job was ultimately knowing I was a numbered resource and could be RA'd at any moment. Given that, I enjoyed working with clients and helping make them successful.
Pros
High quality and integrity of colleagues, Positive work environment, Potential to support value added initiatives and drive client success, and thereby promote overall job satisfaction, Decent benefits
Cons
Politics and silos can impede career progression, Every year of employment came with the feeling of unease driven by routine layoffs
Good place to work. Will not get salary hike as per the experience. Getting promotion is very much tough here. Work depends on the project. Environment is very good.
Ett globalt arbete med tidiga och sena möten. Långa, flexibla dagar med delvis fri tid mitt på dagen. Självständigt. Globalt god atmosfär bland kollegor.
Good for people who wants to develop their career. People are also open minded so it is not hard to blend in. Good working environment but salary is so-so.
As a consultant you get the typical long hours and client demands associated with any IT project. STAY AWAY from the CIC unless this is your absolute last pathway for employment. Management could care less about your own personal job growth and will assign you to whatever is most profitable. Pay was way under industry standards and promotions take a long time to come by. That being said if you are looking for a very entry level position and under average pay this can be a place to pick up some skills to be introduced to the workforce. High turnover rate is very common and freshers are always being hired it seems. Understand the difference between IBM core and the delivery center beforehand.
Pros
Flexible work depending on projects, Opportunity to learn the industry
Cons
Long hours, Underwhelming pay, Management was subpar
IBM has some deep talent technically but the executive leadership, which starts with the CEO and down have no clue on how to get IBM on track to be more competitive. Constant layoffs are conducted to make the financial numbers look good on Wall Street, but true revenue from innovative products and services continue to decline. Competent executive leadership is lacking at IBM.
Pros
Deep technical talent
Cons
Constant layoffs and reorganizations, poor executive leadership, dwindling revenue growth, respect for employees
  1. Employee Reviews