IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,472 reviews
Work life balance and management can be better. Work environment can be better.HR has been seen at the time of interview only. Never I saw the HR after that.
Integrity Culture Values Ethics Trust Work life balance Professional Learning opportunities Upskilling Work life balance. Personal career development , no micro management
Pros
Job satisfaction
IBM provides cheap IT services to clients who think they will benefit from outsource the service to a 3rd party.The money making is done through their employees. The company will not invest a dime on employees unless clients pay.The plan is to reduce the amount of people to a minimum, have them work 24/7/365 and bill your client.The 40 hours a week will not get you far, no OT pay, your employee ‘ratings’ depends on the free hours you provide and you are compared to your peers every period.only the ones who provide free (many) hours may see salary increases or bonuses that are a joke.over the years, i saw people dropping like flies and rush to a hospital after being overworked.most companies sign the deal with IBM will not renew after realizing they’ve been had.You will find no love for IBM from employees and management alike.unless you have no others option.. keep looking
Pros
item to add to the resume
Cons
too long to count
It was overall exciting to learn about the various units across IBM - they have so many teams and they also have flexibility in terms of moving divisions.
Start at 9 am, off at 6pm by my own initiative. I developed & learned that I have very good remote work habits. Management turn-over was consistently every 18 months. Work place culture was for most part good, but when disrupters existed in the group, Management did not seem to address these problems, forcing me to deal with them as a peer worker. The job was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was providing customer service and the resulting customer service feedback.
Pros
Work from home and a back office operation.
Cons
No advancement, no pay raises & companies lack of customer service.
IBM needs to improve on some factors, in people management. The first line needs to be more discerning with employees and not favor some. IBM provide improvement course on each service line
Many large companies don't have job security, this one does and it energizes me to keep moving forward. Tasks are redundant and may be boring for some.
It used to be a great company to work for when they promoted CEO'S from within. The year they hired CEO'S from outside the company It went downhill and has stayed there since. They lost sight of the principles the company was founded on.
Pour avoir travaillé plus de 10 ans à IBM.Je peux vous dire que IBM veut dire Industrie Business Machines, mais en vérité ça veut dire Industrie Bête et Méchante.😎On ne devient pas intelligent chez IBM on devient bête et méchant😑Cordialement
Pros
RAS
Cons
RAS
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Will get opportunities to learn new technologies.Care about IBMers' health with various programs like flu vaccinations, yoga, jumba, nutrition sessions, parental care, etc.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at IBM are were good. Until the contract rate kept getting cut. Which resulted in a lower.permanent rateJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at IBM, I think there wasn't muchManagementIn general, managers at IBM were goodCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at IBM was great, since I only worked oneaccountOverallMy experience working at IBM cannot be assessed as a permanent employee, since I only had this status for less than 3 months. As a 5 year contractor, my experience was goid
Would need an overall reorg to become a leaner organization byAddressing the unnecessary layers of managers hindering the productivity of the fewer individuals who are doing the actual work.Every time the budget is negatively impacted,, the first ones to be put on furlough or to be let go are the ones contributing to the delivery of the product/project.
Pros
You are expected to keep current in the technology and the processes to deliver quality products
Cons
The environment can be very depressing as it is demanding and not much rewarding
todo un reto. de experiencias , aprendizajes. desarrollo profesional, recomendado.
Eat up any training you can get for you next job!All they want is cheap laborNot a place where you will be able to move up(heard that from a teamlead meeting)My teammates would always say negative things about the companyTeamlead is a straight forward guy and would always tell me to just keep your eye out for a better job ibm doesn't want long term workersUpper management is absolute TRASH, they have no clue what really goes on out in the field.Lexington "office" is TRASH, sit in a room with no windows and its too small for 5-6 people. 100% NOT A PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACE!Watch where you step going to the restrooms or just anywhere in the building, cause you might step in human S@#T. I wish I was joking about that!
Pros
Free trips to different states, Free trainings, Co-Workers were cool
Cons
Pay, Benifits, Work palce and office, Upper management
Highlight is the people - everyone is kind, happy to have coffee chats, and help you develop professionally. Very few bad apples in the bunch.Great networking opportunities, senior execs happy to meet and chat, great management overall, top schools, fun culture.
Pros
Cons
Intern pay is low
IBM is a tribal environment with no trust. Employees and first line managers spend more time protecting their territories than looking out for what is right for the company. Everyone's number will eventually come up. Severance is laughable.
IBM is an extremely productive and fun place to work. They help motivate and lead in many ways to meet the company's mission. Many of the skills learned from IBM will last many years throughout an employee's working career.
Pros
Building high-end computers
Cons
Short periods of downtime.
My experiences from my roles:Contact Center: management implements new structure to ensure their team is adaptablePayroll/HR Shared Service: employee must have high stress enduranceAccount Trainer: Will be offered opportunities to handle different assignments, just be mindful on Separation of DutiesIBM overall: diverse and innovative; IBM wants its employees to be relevant in the next few years through offering online trainings where they can upskill themselves
Pros
Work Stability
Cons
Salary Increase
IBM is a very good company to work withGood experience. Very professional environment. However hikes are not good. Even you work exceptionally hard you will get normal hikes. They want equality in salary hike among all staffs. That may be a reason of pain for you sometimes.
Trabajo en equipoComunicación Áreas d trabajo limpias
Pros
Seguro imss
Cons
Permisos sin goses d sueldo
I love working with IBM because of the flexibily and worklife balance. The work loads are stressful, but with the teammate and managers makes all the work culture is fun and manageable.
Pros
Meal allowance RM20 for working over time
  1. Employee Reviews