IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Found 10,776 reviews matching the search
Day starts at 9am to 5pmLearnt collaboration and analytical techniquesCulture is very pseudo as its everyone to themselvesMeeting targets when submitting reports is the hardest part as every report needs to go out quickly and we get the report just that evening. Once we get the report we need to analyse it and send it out to the leadership teamThe most enjoyable part has been that you are part of such a large organization and if you are a good achiever the company goes out of its way to give recognition
Pros
Very good case studies and one can improve and grow fast
Cons
all is slef driven no one to help or assist you
I feel privileged that I was a part of IBM. Unfortunately had to leave the job due to spouse relocation to Gulf country. But still feel proud to carry a badge as ex-IBMer. Definitely looking forward to be part of the IBM family in future 😊
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Nothing as such
They not only provide a skillful competitive environment for employees but also ensure their learning and development part over the period of time, to ensure the benchmarks.
Good work life balanceNo Hike and incentiveNot Much PressureLot of Learning resources and trainings for new/Cloud technologiesLot of Opportunities
Great company to work and have a good work life balance, transition to new roles is difficult. compensation is not upto the mark however benifit are great.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New opportunities are less.
Good start to the Freshers and Beginers.Should not stick to the same team, project or company for a longer period.There is no growth in appraisal.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, work pressure
I enjoyed working over there, some time work might be more, irrespective of that, its employee-friendly, cooperative, supportive. The overall management system is good. I personally don't have any complaints but there are not enough annual increments that are the only thing that bothers, or else we can stay there till retirement. I left the company only because my expenses were more and the income which I was earning was not compensating my demands.
Pros
Wfh, not monitoring of time, sick leaves for resonable sickness
Cons
no much annual hikes
It was good learning experience with IBM. Good ambience and colleagues were really helpful and friendly. Management was appreciative and approachable.
We have a good work life balance but it depends on project if ure a developer.You may be given a project single-handedly.Do not expect a good hike.Negotiate good before joining
Pros
Free tea/cofee, cabs for women at night
Cons
Low hike
There are learning opportunities available. But employees have to be proactive to grab them. IBM offers a stable work environment with flexible work options.
Pros
Flexible timings, Work life balance
Cons
Poor compensation/hikes, Managers dont provide enough support for the employee to grow.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
IBM is very good company less care about existing employees. Promotion cycle is very prolongated . They are least bother about the salary of existing employees.Work Life balance is fine but depends upon project. HR policies are very strong and everything are very much open. Lots of policies , so employee should know those to survive.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Salary and Growth
I am proud to be an iBMer and have had fair to good experience and management is friendly nature. I learnt lot many things. Good work environment and culture. Team mates are very supportive and management is transparent
Good Company to work and flecibility in work from home options Available depending on the project. usually Managers are good and no micro management done by any of my managers in IBM.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work can be hectic
Work culture is Very good. A good learning culture. I worked at IBM full-time for more than a yearProsAmazing work cultureCan learn a lot in short timeConsAs a graduate hire, you don't have an option to choose the domain you want to work in.
Great collaboration to achieve a vision. Continuous growth with up-skilling. Free to innovate new things. Work life balance Good trainings work from home facility Global clients
Pros
Continuous growth with up-skilling.
Good to work, independence in taking decisions related yo our work.You prove and perform you get the right encouragement.Awesome place to work.. specially for women employees
Pros
We need to be careful with managers, they always try to manipulate on your benefits. But IBM HR policies are good and protect employees. HR policies and process about employee protection is awesome.
Pros
Job security and good benefits
Cons
Not all managers have ethical standards
Usually IBM dosen't hire freshers on regular payroll. So if you are hired for a certain position make sure that you have discussed with your manager about switching between teams or departments. IBM does approves internal switching but the managers won't leave you. So make sure that you have made this clear at the time of hiring or at least on the day of on-boarding.
Its a good companyThe management is really really goodProfessionals are always around you to teach and make you learn about everythingThey give you various trainings to learn and grow your skills.Thanks
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
It was good working experience. Work life balance is maintained very well. No cons. Sometimes work takes a toll but it is for a very less amount of time.
Integrity Culture Values Ethics Trust Work life balance Professional Learning opportunities Upskilling Work life balance. Personal career development , no micro management
Pros
Job satisfaction
  1. Employee Reviews