IBM

IBM Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Low Salary. Management is bureaucratic. work from home is the only perk. Salary is below market expectations and very bad. Flexible work hours are good.
IBM is no more an IBM we used to know. Gradually, it's India operation has been filled up with people in middle management who relies more on buttering and saving their own job, rather emerging as a thought provoking leaders. This racket has become fairly large and they never promote employees in actual sense. There are lack of career development and growth opportunities. All policies exists on pen and paper only and twisted as per the management need when it requires to squeeze/corner an employee who is NOT an yes man. It's "you scratch my back, I will do yours" atmosphere created in very organized way. Various operational decisions will flow down and Band 8/9/10 people are only keen to hear from YES MEN!! They created an environment gradually that damaged the harmony, franternity amongst the co-workers and there is a very unhealthy competition to be in manager's good book culture developed. This entire chain is dependant on personal level to each other. Some managers work on behalf of their tower leaders to collect house rent, cheque deposits to the bank, just to satisfy their supervisors for years. Think how they would think of their subordinates!!!?? There have been an unholy nexus formed between project managers, tech managers, tower leads and local HRs where there specific regionality matches, and come down to the employees hard as a gang to supress the employees who raise their voices. There are trememndous level of biasness and nepotism prevailing that has been flowing much above the IBM's policies on record and no senior management desire to look down below, to see - more...
Pros
Learning various courses
Cons
Growth, benifits, people
work life balance is perfect, flexible work timings, mobile working, management is very good, monthly online training's to keep you updated, Middle management is very good
You need to have God Father, else no matter how much smart, intelligent and productive you are, you will get very less/no appraisal. You need to know how to butter your people manager, that's all.
Pros
Only Brand name
Cons
Politics, Favorism, knowingly putting someone in RED state project and then blaming him or her for the state.
Work life balance is good (depends upon project basis) Knowledge enhancement, exposure of interacting with multiple accounts Challenge to change technology
Pros
Work life balance is good
Cons
Annual increment - less/nil
We were encouraged to take initiatives in operational excellence, innovation and could freely approach our seniors, customers in a transparent way. Emphasis on skill upgradations and work life balance.
I worked with IBM for 9 years and never felt like not going to work. I looked forward to going to work everyday. I had excellent bosses who were my mentors and guided me for my future development.
Since there is lot of work from home option, people preferred when doing consultant activity. A typical day at work. Lot of night shift, since the customer located across geo.
Great Place to start my career and learn many new concepts. The management is very well maintained and the queries are answered on time. The line of communication was excellent and employees were given opportunities to share their opinions.
Good support from management. Nice team and policies. Opportunities to grow if willing to work hard.Good Work life balance and flexible timings. Good support from team for learning new skills
Good company. Global exposure. Work on different and emerging technologies. Good working culture and atmosphere. Appreciate if there are more growth opportunities overall.
Good Place to Work and it is one of the best corporate company. Except salary range work place is best in IT culture. Management decision is little lack some times.
Work was stressful but every Friday was a fun Friday, which consisted of activities . Work was peaceful when handled properly with everyone sharing the work.
Pros
Free food if we work on a holiday
Cons
10hours of work
Working at IBM was a good experience. It was competitive working environment with lot of energy at work place. I would recommend IBM to a friend for the work culture.
very effective management and always in learning phase to enhance our skills and adopting to latest technologies and working culture is very good and work life balance is also good which will make us to work for long period to develop our carrer goals
IBM is a good organisation. It has good policies, work life balance, good pay structure, lots of growth opportunities, international experience & lots of learning opportunities.
Managing Work life balance becomes easier in IBM comparatively depending on the area you are working on as IBM give work from home facility which employees can avail according to their Business unit rules.
Its difficult to switch between the groups/departments in IBM. Once you are aligned with a group, its difficult to move to other group like for example moving from GD to Lab etc.
IBM is one of the best company to learn and apply the learning. I enjoyed workplace and collaboration at IBM is excellent. Worked as development manager and project manager with various team size.
Working at IBM is excellent opportunity. IBM provides good work life balance. It has limited onsite opportunities. Overall all it is a pride working in IBM.
Great Working Environment , Always work in emerging technologies, transparent Management,Honest Human resources policies .Salary hikes below industry standards