IBM

IBM Employee Reviews for Subject Matter Expert

Big IT giant. Good work culture, learning, growth, trainings, certifications, safety, work life balance, work from home opportunities and visibility.
Good start to the Freshers and Beginers.Should not stick to the same team, project or company for a longer period.There is no growth in appraisal.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, work pressure
Good Company to work and flecibility in work from home options Available depending on the project. usually Managers are good and no micro management done by any of my managers in IBM.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work can be hectic
Job satisfaction is good but no work life balance Learned Dealing with Improfessionals Long and Night HOurs Job is the Hardest Part of this environment
Cons
Long Hours
IBM is the best company to work for a long term. I would suggest IT people who would like to work for a long term can prefer IBM. I feel IBM will get you trained on our up-coming skills to ensure you are on track can support without any hicups
IBM is entirely manager driven company, so in a nutshell, your growth and career entirely depends upon your manager's discretion. So, someone has to put in twice or thrice of efforts in comparison to someone who's favorite of Manager.
IBM IS GOOD PLACE TO WORK & also balancing work life. I recommend people to work in IBM where they can create their career which will help to grow in their life.
Its productive work environment and Worth working with IBM, You have more possibilities for learning. Work place culture is best in IBM. You will also get Proper food.
The management is average, can be more open to the employees. Nice place to work and learn. It provides solid platform to enhance your skills and education by various sources . culture is generally Good and name ibm brings a certain respect to an individual in business circle.
Best Company to Work and to maintain work life balance. Great opportunity to learn new technologies and tools. Better opportunities to grow to the next level.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
IBM is a great company and working with any IBM is a pride because you would find many IBM'ers throught the industry. There is a great work life balance in IBM and that is something really make this company different. Thanks sukrut
IBM has a very good work culture, where employees are valued. You have work life balance and you get global opportunities. IBM is a process based company. Once an IBMer is always an IBMer.
Great exposure to innovative technologies You can learn horizontally or vertically Every business unit is so huge that you can will get to learn different cultures but single vision and Wonderful Work life balance
I feel that no one can satisfy 100% of people or employees in any company but its our responsibility to be in that 30% satisfied employees rather than struggling in 70%. So my review is that being in competition and thriving doesn't guarantee a hike or promotion in my current organization.
I have been working at IBM full-time for more than 3 years Pros Good people, ability to work from home (soon to be stopped though) Cons Incredibly cumbersome processes. Constant redundancy actions. Offshoring to incompetents. Really poor management and leadership. Baffling senior executive hires. Devious and underhanded behaviours.
Client oriented with preference to client requirements and team lunch were quite interactive. Team meeting and process to be followed was always given priority.
IBM is a good place to have balance in both work & personal life. Multiple opportunities to grow yourself in various technologies, Employees are treated with fair respect and they are trusted.
IBM is one of the great company to work but there is no salary criteria, A persona having experience of 14 years and a person having 4 years experience can get same package.
I had no issues during my tenure and the best part was work life balance where managers never asked a single question. Excellent tenure I spent in IBM
Good exposure good learning Prod to be an ex Ibmer.Good Management ample growth opportunities.Trainings are frequently done Clients are smooth once the flow starts in
Its good learn new things and get ourself updated along with your daily routine work and get paid for it. it all depends on us to make time to get ourself updated. there is no hectic pressure of work, even if there is it is allotted and been recognized for what we have done.
  1. Subject Matter Expert