IBM

IBM Employee Reviews for Technical Support Specialist

i used to work in evening shiftlearned the corporate EtiquetteManagement was OK but not great.it was a collaborative and team building culture.Working in night shiftwithin team it was fun,learning and helping each other. Best part was the company fest.
Pros
Free meals and trasport
Cons
Night and 10 Hrs shift
I was basically helping of Bankers all day. A lot of room to learn new things. Many opportunities to grab with a bit of competition. Only concern was the pay while IBM was not a pay master. But things were taken care off.
Crazy and exciting place. Everyday is a new learning, working with different support teams and awesome managers. No hard times at the job as everyone will be willing to support.
Excellent management, team support, plenty of opportunities to grow in the organization. It was my first company to work in and i was treated really nice as a fresher. Became part of a pilot project under a very nice Manager. Was a proud IBMer and worked with wonderful team members. Infact, the whole team went for an outdoor trip for three days and we all had a memorable time. Every team in IBM use to participate equally in fun activities. We use to have Rewards and Recognition Programs every quarter and that was the best part :)
Opportunity to climb the ladder. An 8 month old agent can apply for a higher role if meets the parameters Management of needs to improve ....................................................................
Productive and Learning experience. Project managers are helpful. Lots of option to learn new things. If you complete your internal certifications successfully there are very good opportunities to grow.
Whoever hasn't heard of IBM in today's time is probably living in stone ages. That being said it is a great organisation to work for. The candidates undergo a very robust induction process once hired which encapsulates a basic training for all the domains in a company. The training related to the process for which a person is hired for generally last for a month or two before hitting production. Overall a nice organisation to be a part of.
I was working for the GPS vertical. We were not allowed to take-offs, also we were not allowed any holidays. That was a bit sad. Also, I had 13+ years of experience and joined at an entry-level. Probably that added to my agony
Its a Managers company and fine to work with IBM. I learnt more process to follow with customer. It was overall good experience working with IBM. I will like to work with IBM in Future.
It was fun working for IBM. But later lean was implemented and it was quite interesting and challenging.Managers are quite helpful and encouraging. They trust you and help you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Overall : everything is good except management. You dont like to beg management for increments..thats exactly they want. very sad people. ----------------------------------------------------------
productive job and friendly atmosphere. I learned lot of things including technical, IT remote support and network troubleshooting.workplace culture was verygood.
it was very exciting to work with IBM. This is a company to work and grow your carrier. The main thing that differ IBM from other IT companies is the working culture and SLA focused.
IBM should be Dream company for Job Seekers.Culture is so good. The Company works within system and employee get all helps which is needed.Important thing is that employee have job security.
IBM has been an amazing learning experience. A company that nurtures learning and new talent. The leadership was good and the overall environment was conducive to new learning. It was fun working in IBM. Will love going back to work there some day.
Pros
Good company, good leadership
Cons
Manager driven company. While we have great leaders here, you need to be in good books of your manager, since it's a manager driven company. Job security is a concern.
A nice company to work with having healthy infrastructure manageable area with lots of fun seniors are very helpful towards junior but cab facility is not so good to go with.
Always targets high value businesses. Transforming into a cognitive on cloud company. Strong technical and domain expertise. Technical - from its software products and Research, Domain expertise - from its services sector . No other company has both the capabilities like IBM
Pros
Exploring and learning lot of new things
Cons
A 100 plus year technology company needs to transform and shed some of its legacy businesses
I have been working at IBM full-time (Less than a year) Pros WORK AT HOME IS THE REASON Cons No Cons untill u create it urself Advice to Management best management
Learned English ascent there, learned what is a MNC, learned how to take care of team, alligned with team leader as team captain. Got to learn a lot of Excel, team player - how does it work, managing AHT, quality etc.
It was okay. There is no growth in the direction that you would like to go to but there were a good amount of benefits. This comes from working for a company with good money.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
  1. Technical Support Specialist