IBM

IBM Culture reviews

Found 3,463 reviews matching the search
IBM has best workplace culture. IBM job is a dream for many. I got an opportunity to work with IBM Daksh (BPO Segment) for 9 years. My tenure with IBM was full of learning, opportunities, leading and fun-filling.
About IBM I would like to tell that everyone should gain experience in working qith IBM.When I was cuoosen as an executive I was very glad . Since starting , I enjoyed working there. My team mates , senior staff members and all collegues were really helpfull.In this company I got many rewards and recognitionThanks to Ibm
Pros
Free cabs
Cons
Good company for experienced person, for freshers you can't learn much here, politics are there, good support from colleagues. We can manage both work and personal life.
I truly enjoyed every moment at IBM, work culture is great, all my seniors are truly professional . and down to earth . I learnt and gained knowledge
Pros
Good beverages
Cons
No comments
IBM is no more an IBM we used to know. Gradually, it's India operation has been filled up with people in middle management who relies more on buttering and saving their own job, rather emerging as a thought provoking leaders. This racket has become fairly large and they never promote employees in actual sense. There are lack of career development and growth opportunities. All policies exists on pen and paper only and twisted as per the management need when it requires to squeeze/corner an employee who is NOT an yes man. It's "you scratch my back, I will do yours" atmosphere created in very organized way. Various operational decisions will flow down and Band 8/9/10 people are only keen to hear from YES MEN!! They created an environment gradually that damaged the harmony, franternity amongst the co-workers and there is a very unhealthy competition to be in manager's good book culture developed. This entire chain is dependant on personal level to each other. Some managers work on behalf of their tower leaders to collect house rent, cheque deposits to the bank, just to satisfy their supervisors for years. Think how they would think of their subordinates!!!?? There have been an unholy nexus formed between project managers, tech managers, tower leads and local HRs where there specific regionality matches, and come down to the employees hard as a gang to supress the employees who raise their voices. There are trememndous level of biasness and nepotism prevailing that has been flowing much above the IBM's policies on record and no senior management desire to look down below, to see - more...
Pros
Learning various courses
Cons
Growth, benifits, people
Working in IBM is a very productive place with Ideology leadership team which enhance an individual career platform from scratch to sky , also working with such a leaders boost our career.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Na
good culture, flexible working and I was always encouraged at work. My seniors always guided me in the right path.Good work life balance, New ideas are always welcomed
The best part of working in IBM is the flexibility that you get. Work from home makes your life easy. In terms of career, if you are a self motivated person who is always ready to learn, then IBM is a great place. It has lots of learning materials for upgrading skills and also promotes certification and re-skilling programs.But even if you upgrade skills you will not be able to showcase them. On-site opportunities are very less and I have seen H1B visa getting expired due to lack of projects. In projects also preferential treatment is given to those who support office politics. Talented and hard working employees are not recognised. Compensation and year-end bonus clearly shows preferential treatment. Also salary increment is really less compared to market standards.
Pros
Flexibility, work from home, leaves
Cons
Compensation, Onsite opportunities
The perfect place where want to grow as well as you can manage family also.management is superb co operative easy to reach at any point .IF I get any opportunity to work IBM,I will love to do so
Bad work culture, no growth, no learning opportunity, no variable, no hike. Big words and show off. Job security is good. But lost glory. Bad management. Managers will only demotivate you.
Pros
Travel allowance, cab facility.
Cons
No growth, no focus neither to customer nor the employee
The best place to work cooperative seniors, friendly colleagues and best managers, world class environment. dedication to every client's success, innovation that matters the two best things to learn there. Fun working place.
Pros
Free To and Fro, Salary by the end of same month
Cons
Almost nothing
Overall my experience was good with this company.i got lots of opportunities to learn new things and implement in my day-to-day task.also colleague was very supportive.
Big IT giant. Good work culture, learning, growth, trainings, certifications, safety, work life balance, work from home opportunities and visibility.
It's a good place to work and learn new skills to flourish in our careers. Good workplace culture. The working hours were 10 hours which I thought is a bit too long. I learned lots of things during my tenure with IBM. One thing I like about IBM is that it provides lots and lots of opportunities for its employees to learn. The hardest part is sometimes working becomes so stressful at times but still, they can't be eliminated.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
10 hours of work
If you get a chance than take an experience in the organisation. Culture is highly dependent on the accounts you are working for. Overall it is a good experience and a learning ground as IBM encourages (this is back in 2008, not sure if it has changed now) lot of training to be undertaken.
Pros
Good learning opportunities
Cons
Culture differs account wise
Day starts at 9am to 5pmLearnt collaboration and analytical techniquesCulture is very pseudo as its everyone to themselvesMeeting targets when submitting reports is the hardest part as every report needs to go out quickly and we get the report just that evening. Once we get the report we need to analyse it and send it out to the leadership teamThe most enjoyable part has been that you are part of such a large organization and if you are a good achiever the company goes out of its way to give recognition
Pros
Very good case studies and one can improve and grow fast
Cons
all is slef driven no one to help or assist you
They not only provide a skillful competitive environment for employees but also ensure their learning and development part over the period of time, to ensure the benchmarks.
I am proud to be an iBMer and have had fair to good experience and management is friendly nature. I learnt lot many things. Good work environment and culture. Team mates are very supportive and management is transparent
Work culture is Very good. A good learning culture. I worked at IBM full-time for more than a yearProsAmazing work cultureCan learn a lot in short timeConsAs a graduate hire, you don't have an option to choose the domain you want to work in.
Integrity Culture Values Ethics Trust Work life balance Professional Learning opportunities Upskilling Work life balance. Personal career development , no micro management
Pros
Job satisfaction
Nice and excellent place, wonderful environment and projects to work.No stress and very flexible work timings