IBM logo

Work-Life Balance
Job Security & Advancement

Found 5,971 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,778 reviews

Supper place to work

Liked the environment in the workplace and job security .I learnt discipline and how to enjoy while working .Never seen any hardest part .over all liked to work

Not such a good company to work for

Managers are always behind money to bill the client. worst work life balance and no process to give feedback to management. once you join the company no body cares about your existence. Not good for career professionally or moneywise.

Cons

Best workplace and culture with employee friendly environment

IBM has best workplace culture. IBM job is a dream for many. I got an opportunity to work with IBM Daksh (BPO Segment) for 9 years. My tenure with IBM was full of learning, opportunities, leading and fun-filling.

Employee Freindly

Good company to work with.Hikes are a bit less.Good learning resources.Less flexibility to choose projects.Many support projects.WFH option is there, even before COVID.

IBM is stable job but career growth wise on the downside

IBM is a good place to work if you knew the technology and is a relaxed place where you find ample work/life balance, with WFH but salary wise not. Good Place to work, Professional people you will get good support, morality and honest among the folk that work here is great, brand value is highest in IBM. Ample resources to learn online at IBM and if you use it wisely you will go places. But Salary wise and promotion, nothing much can be said. Promotion is very tough to get and it might take yrs sometime. Salary bonus variable per yr is not given, only profit sharing is given and promotion you have to wait for long time. Best is to learn for 3 years that IT trade at IBM and jump ship to grow career, position and salary wise.

Pros

Relaxed work, Wfh, supportive team, learning material many, technical growth exponential as there are lot of resources.

Cons

Salary is very less below Market, no bonus or increment, if also in the range of 2-5% and no promotions, the biggest dampener, if you want to grow in career, IBM is the best place to learn as they have lot of online resources and tools to learn, but once you have learned adequately say for 3 yrs, then leave to grow in career both position wise and monetarily. S

Excellent place to work with

I truly enjoyed every moment at IBM, work culture is great, all my seniors are truly professional . and down to earth . I learnt and gained knowledge

Pros

Good beverages

Cons

No comments

Productive and fun

IBM is a very good place for experienced candidates, we can explore more things parallelly we can enjoy more fun when participating events occasionally.

Non productive not an employee friendly environment

IBM is no more an IBM we used to know. Gradually, it's India operation has been filled up with people in middle management who relies more on buttering and saving their own job, rather emerging as a thought provoking leaders. This racket has become fairly large and they never promote employees in actual sense. There are lack of career development and growth opportunities. All policies exists on pen and paper only and twisted as per the management need when it requires to squeeze/corner an employee who is NOT an yes man. It's "you scratch my back, I will do yours" atmosphere created in very organized way. Various operational decisions will flow down and Band 8/9/10 people are only keen to hear from YES MEN!! They created an environment gradually that damaged the harmony, franternity amongst the co-workers and there is a very unhealthy competition to be in manager's good book culture developed. This entire chain is dependant on personal level to each other. Some managers work on behalf of their tower leaders to collect house rent, cheque deposits to the bank, just to satisfy their supervisors for years. Think how they would think of their subordinates!!!?? There have been an unholy nexus formed between project managers, tech managers, tower leads and local HRs where there specific regionality matches, and come down to the employees hard as a gang to supress the employees who raise their voices. There are trememndous level of biasness and nepotism prevailing that has been flowing much above the IBM's policies on record and no senior management desire to look down below, to see -

Pros

Learning various courses

Cons

Growth, benifits, people

Good work life balance. But little scope for growth.

Good work life balance. A lot of free learning material available if you want to learn a new technology or switch your career path. But very little scope for growth.

Pros

work life balance

A very good place to learn many things

A place to work many new courses basing on our intrest which helps in career in the long run We can do many certifications .A very good place for the women to work

Pros

Flexible to work

Cons

At times work pressure

Jobs at IBM

See more jobs

Working in IBM is a very productive place

Working in IBM is a very productive place with Ideology leadership team which enhance an individual career platform from scratch to sky , also working with such a leaders boost our career.

Pros

work from home

Cons

Na

Productive workplace

good culture, flexible working and I was always encouraged at work. My seniors always guided me in the right path.Good work life balance, New ideas are always welcomed

A good place to work but not great

The best part of working in IBM is the flexibility that you get. Work from home makes your life easy. In terms of career, if you are a self motivated person who is always ready to learn, then IBM is a great place. It has lots of learning materials for upgrading skills and also promotes certification and re-skilling programs.But even if you upgrade skills you will not be able to showcase them. On-site opportunities are very less and I have seen H1B visa getting expired due to lack of projects. In projects also preferential treatment is given to those who support office politics. Talented and hard working employees are not recognised. Compensation and year-end bonus clearly shows preferential treatment. Also salary increment is really less compared to market standards.

Pros

Flexibility, work from home, leaves

Cons

Compensation, Onsite opportunities

I am fully satisfied with the my previous company I

I learnt more from my previous company but some personal problems I left my job that company gave me alot happens, regards , their are many things to learnt and many more how to poilt with irrate customer how to satisfied customers how to manage the company scdule

If u want to learn and have job security.

This is perfect company to stay and learn . It has best management and job security. But if you expect a good pay then boss you got it all wrong. You will be paid according to manager's will and his frame of mind. But trust me you will be backed by the manager be it any other scenario. My managers were the best.

Pros

Opportunity to learn all the kind of techs. Switch teams easily. Gatherings. Unlimited sickleaves.

Cons

Pay scale will increase like a tortoise will run in the race, but u need to ask your manager for the same.

No growth, no work culture.

Bad work culture, no growth, no learning opportunity, no variable, no hike. Big words and show off. Job security is good. But lost glory. Bad management. Managers will only demotivate you.

Pros

Travel allowance, cab facility.

Cons

No growth, no focus neither to customer nor the employee

Work Life Balance is good

Good place to work. Will not get salary hike as per the experience. Getting promotion is very much tough here. Work depends on the project. Environment is very good.

Not worth the efforts

Salary increments and Bonuses are NOT given in this company. No employee satisfaction and motivation. The decisions and career growth are purely Manager Driven. Certifications are given once in a Blue moon. All laid back people will enjoy here

Pros

Cons

No salary hike and bonuses

Python developer

Overall my experience was good with this company.i got lots of opportunities to learn new things and implement in my day-to-day task.also colleague was very supportive.

Excellent company

Big IT giant. Good work culture, learning, growth, trainings, certifications, safety, work life balance, work from home opportunities and visibility.

It's a good place to work and learn new skills to flourish in our careers. Good workplace culture. The working hours were 10 hours which I thought is a bit too long. I learned lots of things during my tenure with IBM. One thing I like about IBM is that it provides lots and lots of opportunities for its employees to learn. The hardest part is sometimes working becomes so stressful at times but still, they can't be eliminated.

Pros

great opportunity to learn

Cons

10 hours of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10,423