IBM logo

Work-Life Balance
Pay & Benefits

Found 4,856 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,767 reviews

Employee Freindly

Good company to work with.Hikes are a bit less.Good learning resources.Less flexibility to choose projects.Many support projects.WFH option is there, even before COVID.

Not such a good company to work for

Managers are always behind money to bill the client. worst work life balance and no process to give feedback to management. once you join the company no body cares about your existence. Not good for career professionally or moneywise.

Cons

IBM is stable job but career growth wise on the downside

IBM is a good place to work if you knew the technology and is a relaxed place where you find ample work/life balance, with WFH but salary wise not. Good Place to work, Professional people you will get good support, morality and honest among the folk that work here is great, brand value is highest in IBM. Ample resources to learn online at IBM and if you use it wisely you will go places. But Salary wise and promotion, nothing much can be said. Promotion is very tough to get and it might take yrs sometime. Salary bonus variable per yr is not given, only profit sharing is given and promotion you have to wait for long time. Best is to learn for 3 years that IT trade at IBM and jump ship to grow career, position and salary wise.

Pros

Relaxed work, Wfh, supportive team, learning material many, technical growth exponential as there are lot of resources.

Cons

Salary is very less below Market, no bonus or increment, if also in the range of 2-5% and no promotions, the biggest dampener, if you want to grow in career, IBM is the best place to learn as they have lot of online resources and tools to learn, but once you have learned adequately say for 3 yrs, then leave to grow in career both position wise and monetarily. S

Productive and fun

IBM is a very good place for experienced candidates, we can explore more things parallelly we can enjoy more fun when participating events occasionally.

Good work life balance. But little scope for growth.

Good work life balance. A lot of free learning material available if you want to learn a new technology or switch your career path. But very little scope for growth.

Pros

work life balance

A very good place to learn many things

A place to work many new courses basing on our intrest which helps in career in the long run We can do many certifications .A very good place for the women to work

Pros

Flexible to work

Cons

At times work pressure

Productive workplace

good culture, flexible working and I was always encouraged at work. My seniors always guided me in the right path.Good work life balance, New ideas are always welcomed

A good place to work but not great

The best part of working in IBM is the flexibility that you get. Work from home makes your life easy. In terms of career, if you are a self motivated person who is always ready to learn, then IBM is a great place. It has lots of learning materials for upgrading skills and also promotes certification and re-skilling programs.But even if you upgrade skills you will not be able to showcase them. On-site opportunities are very less and I have seen H1B visa getting expired due to lack of projects. In projects also preferential treatment is given to those who support office politics. Talented and hard working employees are not recognised. Compensation and year-end bonus clearly shows preferential treatment. Also salary increment is really less compared to market standards.

Pros

Flexibility, work from home, leaves

Cons

Compensation, Onsite opportunities

Work life balance is one which i want to highlight

The perfect place where want to grow as well as you can manage family also.management is superb co operative easy to reach at any point .IF I get any opportunity to work IBM,I will love to do so

No growth, no work culture.

Bad work culture, no growth, no learning opportunity, no variable, no hike. Big words and show off. Job security is good. But lost glory. Bad management. Managers will only demotivate you.

Pros

Travel allowance, cab facility.

Cons

No growth, no focus neither to customer nor the employee

Jobs at IBM

See more jobs

Productive and fun working place

The best place to work cooperative seniors, friendly colleagues and best managers, world class environment. dedication to every client's success, innovation that matters the two best things to learn there. Fun working place.

Pros

Free To and Fro, Salary by the end of same month

Cons

Almost nothing

Not worth the efforts

Salary increments and Bonuses are NOT given in this company. No employee satisfaction and motivation. The decisions and career growth are purely Manager Driven. Certifications are given once in a Blue moon. All laid back people will enjoy here

Pros

Cons

No salary hike and bonuses

Python developer

Overall my experience was good with this company.i got lots of opportunities to learn new things and implement in my day-to-day task.also colleague was very supportive.

Excellent company

Big IT giant. Good work culture, learning, growth, trainings, certifications, safety, work life balance, work from home opportunities and visibility.

It's a good place to work and learn new skills to flourish in our careers. Good workplace culture. The working hours were 10 hours which I thought is a bit too long. I learned lots of things during my tenure with IBM. One thing I like about IBM is that it provides lots and lots of opportunities for its employees to learn. The hardest part is sometimes working becomes so stressful at times but still, they can't be eliminated.

Pros

great opportunity to learn

Cons

10 hours of work

Most flexible and comfortable work life

Most flexible and comfortable working environment. But compensation and increments very less. Best place to work until retirement. Best work life balance.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Compensation

Productive , fun loving, and most importantly chance to learn many new skills

I loved being with the company and this company has made the best version of me and had has helped in building my confidence. This company had always been supportive.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Less promotions

Good company to work at

If you get a chance than take an experience in the organisation. Culture is highly dependent on the accounts you are working for. Overall it is a good experience and a learning ground as IBM encourages (this is back in 2008, not sure if it has changed now) lot of training to be undertaken.

Pros

Good learning opportunities

Cons

Culture differs account wise

Super

Work life balance is good and more growth towords technical knowledge improvements but the salary hike is bit less to stay long in IBM. job is secure and managment is good

Work clture

Day starts at 9am to 5pmLearnt collaboration and analytical techniquesCulture is very pseudo as its everyone to themselvesMeeting targets when submitting reports is the hardest part as every report needs to go out quickly and we get the report just that evening. Once we get the report we need to analyse it and send it out to the leadership teamThe most enjoyable part has been that you are part of such a large organization and if you are a good achiever the company goes out of its way to give recognition

Pros

Very good case studies and one can improve and grow fast

Cons

all is slef driven no one to help or assist you

Work life balance

Good work life balanceNo Hike and incentiveNot Much PressureLot of Learning resources and trainings for new/Cloud technologiesLot of Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10,418