ICGEB

ICGEB Employee Reviews

Good lab with good job culture, overall a nice place to work

Good lab with good job culture, overall a nice place to work. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here although the work-life balance is a little off at times.

excellent work environment

Very nice place to work with adequate research facilities. Cutting edge research is carried out in various fields like plant biology, human diseases and biofuels etc

Funworkplace

A lot of avenues to discover depends on your individual capacity. You can make friends with colleagues from around the world. You have an opportunity to learn and be dynamic.

Pros

flexible timings

Cons

far off and no commution

Great Learning place

ICGEB is a good learning place with international environment for upcoming research areas, with experienced faculty

Pros

good support

Internationally funded organisation

enjoyed 4 years working here Place where one can get opportunity to interact with various national and international scientists

Pros

good funds, nice environment

Cons

not well connected by public means of transport

Peptide Therapeutics

I am Harshal Zope from university of Leiden, The Netherlands. I joined Alexander Kros group at University of Leiden in Feb 2010 where I am working on peptide therapeutics and expected to finish by Dec 2010. Continuing my interest in Vaccines, I worked on developing peptide amphiphile nanoparticles as an adjuvant and vaccine delivery platform and our recent study is now available online( Peptide amphiphile nanoparticles enhance the immune response against a CpG adjuvanted influenza antigen, 2013, Advanced Healthcare Materials, accepted ). In last 3.5 years I have gained in depth knowledge about peptides and their application in basic research as well as in applied research. Our group is focused on mimicking SNARE mediated membrane fusion and for that we have developed a reduced model. Along with this we also would like to exploit this natural phenomenon to deliver therapeutics molecules to the cell cytoplasm. We have recently filed a patent in the same and our manuscript has been accepted for publication ( In vitro and In vivo supramolecular biomembrane engineering using a lipidated coiled-coil motif, 2013, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Eng., Accepted). In parallel to this I have also developed a solid phase synthesis method to synthesize random polypeptides (DP 24, 3 amino acid combinations) with tunable biophysical properties. Further these polymers are also used for studying biomineralization of calcium carbonate and ferrousoxide (Manuscript under review).

Great palce of Scientific exposure

A highly disciplined science center. Good International exposure Multi discipline exposure Learning of UNIDO style of working

Pros

Work Culture

Cons

Instability of job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICGEB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3