Idea Cellular Ltd

Idea Cellular Ltd Employee Reviews in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

• Responsible to meet Network uptime 99.99%. • Responsible for Preventive Maintenance and fault rectification of BSS RAN Node. • Responsible for Spare Management and Emergency Node Recovery Management. • Responsible for Product ATP Sign off with Vendor for BSS RAN Node. • Responsible for New Feature implementation, Upgrade, Licence Provisioning, Pilot Project. • Responsible for Site Acceptance from Project to operation on Project Management Lifecycle Tool Idea Universe. • Responsible for Capacity augmentation of New TRX , PCU , BCSU , BSC Expansion , New BSC3i , New TCSM Node. • Responsible for Mission critical Network Recovery like BTS fire incidence, Tower collapse incidence, Flood situation. • Responsible for financial reconciliation of Network Inventory and Network audit for BSS RAN Node across Network • Responsible for Acceptance Testing and installing, integrating & commissioning BSC3i, Flexi BSC3i, TCSM, RNC. • Responsible for all Test and Measuring Equipment Calibration and Licence renewal well within Timeline. • Responsible for Vendor management (Tech SME / Assets MS Resource / Infra Vendor / OME Vendor / AMC Vendor). • Actively involved in OPEX Budgeting, Indenting, Resource Planning, and Vendor Management. • Actively involved in SOW Preparation, Vendor evaluation, Operational Process improvement. • Actively involved in Training need identification for Resource and to insure Technical Training for those Resource. • Actively involved in New Facility survey / Technical Feasibility check and Network optimization activity. • Actively involved in - more...
Not recommended for working.Mismanaged work profile.Less salary and too much work.No training no help.Better stay at home.Office politics and no extra benefits,
Pros
Part of Aditya Birla Group
Cons
Read my review
Idea is a great company to work with and its been awarded as beat employer. Company always cares about its employees welfare and keeps employee development as its top most agenda.
I have worked with Idea Cellular under the Leadership Program for 28 months now. I was recruited from the campus program in XIMB. I find the work culture very productive and it has provided me challenging opportunities over the months. I am now part of VodafoneIdea Limited post the merger and it is alltogether a new and challenging experience.
Pros
Independence of executing your strategies and plans.
Cons
Products are centrally launched when they should be circle specific.
Very High pressure telecom job. Focus on Coverage and DPL. New Market Development, Site Launch, Channel Management, Team Management, Sales Planning, Forecasting etc.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Focus on Numbers only
I have joined this company in dec16 with a positive approach and a hope to learn and grow in this organization but I am very disturbed to see the work culture here. There is no job security here and after finalisation if merger with Vodafone, situation is even worse. Favoritism is at peak and management is completely deaf to your suggestions and complaints
i am working in properly and very hardworking my nature in friendly and helpful all of as that's my nature and my hobbies playing football and socail media...
Its a hectic job with no work life balance. There is no support from leadership team. Your reporting do not want to work at all. No primary training. No respect in at work place.
Pros
Just a brand name
Cons
No work life
Time flexibility provided by the company insurance benefit and medical benefit is also good. Good learning atmosphere ,could improve yourself in other field
It is a very gud company for freshers as it invests a lot in its new employees by teaching and assisting them to grab the work skills required. Lot of other benefits and perks also exist
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Idea Cellular Ltd?
Great Organization to work with. A truly Indian MNC, I learned a lot here. I worked here for about 5 years and learn actual prepaid and Handset business.
A result oriented and assertive individual seeking to achieve aims and goals of the organization with complete dedication, diligence, professionalism, discipline and spirit of team work while aspiring to take on higher on higher. Responsibilities and aline personal and organization growth.
experience of working in the organisation can differ depending on the circle one is placed. management is not open and receptive to new ideas and thoughts.
Cons
uncertainty in direction, lack of information sharing
It is my first job with IDEA , where I have learned a lot and experienced good work culture and also got appreciated for doing good .
Recently idea introduced 4G on their network.While comparing the recharge pack with other providers it is almost same.It has to improve their internet connectivity, because suddenly while using mobile data it show low signal.Idea need to improve their network connectivity.The speed of idea 3g internet is unbeatable
Pros
No pros
Cons
No comments
Productive workplace.Cooperative Employees,Nice and lovely workplace. No Bias at any level. Friendly behaviour of Seniors. Time to time different recreational activities.
Good Company to work...Job security, Management decisions are good,Job culture are quite friendly, Compensation and benefits are also good, Competitive environment
This job is as a manageable or customer relation managing job. I work on a CRM application which designed by ORACLE. Its a customer relation management application which able to push customer satisfaction sms to know there opinion.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours like 16 hours
Idea Cellular is an Aditya Birla Group Company, India's first truly multinational corporation. Idea is a pan-India integrated GSM operator offering 2G and 3G services, and has its own NLD and ILD operations, and ISP license. With revenue in excess of $4 billion; revenue market share of nearly 15%; and subscriber base of over 121 million in FY 2013, Idea is India’s third largest mobile operator. Idea ranks among the top 10 country operators in the world with a traffic of over 1.5 billion minutes a day. Idea won the ‘Best Brand Campaign’ at the esteemed World Communication Awards in 2012 and 2011. It also won the GSM Association Award for ‘Best Billing and Customer Care Solution’ for two consecutive years, and was awarded ‘Mobile Operator of the Year Award – India’ for 2007 and 2008 at the Annual Asian Mobile News Awards Working hours are very flexible and HR department is very cooperative.
Pros
Free Talk Minutes and Free Internet facilities
Cons
Limited to 2G and 3G technology
Its was great working with ABG. Significantly I did not get a chance to feel bad about any thing which went bad in my stint. I learnt almost every thing here only as this was my first job where I realized that I am actually a part of a corporate as initially working at TATA Tele I could not do it as it was my first on roll job. So far the management is concerned it was a good except few incidents which are personal. Since I joined the organization at its launch time I got a chance to become the part of the pilot project at the same time got the chance to work with the great talent as well. I enjoyed my stint at Idea Cellular so could not find any hard day to mention as such. I enjoyed working with Idea cellular since the time I joined it, before getting transferred to Allahabad as a Zonal Service Manager, I was taking care of TERM Compliance & Prepaid Provisioning, I enjoyed the liasioning part with TRAI & DOT.
Pros
You get full space to showcase your tallent
Cons
PMS system does not work as per process
1 Formulation of Innovative Collection Strategy and ensuring achievement of collection target. 2 Monitoring Collection Activities such as Canopy Shows, Door to door visit of Field Executives, Telecalling etc. 3 Analysis and Monitoring of over dues, bounced payments, and Reconciliation of collection on day-to-day basis. 4 Resolution of Corporate & Individual Billing discrepancies. 5 Timely Audit of daily collection at authorized collection points. 6 Management of bill dispatch through Indian Post & Courier at Right time & Right place. 7 Monitoring Delivered & Undelivered Bills. 8 Preparation of various MIS Reports like Daily/Monthly Collection, Delivered/Undelivered Bills, Collection Agency Performance etc. 9 Monitoring Av /CV agency.