Indian Air Force

Indian Air Force Employee Reviews in New Delhi, Delhi

A Military life

Great career enhancement programme, knowledge building, sense of proud in job. Many career oriented programme, motivation, courses etc are being provided at periodic intervals.

Pros

Free Medical, Canteen facilities

Cons

24 X7 standby

Disciplined and organised life

A chance to serve the nation with pride. Good Quality of life. Security of camp life. Accommodation, medical cover, schooling and other amenities are provided. Work culture is very demanding, posted to pan India. Work place at Indian air force is very enjoyable.

Pros

Free food and lodging for bachelors, Normally no disturbances on sat &sun and other gazettted holidays.

Cons

Long drawn working hours, Home-posting is a mirage for certain trades

Journey from a Boy to a Man

I joined the Indian Air Force in the year 1994 at the age of 16.5 and retired after 23 years of service in the year 2017. It was my experience which I gained in the IAF that prepared me adequately for my second innings in the corporate sector.

Good work place but surety of job is not perfect, any time you can lose your job

* Work pressure is ok * Salary not given as you expected * Always misguide * Hide truth * They don't want to encourage you * Never listen your proble

Highly confidential

Job description not able to reavel. Top secret. Highly sensitive area. Dealt with the inventory worth more than 100 crore. Discipline conduct and security is our top priority

Good

Cud have bin better with better management. Top brass could think abt brain drain... Guideline needs to be followed... Policies may be made as per requirements...

Provides an adventurous and challenging carrier

Indian Air force is one of the best places to work with.Those who love challenge in life should work with IAF. One would get adequate opportunities to explore new places.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Pyramidical structure

Productive and honourable for excellent performers

I enjoyed working in the IAF to the optimum level throughout my career and earned honour, timely promotion, recognition and many commendations due to my self propelled involvement, dedication, innovative approach, perfect management and superb inter-personnel relationship ability. Knowledgeable and fluent hands on computer operations with analytical approach added a great factory in my job accomplishment with utmost accuracy. Of course, astute decision making capability and flawless management with foresightedness were the major factors for me to achieve many laurels. For my cheerful acceptance of challenging tasks, I did not face any hiccups in achieving the set targets / goals which could prove a milestone for others to follow. Being a leader, I was able to sustain congenial workplace culture which I could enjoy all the time.

Hard work and disciplined

I joined service at the age of 17 years and 8 months posted to various places including Leh. I met different people during my posting. I learned discipline, dedication and punctuality. I got opportunity to participate in many sports activities at various level.I could manage and handle staff of more than 50 at various units. As assistant registrar i was fully involved in the hospital administration and as chief ward master I could manage medical staff of more than 400 in respect of their duties in departments and wards.

Great platform

Lovely working culture respected and work for the country beautiful atmosphere and work culture is good. Lots of exposure we get and lot of culture and various places to visit.

the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces.

Commissioned in 1993 A person with the rank of Airman Basic is typically promoted to the rank of Airman after six months of active duty service in the Air Force, a member signed up for an enlistment period of at least twenty years of active duty. On the other hand, served my nation with pride

Productive and fun work place

Every day a typical day at work. I learned general administration, Facility , Internal and external Security Management. • Achieved service level agreement in terms of maintaining cleanliness, hygiene and upkeep of entire facility, security, operation and maintenance of equipment. • Handled large site and various branch with minimum manpower and resources. • Handled extremely critical situation and conditions without compromising standard and safety. • Handled various high-level inspection team visits with zero observation. • Leaded team and handled various events and visits successfully. • Ensured technical and fire safety of operation, maintenance of different equipment and hazardous work.

Indian Air force known for tuff job with mental and physical activity

Admin,security, Fire Fighting and store keeper,organising sports event, physical activity, yoga etc. Twenty years work experience as SNCO station duties ,Fire fighting supervisor, semi Commando couse,

Highly encouraging

I am giving this review, after having seen and experiencing both sides, i.e. iaf and private. Companies which work to make profits , work with that as the target. In the IAF work is to be seen with the need of nation. There are social , problem, problems by nature, enemy attack. Under all these conditions the govt needs to protect its citizens. Other than this , one needs to get in to the organisation, with just a pair of dress, remaining is managed by the govt. including family is taken care of. However work is demanding and one has to work. During working hours , there is no time where one can consider to close work, its almost a 24 hrs job. One needs to consider managing the family with only the other part of the family. Life otherwise is fun, lots of exposure to different parts of life. Very adventurous, may have to move to any part of the nation to work, a difficult situation, but not difficult to manage. Over all, its a life full of adventure, a sincere effort on work front and adopt to a life style which IAF gives, it can change a person completely.

Whatever I can speak about Indian Air Force will be less so long as my experience goes. A service that is never forgettable. The education, training,

In my personal review, IAF was an opportunity for my overall growth. It was the beginning of my career and was highly rewarding. I got lots of exposures and gained adequate knowledge and experience which will help me to undertake any assignment as a challenge in life and come out successfully.

Pros

A healthy and wealthy environment.

Cons

Nil

Learning the Respect the Job and Respect our Nation

Having 20 years of diverse & dedicated experience in multiple functional domains (Operation/Administration/Communication & support/HR/Procurement/Purchasing/Fund Management etc.) as a Senior Noncommissioned Officer.Over the years Indian Air force has provided an excellent platform to train myself to handle complex and formidable tasks single-handedly with the latest knowledge through various on job training and has nurtured a positive attitude in my approach towards work during severe pressure and stress conditions

Pros

Doing the job by heart

Cons

Transfer

Good Organisation

Deals in a highly technical area of Ship Building... Management is Good , however should be more careful about the career development of the professionals employed.

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

Training Dept

Jai hind

Had beautiful work culture, had job satisfaction for the work you do. Enjoyed my 20 years working in Indoian Air Force. Govt should re think the promotion polices

Pros

Cons

6 hrs, but 24 X 7

A place to learn a lot

I was an engineering Intern and hence was taught a great deal of things. The staff was friendly but they made sure be learnt the important things in easy ways.

Service in the IAF

It is not a secret that Indian Air Force is rated as one of the best forces in the world.This is because of the its rich traditions and culture.Working with such a force is a matter of great honor. I joined the IAFas a young lad and beside learning my professional skills I grew up as a disciplined individual. Whatever I am today it is because of training and inspiration provided by the IAF.

Productive and fun at work place

• Development & implementation of Logistics, Administration & Security Strategy through best fit policies/ guidelines/ procedures– facilitating effective procurement / purchase of Stores- conduct of price negotiation / Inventory control / Transportation /Safety Management (planning/execution / review) to protect Assets, People, Product & Information (APPI*). Perfected Innovative Logistics/ Inventory control/purchase & procurement/Administration & HR/Security/Intelligence/Finance/Risk in all Sectors such as Aviation, Automovtive, Textiles & garments, FMG etc; • Track record of putting in place HR processes & systems, acquire, retain & develop talent to deliver results, Security Practices, Intelligence gathering, Risk Mitigation & Disaster Recovery Management. Proven ability to collate iinformainformation into intelligence & utilising technology as a force multiplier. Work Experience : Indian Air Force  36 years experience in Central, Zonal & Field Unit Administration of more than 10000 Men & procurement/purchase of stores, conduct of price negotiation, accounting / Transportation/Inventory control of all ranges of Aviation stores(Jaguar & MIG series aircraft, Chetak/Chetah Helicopter, Mi-8 Helicopter, Kiran & Iskara aircraft, AN-32 Transport aircraqft), Avro, Dornier, MT Stores, Radar & Communication Stores, Test Equipment, Petrol, Aviation Fuel, Oils, diesel, Ration articles and clothing items amounting to Billion Indian Rupee value.  Maintenance, Administration, Logistics -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6