Indian Air Force

Indian Air Force Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
4.2Pay & Benefits

Motivated workplace

It is a healthy work place, and motivated work place as you are working for the country, so like every organisation there are pros and cons. So take the negative back.stay ahead with positivity

Pros

Good salary, job security

Cons

Mid level management, long working hours due to muss management

Very interesting and disciplined job

The best platform for my life time. Good base and learnt discipline, honesty and patriotism.Experience in all states from Kashmir to Trivendrum.Energetic job which boosts your will power

Pros

Free food ever

Cons

Short and strong hours

Good

Worked with Indian Air with honesty and integrity and excellent. Working for nation is a pride. Working in the defence organisation is a team work with a team leader. There is a competitive opportunity to work to get promotional benefits. Its a responsible Job with excellence.

Pros

Cons

24 hrs

Poductive and challanging , fantastic job in iaf , team work , mission should be completed.

Overall very good experience to work in indian air force, it is always very chsllanging life, tough life compare to civilians but still i like Indian air force most.jaihind.

Pros

Free food And lodging

Cons

Long working hours

Group work & time bonding

I have the honor to be a member for Cargil Operation.Discipline in all parts of your life.Centralized management.Flexible work culture.Training.Celebration of National days.

Pros

Free foding, lodging & medical facilities

Cons

Schedule hours in peace time.

Enjoyed at work place and socialy

Excellent work to work with IAF , worked on many Radars locations Technical group was excellent...I got chance to work on highest sensitive radar

Pros

Free food and long leaves

Cons

Uncertain duty

old dayes when we worked in INDIAN AIR FORCE salary matters we disputed

working in air force was a pleader as we were recruited in olden days ,that time salary was poor but all other thing were enjoyable ,we use to fight for hike in salary ,still we enjoy the adventure of life to learn many things , but now a days salary is high but rest of thing might be changed

Pros

all food free, meat free, daru free

Cons

24 hrs we are bound, it is pleader to work for nation

Why to join Indian Air Force

Being in a high risk job with a security force like the IAF obviously implies that the perks and allowances are huge as well. Apart from attractive pay packages and a life pension equivalent to 50% of the income, there are also other incentives as well. Free accommodation and education for your family, as well as travel and leave concessions as well as a lot of other benefits make a career with the air forces quite a lucrative opportunity. On top of that, the glory of a job well done is unmatched, be it through self realization or with recognition and honors being bestowed unto you. Being party to a number of adventure sports Being among the ranks in the Indian Air Forces necessarily requires you to be adept at a number of adventurous sports that will send some serious adrenaline rushing in through your body. The thrill of sports like paragliding, sky diving, car rally, rafting and the like are some worthy perks you will enjoy if you choose to be a part of the hugely dynamic air force wing of the Indian armed forces. The style factor Like any other job in uniform, the Indian Air Force also endows you with a unique style appeal, though in a heightened dimension. The pride that overtakes your very being every time you put on the dignified uniform with a promise to protect your motherland is a priceless feeling that only a lucky few in the world can afford to experience. Apart from that, years of rigorous training and a dedicated regimen ensures that you would be one of the most disciplined persons around, irresistible and irreplaceable! A uniquely dedicated -

Discipline

An unique cultural place for work. One will get a good reorganization for himself. Good Package of salary is available now a days. Live the life joyfully and a healthy life.

Technically most modern

Competitive working culture Often stressful Satisfied salary Making a man perfect Exposed to all weathers Abroad training chances Other worth packages

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Air Force?

Working for service of nation

Very nice organisation and always keeps benefits of employees.........................................,,.. Fabove the organisatio

Pros

Very attractive perks and facilites

Cons

Moving all over country

Productive and Collaborative

- 24 hrs commitment to the job. - Tasks were challenging. - Cohesive working environment. - Good salary and perks. - Secured Job. - Provides good amenities and social environment for families.

Good work place but surety of job is not perfect, any time you can lose your job

* Work pressure is ok * Salary not given as you expected * Always misguide * Hide truth * They don't want to encourage you * Never listen your proble

Best Place to work

Life Work balance, great lifestyle, enough benefits, pride of the uniform, gazetted class 1 job. Excellent working hours, slightly difficult for married officers as collocation is difficult. couples if both in the Indian Aor Force as collocation postings are difficult

very good

Air Force is Excellent in point of view as it is a Defense Service, also very good in point of salary but a little problem when it comes to the part of difference between Officers & mens relation..

Good

An excellent job carrier with lot of adventure. Lot of chance to visit all over India. High salary and allownces. Free medical and fooding along with well furnished transformation.

Overall, it is a good organisation

It was great to work in IAF, work culture, duty hours, payment and interpersonal relationships among all airwarriors very nice. Leave, clothing and medical facilities were extremely good.

Disciplined, Knowledgeable, Cultured and Enthusiastic Workplace

Feels proud to be in uniform, disciplined life, amazing work culture with different people from different parts of the country set for the same goal, good sync in people. One of the best Pay & Accounts, need not to have an account for salary/claims. Awesome appraisals and quick promotions. Developed us to handle any critical situation. Updated with modern technology. Worked here with devotion, full josh and enthusiasm. A great place to work in overall.

Productive and Innovative at work place

As the IAF is a Defense Installation, its professionalism in every part of job is appreciable.Working hour is flexible for some trades. Place of work is Transferable in 3 to 5 years.

Pros

Free Accommodation, Free Medical Facilities

Cons

Less Promotion

As an airmen you can not become specialist. Multitasking will spoil your career. performance appraisal not shown immediately after it is done.

my trade as photo fitter could not build my career as I was holding same rank for 13 years. it was too frustrating for me. my juniors got promoted I was in frustration. there was no job satisfaction. although I tried to adjust within organization with other skills like Designing, IT, training and development task I was not given importance. My talent got no value.

Pros

Very good facilities like medical, security inside camps for family, welfare for staff, other benefits....

Cons

leave restriction, no work-life balance, humiliation at work, worker is not comfortable becouse he can not approach management, management does not want care for feelings and emotions of workers

Excellent

We are bond for 24 hours duty. However, hours start at 0730 hours in the morning. Schedule packup is at 1430 hours but get delays most often than not. Lunch break is for an hour. Evening time is from 1530 to 1730 hours but end up at late evening.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6

Compare Indian Air Force with

• Indian Air Force
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?