Indian Army

Indian Army Employee Reviews

India587 reviews

Our job was challenging race with time sometimes . But we always enjoyed.we were multi tasked either it is at hospital or in field area where we are supposed to safeguard the borders and save lives

24/7 Active workplace and a great place to learn everyday

It is a great organization to work with. The paperwork is everything. They have no clear policy on salary and allowances. All the personnel and officers have to prove that they are posted to a field area to get the allowance. No direct communication from the offices posting you and offices approving your pay and allowances.Every individual thinks he is doing a favor to others even if they assist anyone else in his professional activities also. Internally the organization doesn't work together, it works in sub-units. All sub-units care for their own success and welfare, not for the welfare of the organization as a whole.

Pros

No regular routine, so one gets to learn a lot. Job roles are not defined, so one gets to do several tasks, the overall personality evolve constantly.

Cons

No work-life balance, Pay and allowances are not streamlined, Just follow orders.

Indian Army insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to work, live & grow

It is tough, adventurous, fun and a way of life. The purpose of the job is to defend the nation, finally. You have to be mentally prepared to even die in the line of duty. So of course the life is disciplined, hard and strenuous. Every task, exam & assessment is a mission. You cannot afford to fail. Failure is absolute ignominy. This makes it a very demanding job. However, it gives you an immense sense of achievement and accomplishment. The downside is early retirement in your golden years. One is left to search for a second career after early retirement.

A well established organisation with highly qualified and experienced supervisors /command staff.

A well established organisation. Everything is laid down as guidelines. Good opportunities achieving higher ranks. Well paid and have other benefits.

Workplace

Good to work and improve your self in side and outside Army. Get good caring and relax related to other industries. High Job security gets from Indian Army.

A real life experience.

Worlds best organisation which teach you non discriminations and hard work. These qualities are fundamental for a successful life. The purpose of life is peace and prosperity. This purpose is surely met by the army training.

The best job in world

This job give you all qualities like team work, leadership, coordination, hard work, physical and mental stamina, punctuality loyalty and discipline in bonous. The best job in the world to make you a complete person.

Respecatble

It is a noble profession. Army soldiers get respect from everywhere. Moreover this is a chance to serve for our country. I earned many experience from Army like Risk assessment and risk management, Technology assessment and providing solutions ,Trainer and mentor, Team leadership skills, Excellent written and verbal communicator, Key role in planning coordinating and executing combat operations, both in training scenarios and out in the field, Good Knowledge in transportation and logistics, Solid and Good experience in Clerical/ Accounting works, Good experience in Administrative / Leadership works.

Great job great experience in multy tasking

Good job great facility respectful job good salary a great environment there is no such organisation in the world like Indian army.Jai hind I love Indian army

Job satisfaction

It is a very professionally satisfying tenure and opens up unexplored horizons. It exposes one to various challenges in the profession and develops numerousctrsuts like leadership, team building work ethic etc.

Work with indian army is best part of life thats the great experince

Thats the great experince i hv ,the life of indian army is the best part of life i think every one shd hv to live min 2 yesrs ,at ons,the most deciplin &dedicated to their work at any cost &in any climat,thats the sprit of indian army,

India's most exciting workplace

Indian Army Impossible makes possible. Manage any work, anywhere with minimal resources and low manpower.Great culture with good mannersChallenging and adventurous.Man management, infrastructure, and inventory management Disciplined workplace culture.

enthusiastic and devotional job

Indian army is the organization who cares yours and your family to the whole of your and your family life. It is the passional and devotional job to the nation.

Pros

everything free

Cons

discipline of time

Very good organisation

Day to day living is very interesting and sometimes it is quite difficult while on line of control. Overall life is enjoy full and learning. India Army always will be my choice.

Pros

Play games - free accommodation, cloth, vehicle, flight ticket & food.

Cons

No time to look after family & always separate living from family.

Really excited a new life and new life discipline

There was a strict and disciplinary life to change civilian life. Difficult but enjoyable. If you are interested to save country with full facilities just join and do it.

Pros

Free food and travel

Cons

Full time duty but get so many facilities

Exemplary service

I got an opportunity to serve for the nation. The Indian Army has capaciated me, enlightenment of my personal attributes, building me a true loyal Indian citizen. Imparted ennumber of trainings both physical and mental exercises and groomed me a good disciplined soldier who can raise to any occasion and able to accomplish the assigned tasks.

Pros

All benefits

Cons

Separation

Indian Army is one of the disciplined organizations of our country.

Indian Army is one of the disciplined organizations of out country. Based of our Army very hard working and fully confident with honesty. The army is always ready to sacrifice its life for the country.The only goal of the Army Soldierrs is to save Bharatmata. Army soldier can accept all obstacles with a smile.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Always ready 24x7

Exciting

. Very hard working . Indian Army Impossible makes possible.. manage anywork in low manpower.. Great culture with good manners. Saichen Glacier. Anniversary functions

Pros

Food and Cloths

Cons

Working unlimited

It was a nice place to work

I learnt a lot working in Indian Army. In our heart we had a great love for our motherland. I am proud that I worked in Indian Army. There were tough time and also enjoyable time during my tenure in Indian Army.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours of work

The safety, honour and welfare of the country comes first always and every time.

The greatest binding force in the Indian Army remains unit cohesion and tradition. Truly heady is this mixture of Unit identification and traditions of sacrificial valour, handed down through centuries. At one point, victory or defeat becomes irrelevant. The Indian Army has time and again lived up to its tradition of valour, heroism, sacrifice and fortitude. It stands vigil along the border, watchful, prepared for any sacrifice so that the people of the country may live in peace and with honour. The Indian Army is that and much more.

Amazing place to work.

Indian army is a one of a kind job that every individual must experience at least once in their lifetime. Various options to apply and at all three levels - soldier, JCO, Officer.

Pros

Grass is green on the other side - get to the other side and experience it first hand

Cons

You are active 24x7x365 but even that is also great..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Army. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Indian Army with