Indian Bank

Indian Bank Employee Reviews

India84 reviews

bankbankingindiabranchloanmanagecustomlearn

Creative, energising, purposeful and result-oriented.

I still cherish my work experience, which enthused me a lot. I would have continued working with the Bank. Later on, I have attended an interview with their Subsidiary concern, but was not successful.

Pros

Remuneration paid on time.

Cons

Inappropriate designation.

Stressful

The job is stressful and no work life balance. There is always target pressureLong working hours in whole banking which will destroy personal life

Pros

Job security

Indian Bank insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to meet personal goals

You acquire skill while executing the deliverables

Excellent Organisation to work. Employees are dedicated and honest in their approach . The deliverables are completed mostly within time. Organisation encourages competition amongst peers.

Good opportunity to learn Financial services and grow in the Banking sector

Good opportunity to learn Financial services and grow in the Banking sector. Helpful co-workers and colleagues but must be proactive to learn and grow in the area of your interest. Good community spirit and work culture at the Branch level with supportive colleagues.

Not a good work place

To be honest it's not s good place for IT professionals. People have to work mostly on non technical work and in case if anyone gets technical work then most of the leaders in management do not understand what is the purpose and timeline of the same.

Pros

Govt Entity

Cons

No technical work, management is not good, long hours unnecessarily, promotion is not good

Excellent cooperation from others

Very good experience. Joined as Substaff in the Bank on my retirement I was Scale III ( Senior Manager/ Branch Manager ) running some branch independently. The above chance given by Bank Management Thanks to them. I was performed very well in the year 2012, 13,14,14 continuesly Selected as Best Manager at Chennai South Zonal level I was appreciated, awarded/ by the Management. I was forget my service in Indian Bank.

No work life balance

Though hardworking pays it doesn't help you go in a sense of direction. No career advancement unless there is a strong zeal in you. Lot of work pressure

Pros

Badge of working in public sector

Cons

No work life balance

Good Place

I enjoyed by working with my customers and satisfying customers is my hobby. I loved more. Good Place to work with professionals and salary Increment available once per Year

It was an overall a good experience to learn new techniques and skills

It was having a good experience as I have learned how a bank operates and run and it was kind of knowledge gaining and how to use those knowledge in practical sense

Pros

Work life balance, timely payment, no stress at all

Cons

Yong talent are very low as comparision to other bank

Bank

कभी-कभी ज्यादा भीड़ होती है तो उनको संभालना भी कठिन रहता है जैसा की केवाईसी फॉर्म चल रहा है पूरा दिन निकल जाता है बैठा बैठा हूं जाता हूं कस्टमर कैसे करते हैं

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Bank?

fun

-learnt about movable and immovable assets -boring environment -minimum learning -understaffed most of the times -opinionated staff which was a obstruction in many ways to learn

good environment at work place

good place at work and most enjoyable part of the job and good technical and back end support of the remaining staff it leads to learn the work quickly. Thank you all the colleagues.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

some times

Working in Indian Bank a nationalised /public sector bank having challanges

to in the market.But being cautious about real economic scenerio the business has carried out with strict, disciplined bank practices bank has become number one in so many parameters .

Pros

Discipline n business oriented bank

Cons

Unhealthy market conditions

Manpower shortage increases the workload per employee

Advance Portfolio is simple and straightforward. Recovery Management is good. Only manpower management to be taken care of for smooth functioning of branches.

Pros

Simple and User friendly software and system for employees

Cons

due to shortage of manpower and increased workloads, the employees have to work in offices for long hours.

productive

I worked in the Indian bank for four weeks and it was a good banking experience regarding loans and general aspects of banking. I would like to learn more about banks and gain more experience.

Productive, too many Reviews by zonal office but less control on loose lending, Shortage of clerical cadre results in over work for officers

1.A typical day is hectic and tiresome with more time spent on social banking, implementing Government schemes and getting to do some useful business in between. 2.We have learned to deal with crowds with available resources and balancing the time available between service and business and learned the concept of smart working. 3.Management is well aware of the conditions and fully backing up the staff and managers in all our endeavors . 4.Work place culture is good and always customer oriented. I have experienced customers appreciating our interaction with them. Still improvement can be achieved with Reliable quality computer peripherals and service personnel. 5. The hardest part of the job is to pacify the crowd we receive during monthly disbursal of Government aids and making Pass Book entries. 6.The most enjoyable part of the job is when getting the desired results and profits for the Branch, making a sizable recovery or clinching a good business deal for the Branch and Getting appreciation from our superiors for the efforts we make, gives a lot of satisfaction and sense of achievement at the end of the day.

Very boring

NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR NON TAMILIANS AND DEFINITELEY NOT FOR THOSE WHO TALK STARIGHT. I felt I was ditched many times either in promotions or transfers to far off places inspite of having worked there before. the Unions are of no use really. And we have to fend for ourselves for our happiness.

No work life balance

It's good to work in a public sector banks. But work timings should be maintained strictly by the management. Late sitting to be discouraged by the management.

Insecurity drives the management

The mid and top management is full of individuals who are extremely insecure when it comes to their position. Any idea coming from new members is not encouraged.

Average

Indian bank is a mid sized public sector bank, with good customer base in south india. Typical day at work includes managing loan customers, accepting loans applications and processing.

A place where in enjoyed and an opportunity to enrich my knowledge.

I fully enjoyed my tenure in Indian Bank which facilitated to learn and enrich my various skills. It gave me an opportunity to implement my knowledge to the benefit and enrichment of my institution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Indian Bank with