INDIAN COAST GUARD

INDIAN COAST GUARD Employee Reviews

Multi dimensional and disciplined work place

This job has given me exposure of various departments such as Technical, security, logistics, infrastructure development, human resources management and budget management

Poor family life, stressful but with good salary and other benefits

Poor family life, stressful but with good salary and other benefits. Officers posts are comparatively better. Secured future with lot of sea life. Don't expect much and keep working. Growth is time scale and most of the time it's not on the basis of merit but on the basis of caste. Reserved category get priority in promotion.

Pros

Free medical, canteen, ubiform

Cons

No old pension, stressful life

Its Military and gives ample scope for your development

Coast Guard is One of the finest service in India, for a person who likes sea life and sailing the service is perfects fit. The training is given by IN and you will get a chance to roam around various countries.

Disciplined Service

* Excellence in enhancing the operations, optimizing resources & capacity and escalating productivity & operational efficiencies. * Expertise in developing procedures, operational policies, planning & implementing effective control measures to focus on reducing the running costs. * Proficient in devising HR/ Administration Strategies to enhance efficiency & operational excellence.

Challenging, Utmost job satisfaction, Law Enforcement and Humanitarian Service

The work culture is devotion to duty, service before self and ready to undertake 24x7 duties.A well disciplined and encouraging the fellow staff to render their best in a professional manner.

good

it is a nice experience with Indian coast guard direct joint in 1998 and systems then I have sixth sense reach the top of Indian department and controlling various type of messages including operation and maintenance full just job satisfaction there is no time limit for working in Oscar

military type of working culture

indian coast guard is a armed force of union territory of india. so working in coast guard is not that easy as it seems from outside, here you will require to work onboard ship and remote locations also. things are pre decided so you can not add new ideas in the working culture. you will require to work as per sop which is decided by the govt of india.

Great to work with World's fourth largest Coast Guard

Ensuring the safety of life at sea and enforcing the maritime laws. With our motto "Vayam Raksham" we are at the service of our nation 24/7 protecting the sea front of India.

Finest Defence Organisation Indian Coast Guard

Growing fourth armed force of the union of India, provided may opportunity to learn and develop the organisation as self sufficient. More adventure and great exposure to many technologies in the world.

Maintenance and security services

I have worked 35 years and 09 months in Indian Coast Guard as Dornier aircraft airframe and engine and Chetak helicopter maintenance. Administration

Fulfilled national duty

A good opportunity to serve the nation in various capacities. Learning curve never stops in Armed Forces and it was really enthralling to work under different types of leadership.

Pros

Secured future

Cons

Stagnant career

Marine security

good security service in Indian organisation. Employees also very well knowledge persons in Indian coast Guard .Enrolled personnel of Indian Coast Guard are trained along with Indian Naval sailors at the naval training establishment INS Chilka. All training undertaken by Coast Guard personnel is the same as those undertaken by sailors in the Indian Navy. All personnel are trained in operation of weapons systems in cases of emergency.

Pros

full amenities for family welfare

Cons

Long period of Sea duty

Good GoI. Dept

This Dept of govt of India provide a good atmosphere to work and show your talent. Employees can work without any fear and show their skill and get rewarded for that .

Pros

CSD and MH

Cons

Transfers

Military Life

A growing organization with well disciplined personnel. Adventurous life at sea and tremendous exposure to life. A good place to learn and apply the knowledge acquired.

Working place is nice

The hardest part is to work at sea in mansoon condition,a typical milattiry routine at every day ,managemnt is also nice,the most enjoyable part of the service is trasvelling

Challenging and Learning Environment

It is a Defense forces organisation, which helps you in overall development of your personality, knowledge and liasoning with various fields of life. It emphasizes on work in a displined environment and strict chain of command.

Chalaenging anf fulfilling.

Armed force of union. challenging tasks every day. Maritime security, maritime law enforcement, marine environment and port environment, ISPS code port and ship security.

Pros

free ration, medical good salry

Cons

long days away from family.

Work hardship

Very interesting to do, but due to frequent transfers, not able to continue. The service in ships are very interesting and most of the works are new tasks, We have to work in different places of India and in different situation.

Pros

All free

Cons

Long working hours as it is Defence Service

challenging and adventures environment that enable a person to look life with positive attitude

i learned discipline and commitment,timeliness and also about various technical aspects that helped me to build wonderful life.it provide me everything but since i have limitations to develop there with my qualifications .i further decided to continue my studies even though it was a difficult decision

I am ready to do any kinds of job.

My working hours was 9am to 6pm in Indian Coast Guard. But the distance between my home and the office was too much. I learned computer basic, Photoshop, Typing, Football and Drums. I have no experience about any kinds of management and co-working and hardest part of the job. I enjoy all the day during in my work, if I seemed the job is appropriate for me.

Pros

As vacant in your office.

Cons

10am to 6pm.

Challenging

Worked as a master chief electrical artificer onboard Indian Coast guard ships. Responsible for the operation,maintenance of all electrical/electronic equipment onboard including man management.

Pros

Govt job

Cons

Away from base port due to sailing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at INDIAN COAST GUARD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Compare INDIAN COAST GUARD with

• INDIAN COAST GUARD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?