INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS Employee Reviews

It is a purely research-oriented organization meant for students interested in Astronomical Research. It is fully funded by the Government of India. Instruments and funding are adequate for research.
Pros
subsidized lunch and free wifi
Cons
very few job openings
Could learn lots of things here. This is mainly meant for astrophysics research ,I am working as a support staff for Indian Astronomical observatory.
The institute is very much result-oriented, so one will have to sweat a little extra to make a perfect work-life combo. The place is well in the centre of the city, so you're provided access to anything and everything for a good after-work life.
This is my first job it was totally new for me and my job.I have learned working nature in Organisation and learned new thing because work with South Indian and learn him the culture of them.
Pros
Free Lunch, Transport
Cons
not long
The institute is dedicated to the research in the field of astrophysics. It is the best place for students who want to pursue astronomy to begin their career. The institute provides ample opportunities for young researchers to explore, learn and grow.
Pros
stipend, accomodation, meals
Indian Institute of Astrophysics is the premier research institute in the country which hosts major telescope facilities funded and supported by ministry of science and technology, Govt. of India. It has excellent telescope facilities ranging from Gamma rays to radio waves.
Pros
Freedom in Research & Teaching in Astrophysics. Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
No Cons in my 20 years of experience. Yet to find one.