INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE Employee Reviews

The organization is prestigious and works towards the excellence of its students. The employees within the organization are well motivated and extremely knowledgeable, which provides a healthy learning environment for the students as well as the new members of the work- team.
Being a monopoly in their business, the scope to learn is abundant. Even though it comes under MoC work culture is cosmopolitan and highly demanding. Remuneration and benefits are best provided in the industry but the scope for career advancement is very limited.
I have been appointed out of 32 applicants at my current position. Less number of experts available in the country my current project. However, the process were strengthened as a part of programme implementation.
Pros
Food available at nominal rates
Cons
9 hours
Good place to start in case your focus is on research papers and higher studies. However, as usual research associates do not get any credit for good work and it is highly bureaucratic work culture.
I started my career with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade in the capacity of a research associate wherein I was initially posted to the Trade Division of Ministry Of Agriculture in their to work in the area of Agricultural trade where I under took various types of data analysis exercises from websites like FAO and USDA, consequent to ending of the scheme I was posted to Ministry of Commerce where I was trained in issues relating to WTO and worked on preparing negative list for foreign trade negotiations using techniques of revealed comparative advantage and with help of databases like World Integrated Trade System database
Worked on feasibility of Sustainability in Supply Chain and performance measurement of sustainability practices in industry using Graph Theoretical Approach and subsequently determine the course of action using TOPSIS approach.
A very learning and thought implementing place.Great supervision.
Pros
pure research
Cons
low salary