Indian Institute of Management

Indian Institute of Management Employee Reviews for Research Associate

Fast-paced collaborative job culture can be the best defining words for IIM JOKA. A place for all-round development , a once in a life-time experience where the chance of skill & knowledge exploration is limitless.
Research might be a hard field to get into but it has its rewards. At the outset it needs preparation in basic aptitude and communications. Equal emphasis must be given to both knowledge and communication.
Overall experience was good but less exposure to new technologies for engineers . And there is nothing to new learn as an IT Enthusiast. Rest all good .
Our work starts at 9.00 AM sharp there we have full freedom to work in our own style. The objective is explained and guidance for it is also provided but we have freedom to work so long objective is attained efficiently. All support facilities like computer, library etc is available. The salary is always distributed as per schedule. We have opportunities to pursue our sports etc.
Pros
Free library, subsidized mess
Cons
Its rare that we have to work beyond scheduled hours.
My job was highly academics and research oriented. Work pressure and deadlines were low , but the analysis part was tough. I got to learn a lot about the topics I was researching on.
Pros
Work and life balance
Cons
Monotonous work, limited opportunity for advancement
Pathetic place for research. No respect of research or researchers. No research infrastructure in place. I didnot find any job related culture there.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no salary hike, no research infrastructure
Productive workplace with supportive management. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people.
Work in IIMc is amazing and it is a life time achievement to work in Indias one of the famous company
I worked as a Research Associate which although is not a permanant job. A typical day will involve day-to-day interaction with many professors, developing algorithms and solutions to some complex problems. Research is research, so if you are prepared to fret it out, the opportunity is great to advance your career in the field
It was the place where I started as a researcher and grew to be a student counsellor for two years
Pros
highly challenging job with clear cut time lines for completion
Cons
a lonely job, with no colleagues on the same project
Able to use my capability in its real sense.Now wan to move the place with high expectation.
I have learn Lots of things as Management and develop my ability of work better from my past work experience
Pros
working atmosphere
Cons
contractual job
enormmous pressure is there. used to spent 12 to 13 hours per day. learned: SAS, R
IIM Indore is the place where i learn lots of things from facalties n co workers.I worked as research & academic associate where i worked with difference professor and helped them in their research work also.In IIM i also enjoyed lot in cultural feast and at the time of convocation.There i got chance to attend many seminars and also class taken by various professors.
Pros
lots of learning