Indian Institute of Management

Indian Institute of Management Job Security & Advancement reviews

Thank you for giving me an opportunity and learning experience. It is helpful for me to explore the discipline of Management and its subfields better.
It's a government institution so it is slow paced and full of politics. However once you blend in it's fine for people who are looking for a relaxed job.
Our incharge was very helpful. Sir helped us through every step during the course of internship. We learned new tiings that will help us in the future.
The atmosphere was very good specially to work with faculty who have provided immense guidance in our career path The work place is also very good.overall nice experience from the company. The seniors are quite helpful and effective in their work place
Fast-paced collaborative job culture can be the best defining words for IIM JOKA. A place for all-round development , a once in a life-time experience where the chance of skill & knowledge exploration is limitless.
Research might be a hard field to get into but it has its rewards. At the outset it needs preparation in basic aptitude and communications. Equal emphasis must be given to both knowledge and communication.
Friendly profs, amazing facilities, nice work environment, good resources and a friendly campus. Lot of opportunities for learning and researching in field
Nice and result oriented .Nice work culture. Great mission and vision . Young institute to grow very fast. New campus with traditional look of Rajasthan.
Prefered to work more years but had a hard luck as i wanted to come back to my hometown to take care of my family. Good Workplace to one who can manage the things on his own and more opportunity to learn.
Being a top Management institute, there is a big Miss-Management and there is no work balance and Job security. No salary benefits and advancement in a job cycle.
This is a very good campus to learn something. this is clean and full of nature atmosphere. You can learn many things from this campus. your learning will be improved here..
Cons
The workplace and the people here are very welcoming. Working along with professors and on academic projects really enhance learning and uplift you personally and professionally. A good place to kickstart your career in academics.
I joined at IIMK as my 2nd institute but when I joined I felt like I could have joined here earlier, so that I could have learned a lot more than I had in real from the earlier employers. Only the working hours, pay structures and job security are the reasons for quitting the job.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Tight schedules to handle, highly versatile activities and responsibility at low payment
Enjoy to work at IIM with well cultured and highly educated group of staff and students Job is in balanced good compensation with additional amount.Fully job security. Excellent management team. Well cultured job environment at IIM Ahmedabad.
Pros
Free to work indipandently with goal and free tea and coffee, regular annual free health check-up.
It is a nice place for freshers particularly for those who plan to join IIMA as a Research or an Academic Associate. It offers flexible work environment and great learning opportunity. You work with the best minds in the industry.
I took this opportunity for the sole aim of getting good recommendations for a PhD program in the US, and to learn the ropes of conducting research in Finance. The professor I worked under was great and had a very good network.
Pros
Good as stepping stone to a US PhD
Cons
Low compensation, Opportunity cost
If you are a fresher and you want to learn then its the right place but if you seek growth and pace in your career its not the right place. Its great for education but not for a job and that too contractual.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No growth
Great place to explore your abilities and utilize the resources, meeting and connecting with different personalities as well. Work culture is also good.
Being educational organisations the environment is very good. However, the people are not that good. One must not expect a lot from these organisations as these organisations do not value the non-teaching staff accordingly.
Its a very good institute, but viewing for job perspective growth is stagnant and salary structure is very poor as well as minimum benefits are not given.
We rub shoulders with the most revered in academia and they add so much to our intellect capacity. There is so much gathered and this could exponentially be returned to sectors where we go and contribute.