Indian Institute of Management

Indian Institute of Management Management reviews

From joining IIMC to grassroot level research in World Bank sponsored Economic Evaluation of Market Development Project of agricultural non perishable commodities,it was a very much rewarding opportunity of publishing five research papers in Calcutta University journal from PG Economics Department, Department of Commerce & Management,an international journal as also a highly appreciated Bengali journal in Economics and Business Management published & run by Calcutta University & IIMC Facility Members.A published paper in ISSN journal was rewarded by official letter of appreciation from Paris Institute de biologist Physico Chimique group of Faculty members
Pros
Good food at subsidised
Cons
Flexible working hours but canteen not remained open after 5pm
Thank you for giving me an opportunity and learning experience. It is helpful for me to explore the discipline of Management and its subfields better.
Loved it. It was a very good experience. My dream to be a part of one of the Premium institutions of Management in India. I personally encourage every student to be a part of IIM's
Being a top Management institute, there is a big Miss-Management and there is no work balance and Job security. No salary benefits and advancement in a job cycle.
Indian Institute of Management is a premier management institute in India. The work environment is very balanced specifically in academics and research domains.
Pros
Green and pollution free campus
Cons
Long Hours
Work culture is very good. Management team is very good. Good environment. I can initiate my plans for better out put. From that I can control the expenditure.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
flexible working hours
Enjoy to work at IIM with well cultured and highly educated group of staff and students Job is in balanced good compensation with additional amount.Fully job security. Excellent management team. Well cultured job environment at IIM Ahmedabad.
Pros
Free to work indipandently with goal and free tea and coffee, regular annual free health check-up.
As I am an outsourced recruitment here, my only dissatisfaction is about the salary part, other than this one may find a very healthy and cooperative work culture by the management and may also find immense support from seniors colleagues and subordinates
Monday-Friday: Wake up (if you slept) around 8. 30–9 am and get ready for the classes. Classes from 9.15 am to 3.45pm. Each lecture of duration 1 hour 15 mins and 15 mins break between each lecture. 1 hour lunch break. Everyone has their own openion about classes but I think most of the faculties are amazing and has immense knowledge. From 3.45 till next day morning: Finish assignments if any, read case studies for tomorrows lecture, complete tasks given by placements and related committess(includes company presentations), work of your committee/interest group(if you are part of any) , prepare for tomorrows quiz if any and if there is some time left, have some sleep! (yes, sleep is a luxury in first term) Weekend: Placements related tasks(including company presentations) , committee/interest group work(if you are part of any), term projects for different subjects, play some sports(cricket/football/table tennis/ badminton/volley ball/ basket ball), social development project, case studies preparation, work on some competition if interested, visit awesome places nearby to get refreshed(strictly not for first term)
Pros
Best Management Institute in the country
Cons
Na
Learned adequate knowledge in MEP field Time management to complete the task and difficulty to tackle the pressure at the time of commissioning civil coordination was tough to maintain
Working as an intern at the best management institution in India has its perks. Work environment, ideas of people and how the professors motivated us to think in other dimensions as well. Very creative place indeed!
Pros
Best work place
I was at the Institute of Management, Ahmedabad as an Academic Associate in the area of Communications. It was a great learning place which strengthened my teaching foundation.
Enriches the knowledge of the subject you are assisting .... Very flexible and cooperative higher management. Eco friendly campus with good work culture
at Indian Institute of Management as name stands, an environment of working with top management people. learn and enhance my skill that gives me a bright future.
I learned a lot while working there. Co workers are cooperative. Management is very flexible. pay is less than your job responsibility.
Pros
flexible timing. provides transportation if needed.
Cons
some time long working hours with no extra pay.
Helped the professors in making course contents, presentations and all required teaching work and in research part. Learned a lot from professors and their workings. Management was very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
contractual job
I enjoyed my work here a lot because it's my alma mater and I am in constant touch with students here. So I never felt like an employee here.
Energetic and challenging Learned to be confident and communicate well and less stressful in dealing high pressure situations Management was excellent Co-workers was highly motivated and energetic and really fun to work with. Highly complicated software used in the evaluation of students' performance was the hardest part of the job International standard work culture.
Pros
fun times and free yoga classes
Cons
temporary nature of work and less monetary benefit
Productive workplace with supportive management. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people.
Meeting new people with new development programs was the part of job which pursed experience for me. New people,new culture and new experiences regarding human resource management.
Pros
Eco friendly campus
Cons
less salary package
Project activity monitoring, routine maintenance works, other proposed project estimation,tender work etc. How to manage work in time schedule management is very good co workers are cooperative and task oriented. Student demands with time limits Restoration work