Indian Institute of Management

Indian Institute of Management Pay & Benefits reviews

Social Entrepreneurship movement aimed at spreading literacy across rural areas.Learnt managing and communicating objectives, hard to explain objectives of the movement at times. Highly skilled and cooperative team members and guide who helped in defining a clear path and work stream. Analysis of impact and benefits of the program was the most enjoyable part of the program. Stressful work at times when deadlines for completion of reports approached. Very respectful work culture, flexible working hours and smooth implementation through coordination among members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long distance travels
Being a top Management institute, there is a big Miss-Management and there is no work balance and Job security. No salary benefits and advancement in a job cycle.
Work culture is very good. Management team is very good. Good environment. I can initiate my plans for better out put. From that I can control the expenditure.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
flexible working hours
I joined at IIMK as my 2nd institute but when I joined I felt like I could have joined here earlier, so that I could have learned a lot more than I had in real from the earlier employers. Only the working hours, pay structures and job security are the reasons for quitting the job.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Tight schedules to handle, highly versatile activities and responsibility at low payment
Enjoy to work at IIM with well cultured and highly educated group of staff and students Job is in balanced good compensation with additional amount.Fully job security. Excellent management team. Well cultured job environment at IIM Ahmedabad.
Pros
Free to work indipandently with goal and free tea and coffee, regular annual free health check-up.
I took this opportunity for the sole aim of getting good recommendations for a PhD program in the US, and to learn the ropes of conducting research in Finance. The professor I worked under was great and had a very good network.
Pros
Good as stepping stone to a US PhD
Cons
Low compensation, Opportunity cost
As I am an outsourced recruitment here, my only dissatisfaction is about the salary part, other than this one may find a very healthy and cooperative work culture by the management and may also find immense support from seniors colleagues and subordinates
Its a very good institute, but viewing for job perspective growth is stagnant and salary structure is very poor as well as minimum benefits are not given.
This is a nice learning experience, but is very low paying. But this can be a good job if your goal is to venture into academics later on in life. The work load varies, but the mental peace and job satisfaction is subjective.
Pros
Nice learning Experience
Cons
Low pay
Our work starts at 9.00 AM sharp there we have full freedom to work in our own style. The objective is explained and guidance for it is also provided but we have freedom to work so long objective is attained efficiently. All support facilities like computer, library etc is available. The salary is always distributed as per schedule. We have opportunities to pursue our sports etc.
Pros
Free library, subsidized mess
Cons
Its rare that we have to work beyond scheduled hours.
I learned a lot while working there. Co workers are cooperative. Management is very flexible. pay is less than your job responsibility.
Pros
flexible timing. provides transportation if needed.
Cons
some time long working hours with no extra pay.
Pathetic place for research. No respect of research or researchers. No research infrastructure in place. I didnot find any job related culture there.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no salary hike, no research infrastructure
IIM is one of the best school to study and work Really good staff with very good learning curve. There are really really good senior staff.
Meeting new people with new development programs was the part of job which pursed experience for me. New people,new culture and new experiences regarding human resource management.
Pros
Eco friendly campus
Cons
less salary package
attends classes of IT department courses, do paper valuation , keep track of all students related works.and all other academic related works. working environment is very comfortable.
Pros
flexible
Cons
salary is very less
A typical day at work involves interaction with faculty, staff and students inside the organization, and with people external to the organisation like parents, govt. officials and other clients. One should be techno-savvy and the institute gives excellent training to its staff to keep abreast of the latest technological development. Ideal platform to put into practice transaction analysis and role play-the OB management techniques. The administration and HR are lacking to match with the desired rate of professionalism demanded by a world renowned educational institution. And this is the hardest part of the job. . The informal culture developed by the founders, n number of platforms to interact with teachers, students, staff, and eminent personalities of national and international arena, the freedom for all to attend seminars, a very rich Library, motivation for the staff to study further and opportunities, though limited, to go up in the ladder are the most enjoyable part of the job. This apart, IIMA is an organization that contributes to social, cultural, health and environmental fields where staff is also given the opportunity to part-take. Best brainstorming every day.
Pros
Excelllent institution, best brains, high contribution to national and international economy.
Cons
complacency about achievement, average salary and high workload
Working condition is good.Better place to get experience.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Not permanent Job
- Organised - Learned to interact with different kind of people. - Management is very supportive - Job security and salary is hardest part. - The nature of the job itself is enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch, Mobile Allowance and good work culture.
Cons
Long hours and Late knight stay
*day to day activities * ITILprocess * good management *good co workers * less educated clients * new technology learning
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
24x7 shifts