Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

It was a great chilled environment, with fulfilling work and exposure to ample technical as well as interpersonal skills during the internship. Though the internship was conceived to be unpaid, I did receive rewarding compensation for my work as a token.
I work as a technical support person and responsible for providing tech support to students, staff, faculty members etc. Management and rest of the salary package is just ok, not meet my expectations so i want to move from here to new place where i could get better growth in my career.
I had done an internship in the Indian Institute of technology kanpur. The tool that I prepared helped me alot in learning the Unix and PHP language. I got the best mentorship there.
I joined IIT Kanpur as a visiting researcher. I had a great experience in learning new concepts and practical applications in the field of research and development. They do not have any time constraints, so if you are a workaholic, the place is for you.
* work pattern is research based approach * working time flexibility, but only one day leave a week (sunday) * internal work relations not so professional * If your PI is supportive then lot of things to learn and experiment in lab for research
Life in IIT Kanpur stands out in sharp contrast to anything that one may have seen before it and certainly almost anything that comes after it. I'll try to describe a holistic picture of everything related to it in a set of points, they are ordered according to what I considered was important for me. But this list will be incomplete, just because of the sheer variety of experiences you can have, it is really you that decide what experiences you are going to have, which ones you won't, which ones you'll pass.
Just excellent, even though it was just an Internship for me, it was very joyful and productive. How much you want to work depends upon you. Just excellent.
IIT Kanpur is one of the best IIT among all IITs in India. It is great place to learn new things. I enjoyed my stay in IIT Kanpur. It is having world-class research facilities.
Lots of things to learn, very good campus, very good hostels, everything inside campus, good faculties, bright students, friendly environment, overall very nice place to work and live
Learnt the basic research skills in materials engineering. The various cultural and technical in the institute events like the annual technical and cultural fest was the best part of the year.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Institute of Technology?
IIT Kanpur is one of the pioneer institutes of India. Here, one can get a good chance to interact with highly experienced and knowledgeful people. Along with Biological science dept, it has many other engineering streams in which quality research in the process.
Pros
Good food and well organised campus
Cons
Take long time than expectation.
A great learning experience to be working with some of the brightest minds in the country. Their is a huge focus on learning and development. Overall an excellent place to begin your career.
Pros
People, Team atmosphere, Work hours
Cons
Poor compensation
IIT Kanpur is a good place for academic education and theoretical research. In VLSI domain, the research is mainly focused on simulation and modelling of semiconductor devices.
It was a great learning experience and I hope to be able to work there again some time in the near future. Great work environment and great work ethics as far as academic research is concerned.
It was good to interact with the professors. I could learn the fundamentals which I could apply in my research, Overall it is one of the best places to work.
Nice work environment and new things to learn. The facilities available are great at low cost. People often start their studies here while working in job.
Works as a fuclty for big data/ hadoop / grid / python/ scala/ spark. Hbase/ mapreduce/ hive/ pig /oozie/ Flume/ sqoop/ zookeeper .. And all other related new technologies...
Management of R&D office of IIT Knapur is very supportive and our all officers guide us well in case of any confusion or doubt. There is nothing hard or typical because of the working culture in office and supportive behaviour of all colleague. We mostly enjoy the lunch with colleague when we use to come on non working day.
Pros
Free lunch, conveyance and honorarium.
Excellent learning institute. IIT Kanpur is an institute where I learnt alot without any pressure. Given full chance and cooperation to work and learn during my MCA.
It was fun whenever into research. It has excellent environment for research. Flexibility in schedule and access to internet are the important facilities provided here.
Pros
weekend off, flexibility in timings
Cons
salary
IIT Kanpur is a place where one can really learn and leverage the learning in securing future. There are R&D projects run under the supervision of professors from IIT Kanpur and hence it gives great opportunity for learning.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Salary