Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Kharagpur, West Bengal

@ Farm Management @ Research Trials of precision farming technologies @ Frontline demonstration to farmers and officers @ Organising seminars, conferences, presentations@ Report preparations
The institute contains many well educated PhD professors who help you in the tasks and get you to understand the concepts clearly. They make sure you get the best experience and knowledge out of the internship.
Work is research oriented and very difficult to maintain work life balance, payment problem are a common issue. Lot to learn when working here, this not a 9 to 5 job.
Pros
New thing to experiment with.
Cons
Very long hours.
I am fortunate to work at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. The campus environment is very relaxing and the departments are calm collaborative and energetic. I got the opportunity to learn many technologies by doing interesting projects. I am positive that my experiences will help me to strengthen my future career.
horrible experience. Professors just exploit students for their benefit. It looks quite impressive and showy from outside but the environment is quite filthy.
Good place for an independent researcher. Institute management will not encourage research funding. They want research output without giving any funding.
it was a part of my final year project, very knowledgeable people, a great experience, no accommodation, good lab facilities, good resources, good guide
IIT Kharagpur is a coolplace. I did my PhD from IIT Kharagpur. It has a good workplace culture. It is a bit farr-off from city life. However, it is a well ranked research institute in India.
I have learnt their how to teach your juniors in best way. The management of whole class room of B. Tech students. Deliver your skills to next person without any hesitantion. The management of personal and professional life.
The best part of the internship was the learning experience. You get to learn a lot of new stuff and you can explore your options. You have to do everything yourself which is both a good and a bad thing.
During internship the top focus would be completion of project given to you in the specified time. All hardware and software requirements would be met by the institute.
learning environment with fantastic scope for innovative technological ideas and implementing them in a conducive environment. reserch oriented approach and high level of technical involvement and learning.
Without work, there is nothing inside or around the campus except the campus life. Numbers of food stores in and around the campus, that the other thing you can enjoy. Have to work hard everyday. Few guides are extremely well behaving and few are worst. Before joining, ensure your preference.
Its a great place and Life is great. The ambience is great. the classes are really enjoyable and deeply oriented towards learning. Other amenities are ok and sports is good
There are better ways to make career than to waste one's life in this place. Don't be fooled by a handful of examples, the crowd inside is much more than that. The % ratio of such examples is below 2% of total strength. But, still they manipulate and boast it as groundbreaking success.
Pros
Govt. Institute, age old tag
Cons
nothing as expected, just hollow shell
Excellent academic culture with great opportunity to expand research aptitude and productivity. Good place to practice time management, punctuality and systematic work.
Pros
Professional freedom
Cons
limited personal life
IIT Kharagpur is the best institution in India. Sci. depts (Chem, Math, Phys) and also eng. depts are well organized for teaching as well as research.
Pros
Good Infrastructure, Good canteens, library, large campus, etc.
Cons
Placements
I have gathered knowledge from my previous laboratory on different site of organic chemistry and want to explore my work into practical world especially on green chemistry.
Best place to learn in India. Least pressure so that work can be done efficiently. Nice Work/Life Balance. Workplace culture is awesome. Hardest part: During End sems.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is one of the most pioneer technology university of India. It has its own identity and it gives the students best facility to make them enriched by knowledge and discipline.
It was delighted to be there in IIT as a Master student. IIT s are like collection of young minds doing there research and other academic stuffs. I have enjoyed a lot during the second year of M.tech in fact it was a complete on year research project. I came across with many people in various disciplinary to solve the research problems and all. Along with that we enjoyed the campus having night outs with friends