Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Good environment.we can get good exposure.Green ambience will make you to work with pleasant atmosphere and everything is available inside the campus.
Good health benefits -Friendly and helpful employees/management -Slow paced field training with other techs. Beautiful city to enjoy and fairly well professors.
Assist in teaching and research and other work as assigned by the institute. Perform invigilation during exams and quizzes Evaluate exam answer sheets.
Indan Institute of Technology is the best research oriented institute specially for combustion research in India. National center for combination research and development has one of most advanced facilities for experiment and computation.
Gate qualified students are capable of earning a monthly stipend of Rs.12400/- per month. One of the best and cleanest institutions in India and enhancing a lot of students to achieve their goals.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is the excellent place for academics and research. IITM provides all the facilities for each person living inside teh campus.
IIT Bombay is one of the top technical institutes in India. During my masters degree, I was working as the teaching assistant. Learnt a lot from both technical perspective and the leadership perspectives.
A very different place from outside and inside in the sense that when you are out you just want to get in and have a taste of india's best engineering institute. And when you are in, its not that different from the other institutes in india.
it is one of the best research institute in India. it has a green campus, with very beautiful gardens and sports clubs. It also has the hospital inside the campus, which is fully free for the students.
Time was easily manageable between studying/attending classes, and working for assistant-ship. The assistant-ship was managed in such a way that each student had enough time to focus on his daily activities other than classes and homework.
The most enjoyable campus and very purposeful projects. The freedom of work hours and guidance. very supportive faculty. the campus is clean and peaceful
TAship at IIT Madras is fun. Also, comes with a generous allowance. Workload is decent. About 8 hours a week. Some courses may have extra work such as making slides etc.
Teaching assistants are required to work for eight hours a week for getting MHRD sponsored stipend of 12,400 Rs. per month. Have to take tutorial classes, make and grade assignments.
involved project discussions, Provided guidance to all B Tech students in their lab work. learned different languages like c ,c++& java, Got exposure to cloud technologies. worked on different operating systems like Linux, windows and Ubuntu,
Best place to learn in India. Least pressure so that work can be done efficiently. Nice Work/Life Balance. Workplace culture is awesome. Hardest part: During End sems.
i worked as a tutor for one of the faculty in civil engineering department. we learned to manage the labs, given assistance to assigned faculty and time management.
Pros
top level faculty and resources
Cons
One of the best institutes for research in India. If you get a chance to enter the institute don't miss on research but also find time to best utilise for overall development of your personality.
Great time in my life, I mean got to learn more on the subject of my interest. Got a chance to teach undergraduate students and in turn I added up myself with different skills in the process of teaching them.
I was a TA at IIT Guwahati. The professors under whom I served were all extremely supportive and understanding. They never put too much work on my shoulders, and listened when I complained about workload. Students were normally from the first 2 years of undergrads, very eager to learn and asked interesting questions. Being a teacher to IIT undergrads is not easy, and having that experience under my belt will definitely be helpful in future.
Pros
No pressure.
Cons
Sometimes it used to come in the way of my regular classes and hence, needed to make some compromises.
Managing the course and teaching lab practicals to the student. As this was part time assistant-ship duty, not much work load was there. Sometime has to work on Saturday and Sunday for preparing the tutorial handouts.
Good work culture Good working environment Technology intensive Great work place Swimming pools Good roads On campus facilities are great
Pros
one of best institiute