Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews

A disiplined organisation with high professional approach. Training establishments were well equiped and instructors well experienced.Was able to opearate marine machinary in high seas.Learnt to sail and survive in high seas.
It is always a pride serving a nation. Receiving awards for the contribution is a feather on a hat. Work life balance is little low but, family is well protected and taken well care of in our absense.
Pros
National service
Cons
Family life
It's my pleasure to serve my country. Performed many duties including Administration, Purchasing, Contracts, Budgeting, Security. Its a lifetime experience.
I always said, join the Navy and see the world through your eyes. A wonderful experience. Navy give me a pride and respectful service towards my Nations.
Be pantual,trustworthy,in time,job on time I learned from service.Manage all the related stores, manpower,safety and securityFriendly workplace cultureDoing task assigned by seniors with our course-mates
Pros
Free fooding, Accomodation (for family), Children education allowance, Canteen, Hospital, Transport allowance, Etc
Cons
Long hours with compensation on next day
I have served in so many units of Indian Navy like In war ships , Army head quarter and training base. I have visited during my services about 26 countries as good will visit.
Indian Navy gives you an ocean of opportunities to explore experienced and get it mastered on world-class technology. It provides you with a very good platform to learn and showcase all your abilities and talent. IT gives you a platform not only to improve your skills but helps in developing confidence and patriotism towards the holy motherland. it's an immense experience I can say every Indian must go through if given an opportunity. I am proud to be a part of it and have served the nation for 15 good years. Jai Hind !!
One has to be a self-learner in the Indian Navy when it comes to career advancement as there is nothing of that sort is taught. The training one receives is adequate enough to perform tasks expected from an employee. As most sailors retire very young (32 - 35 years) they need to be prepared to resettle in civilian life. But the Navy lacks any training program to prepare its outgoing sailors. In fact, the certificate/s provided at the end of the tenure is not suitable for the corporate environment. This becomes particularly difficult when applying for overseas jobs.
Pros
Possible to join at a young age
Cons
Chances of promotion after certain rank and extension of service are challenges
As defence services are known to be difficult and stressful at all the time. No working time is fixed even for a single day. Life at sea is challenging. No job security, no family life Good things Had opportunity to visit so many countries on government expenses It's feels pride when in uniform Physical fitness always maintained dueservice
Proud to be a part of our Armed Forces and serving our Nation at High Seas. Served at various units at different levels. Being a part of organising team participated in national events viz IDP, RDP and IFR celebrations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Navy?
While serving the nation being the part of Indian Armed Forces and Indian Navy, It was an emmense satisfaction. While Navy trains us to take up responsibility, the job assigned gives us deep thought and meticulous planning for accomplishment. This is how we all grow up in the Forces and the system prepared us to take care of any situation that comes in our way.
What better than serving the country, it was a privilege, it was the best experience of my life, the navy cares for you and gives you much more than what you deserve.
worked 15 years in Indian navy. have worked in Executive Operations, Administrative, security, liaison and logistics management. I have learned to organize work/ liaison with different communities, state people to work comprehensively towards achieving goal.
Job satisfaction with the opportunity to work in diversified fields and diverse teams. It allows the person to train in the best possible manner and provide the opportunity to grow professionally as well as personally.
If u are willing to serve nation then only join indian navy. Its a military organisation. Best option to serve india. Here, service before self. Jai hind
Indian Navy has made me a competent Naval Education/ Specialised Meteorological Officer with ten years of diverse experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities in the domains of operations, project management and supply chain management. A Self-motivated with very high attention to detail . An officer with good communication skills to interact with and convey structured instructions to high-level business stakeholders. A ‘never say die’ attitude, optimism, exuberance and a constant zeal to learn are her key attributes.
Feeling proud for serving the nation. I'll continue this process in other ways after this. Learnt lot of things in this time period. Built up confidence level that i can do anything and any where.
Thank you very much. It was great pleasure to join Indian Navy. We loved it and the Navy has given us lot of opportunities to fulfill our next inning.
A place of more stress and hard workmanship, diurnal environment and food supplied is worse of all. The most enjoyable part of life there is weekly cinemas. What I learned the most is good team work and managing day to day routine.
It's pride to serve for Nation.. A work culture of perfect Discipline . U learn to work as a Team. A complete transformation of Attitude towards life.. complete security of job with added benefits. A
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Nice job for adventure lovers, Work and family balance is very poor. Very stressed work culture. Working hours are becoming longer. ẞssssdsssssdddsddddd
  1. Employee Reviews