Indian Navy logo
Indian Navy

Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Review

A military service

As a defense service, always gave a inner sanctification and courage to face any situation boldly. Molded me into a complete man with variety of skills and immeasurable energy level at all time.

Pros

learning

Cons

work life balance

Same location

Really challenging environment even during peacetime.

I joined Indian Navy as an Artificer Apprentice. It is a 4 year training program. Seniors played crucial role in grooming the new recruits as per the highest traditions of artificers. This has resulted in developing highly skilled professionals who proved to be real assets both in Indian Navy and all walks of civil life. All other branches in Indian Navy look at Artificers with envy. The apprentice setup helps in developing top class sportsmen and professionals in this branch. Electrical,Mechanical and Hull Artificers are in the three main branches. From Electrical Artificers again aviation and submarine branches are formed. Similarly from Mechanical aviation and Submarine are sub branches. Hull Artificers deal with the ship body repairs and immediate repairs during damage caused. There are lot of opportunities to learn advanced aircraft system and to be move around nationally and internationally. The remuneration received for sea service was felt to be very low when compared to their counterparts in shipping. However overall it was a unique experience.

Pros

Free food and accommodation.

Cons

Sailing on board a war ship during monsoon season is very difficult.
Same location

Proud to serve my country

It's my pleasure to serve my country. Performed many duties including Administration, Purchasing, Contracts, Budgeting, Security. Its a lifetime experience.

Excellent joB

What better than serving the country, it was a privilege, it was the best experience of my life, the navy cares for you and gives you much more than what you deserve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6