Indian Navy
Indian Navy Employee Review

Tough life

January 2, 2019
Duties assigned in Indian Navy are very responsible and a hard if compare to others. The hardest part of the job is working hours and the most enjoyable part is positive working atmosphere
November 12, 2014
Same role
AIRCRAFT HANDLER, FIRE FIGHTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) - Kochi, KL
With the ever-growing flying operations at it's peak, the Naval Aviation sector helped me to improve my time managerial skills keeping my educational pursuits compatible with my job, inter-faced with family domestic requirements at my home, all in all as a challenge to cope up with any exigency the service would provide. The need to properly place all requirements of service as well as my domestic requirements in a perfect time frame was the one thing that gave me satisfaction. Now, I have come to a stage where all time stresses of any company would have no affect on my enthusiasm to work.
Pros
All military benefits like free medical facilities and Defence Canteen services
Cons
Pay-Scale did not match the output rendered as the salary is Govt-sectored.
November 25, 2012
Same roleSame location
Aircraft Handler (Former Employee) - Kochi,Goa, Vizag Airport
very nice to work,a bit of enjoyment,sailing is too good at ships
Pros
canteen facility, free hospitality
February 15, 2021
Same location
Master Chief Electrical Aircraft Artificer (Former Employee) - Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
I joined Indian Navy as an Artificer Apprentice. It is a 4 year training program. Seniors played crucial role in grooming the new recruits as per the highest traditions of artificers. This has resulted in developing highly skilled professionals who proved to be real assets both in Indian Navy and all walks of civil life. All other branches in Indian Navy look at Artificers with envy. The apprentice setup helps in developing top class sportsmen and professionals in this branch. Electrical,Mechanical and Hull Artificers are in the three main branches. From Electrical Artificers again aviation and submarine branches are formed. Similarly from Mechanical aviation and Submarine are sub branches. Hull Artificers deal with the ship body repairs and immediate repairs during damage caused. There are lot of opportunities to learn advanced aircraft system and to be move around nationally and internationally. The remuneration received for sea service was felt to be very low when compared to their counterparts in shipping. However overall it was a unique experience.
Pros
Free food and accommodation.
Cons
Sailing on board a war ship during monsoon season is very difficult.