Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews

India510 reviews

you will learn lessons of life here and a life of soldier.

good opportunities you will get if you want to do something ahead. you will face different kind of people around you and you will learn how to deal with them.

Honour

It is honour to work with such a huge institution, which not only gives you a salary for livelihood, but more than that respect in society. It feel proud to wear uniform and walk.

Pros

Brotherhood

Cons

Leave

Indian Navy insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Facilities as per job is not enough

I am feeling proud that I got a chance to serve Indian Navy But the management and facilities were given is very low as per work and unsuitable lifeJai Hind

excellent work environment

working in indian navy as a sailor is not good job but yeah feel proud to serve the nation .and the salary of sailor is not good. if you are from rich background then don't join

Pros

free ration, accommodation

Cons

24×7 duty

Exemplary service

A highly motivated organisation serving for country and always a challenging environment which help us bring out our best efforts in every situation. Overall a best team who always take good care & look after other team member.

Pros

Its proud to serve for our country moreover Great work life balance

Cons

There is No cons

Good and challenging

It's a great platform to serve for nation as well as built up ur carrier. Its a excellent armed force having good management, timely response, discipline and workmanship. Jai hind

Pros

Excellent work culture

Cons

Out of state job

Productive, always we learn something new

We learn many things which are multidimensional and multidisciplinary throughout our career and able to manage challenging tasks in a better way. Good facilities available for families and children as well.

Pros

Amenities and security

Cons

Long hours and adverse conditions some times

Instils sense of Pride like no other job

When I got selected in the Indian Navy through campus interview, initially, followed by an extremely rigorous procedure, probably more elaborate and more complete than any other Service/ company, the sense of pride of having made the grade itself made me change my mind from either going to US for higher studies (already had an admission in one of the universities) or take up a job in a large Indian Steelmaking company. And after 31 years in this Service, I would say that it was one of the most perfect decisions ever made by me in my entire life. The opportunities that Indian Navy provides to its men and officers are simply un-matched. The sophisticated equipment that one is entrusted with right from the beginning of ones career and the amount of physical, academic and practical training that goes into making one capable of handling ones men and materiel with elan and responsibility is what instils the confidence and pride in every Naval officer.

Pros

Great training, given higher responsibilities from young age, turns everyone into a great teammate

Cons

None really

Challenging assignments with wide exposure

A challenging career with vast exposure of various duties and responsibilities in subsequent posting during the service. One gets opportunity to visit many countries during good will visits of warship. Three dimensional service I.e surface, air and underwater.

Pros

High regards in society

Cons

Disturbed family life at times

Military Service

The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. It safeguard the nation's maritime borders, and in conjunction with other Armed Forces of the union, act to deter or defeat any threats or aggression against the territory, people or maritime interests of India, both in war and peace. It provides a very diversified work atmosphere as it operates in in all three dimensions i.e. Water (surface as well as under water), Land and Air. I learned a lot during my service in Indian Navy and what ever I am today is because of Indian Navy. I am really thankful and grateful to the organization.

Challenging

It's a difficult and challenging place to work. One can be posted anywhere in the world. Though the journey would be adventurous and roller coaster ride, the bonhomie and help from teammates makes it a fun place to work

Pros

Adequate support and facilities for family

Cons

Work life balance

Be a proud to serve for country

Indian Navy is a very good service for the youngers. You feel energetic and proud to serve the country. You will see many other countries while serving the Indian Navy.

Pros

Free lunch and Medical facilities

Cons

Charming life

Its a way of LIFE

Most rewarding and satisfying. Update with technologies and you can do wonders for self and the country. Just join Indian Navy. Its the place for every one who dares

Pros

Full freedom. Flexible hours. Well work life balance

Cons

Nil

It is job of defence, and to develop ones talent.

Indian Navy is a government body a wing of defence. My experience in work was very nice in Indian Navy. The job of pride as service to the nation. It develops patriotism and sacrifice for the nation.

Pros

Free Meal, Free clothing, Free traveling, Defence canteen facilities, etc.

Cons

24 hrs Duty

Adventurous job and secure job with pension

I joined as a sailor in 1973 ,I had 10 years engagement after training ,.I was very young ,had no idea about future planning .I left after ten years ,it was a mistake .I suggest that who so ever join either improve higher qualification during service if he wish to leave after 15 years and or continue service till gets honorary rank..

Cons

24 hours duty, you are soldier bound to defend country..

Proud of Nation

Must be chosen as a career.It is not a job ,it is service to the nation.While serving for the nation you build your career as well.And you are proud to be an Indian soldier.

Work life balance

The camaraderie and work life balance., the respect of the position, the patriotic ethos, and opportunities gallore!The managers always looked out for the young officers and brought out the best in them.

Really challenging environment even during peacetime.

I joined Indian Navy as an Artificer Apprentice. It is a 4 year training program. Seniors played crucial role in grooming the new recruits as per the highest traditions of artificers. This has resulted in developing highly skilled professionals who proved to be real assets both in Indian Navy and all walks of civil life. All other branches in Indian Navy look at Artificers with envy. The apprentice setup helps in developing top class sportsmen and professionals in this branch. Electrical,Mechanical and Hull Artificers are in the three main branches. From Electrical Artificers again aviation and submarine branches are formed. Similarly from Mechanical aviation and Submarine are sub branches. Hull Artificers deal with the ship body repairs and immediate repairs during damage caused. There are lot of opportunities to learn advanced aircraft system and to be move around nationally and internationally. The remuneration received for sea service was felt to be very low when compared to their counterparts in shipping. However overall it was a unique experience.

Pros

Free food and accommodation.

Cons

Sailing on board a war ship during monsoon season is very difficult.

Very giid

Good experience to serve for nation, good adventure life at sea, good opportunity to develop your personality and attitude. Very well organized and displine life with Indian Navy.

Productive and exciting workplace

Meant for strong willed, hard working, secular and professional individuals. The life is hard where you could go without a weekend for a month, spend frequent time at sea away from young family members, yet its a life of satisfaction, all round grooming and adventure, especially if in the executive departments

Pros

Excellent training, adventurous, proud life, excellent facilities, free medical cover for entire life

Cons

Frequent seperation from family, moderate salary growth, early retirement age, have to learn new skills around 45-50 yrs age for new career post retirement

Challemging as younger. Learnt disipline in all angles.

A disiplined organisation with high professional approach. Training establishments were well equiped and instructors well experienced.Was able to opearate marine machinary in high seas.Learnt to sail and survive in high seas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indian Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Indian Navy with