Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews in Kochi, Kerala

Meant for strong willed, hard working, secular and professional individuals. The life is hard where you could go without a weekend for a month, spend frequent time at sea away from young family members, yet its a life of satisfaction, all round grooming and adventure, especially if in the executive departments
Pros
Excellent training, adventurous, proud life, excellent facilities, free medical cover for entire life
Cons
Frequent seperation from family, moderate salary growth, early retirement age, have to learn new skills around 45-50 yrs age for new career post retirement
Excellent Job. Great opportunity to learn and perform. Challenging Tasks. Excellent personal life style. Several amenities and facilities. Good leadership and management. Service to nation.
I had spent a fruitful period of time in Indian Navy, which taught me to work and live efficiently in all circumstances at any part of the world. I would to like to perform my abilities, i gained from books and experience in my forthcoming endeavours to produce better result where ever I work.
Indian Navy once joined will mould you to a new person, who is capable of 1.facing any challenge without fear. 2. Winning any adverse situations with self confidence. 3. Offer himself before nation without a second thought. 4. Mastering the necessity of team work. 5. Understanding the nature of work and duty specification with planned training curriculum and job orientations.
Management and service at its best. Every individual will get chance to see the world in a different perspective. Working on board ships are equally challenging and inspiring.
Pros
Professional, Service, Pride
Cons
No Cons
Team work Healthy environment Medical facilities Sufficient Leave Reasonable Pay and Perks Chance to visit foreign countries Extended working hours
I have learnt a lot of things during my tenure in Indian Navy, Defence Forces. Especially very confidence and positive attitude with ability to work until my goal or job completion, that too in any stress.
Working in Indian navy requires a person to be mentally and physically fit. Work environment is quite supportive and love to work in engineering department. Also it gives u immense opportunities to work in diverse fields like operation , management, facilities, project management etc.
Pros
Job security
Cons
long working hours
Working as a sailor from 2002 and going to retire on july 2017.becouse of my retirement i am searching for a new job.got enough tough and good experience from Navy.
Working in Indian Navy was one of Best Experience in life .Amazing workplace with excellent Management . Loved every moments serving in Indian Navy at different location .
Pros
No Demands
Cons
No Demands
a typical day at work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free time
Cons
Normal
One cant get such exploration in any of job as military persons experiance during service. This make me confident and bold enough to say that I can do any type of job if properly trained and can perform well even under pressure
Pros
Its a long list
It is a very good Military Organisation under Ministry of Defence in India.It has good working culture and military bearings. A very good organisation to work.
in this firm i am worked in Symantec antivirus installation and supporting to that work. this work place is the indian military offices we all are full support to that navy officers.
Pros
support
Cons
time
Best place for expansion of career and lots of opportunities . The relations between colleagues are good and has a good relationship between superiors and subordinates
as per my job i can give maximium output with in required time we can manage in sort of situation thats all i can tell as per firm requiremnts we full fill
Cons
finish and securie there is no time limatiation
A great adventurous job. but little far from our home. so sometimes it becomes difficult to meet our family issues. rest all things are excellent in this field.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fixed working hours. in emergency may be extended more
Thouhgh it was a defence organisation, I cannot share everything, but what I can say that I enjoyed it with full esteem and jeal
Cons
With the ever-growing flying operations at it's peak, the Naval Aviation sector helped me to improve my time managerial skills keeping my educational pursuits compatible with my job, inter-faced with family domestic requirements at my home, all in all as a challenge to cope up with any exigency the service would provide. The need to properly place all requirements of service as well as my domestic requirements in a perfect time frame was the one thing that gave me satisfaction. Now, I have come to a stage where all time stresses of any company would have no affect on my enthusiasm to work.
Pros
All military benefits like free medical facilities and Defence Canteen services
Cons
Pay-Scale did not match the output rendered as the salary is Govt-sectored.
Basic training how to work in difficulties good to manage when no man power good i didnt found all the time
Indian Navy is continue to groom young raw recruits to a good citizen with lot of experience in different fields