Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews in Mumbai, Maharashtra

Good experience to serve for nation, good adventure life at sea, good opportunity to develop your personality and attitude. Very well organized and displine life with Indian Navy.
A disiplined organisation with high professional approach. Training establishments were well equiped and instructors well experienced.Was able to opearate marine machinary in high seas.Learnt to sail and survive in high seas.
It is always a pride serving a nation. Receiving awards for the contribution is a feather on a hat. Work life balance is little low but, family is well protected and taken well care of in our absense.
Pros
National service
Cons
Family life
I always said, join the Navy and see the world through your eyes. A wonderful experience. Navy give me a pride and respectful service towards my Nations.
Be pantual,trustworthy,in time,job on time I learned from service.Manage all the related stores, manpower,safety and securityFriendly workplace cultureDoing task assigned by seniors with our course-mates
Pros
Free fooding, Accomodation (for family), Children education allowance, Canteen, Hospital, Transport allowance, Etc
Cons
Long hours with compensation on next day
I have served in so many units of Indian Navy like In war ships , Army head quarter and training base. I have visited during my services about 26 countries as good will visit.
One has to be a self-learner in the Indian Navy when it comes to career advancement as there is nothing of that sort is taught. The training one receives is adequate enough to perform tasks expected from an employee. As most sailors retire very young (32 - 35 years) they need to be prepared to resettle in civilian life. But the Navy lacks any training program to prepare its outgoing sailors. In fact, the certificate/s provided at the end of the tenure is not suitable for the corporate environment. This becomes particularly difficult when applying for overseas jobs.
Pros
Possible to join at a young age
Cons
Chances of promotion after certain rank and extension of service are challenges
As defence services are known to be difficult and stressful at all the time. No working time is fixed even for a single day. Life at sea is challenging. No job security, no family life Good things Had opportunity to visit so many countries on government expenses It's feels pride when in uniform Physical fitness always maintained dueservice
While serving the nation being the part of Indian Armed Forces and Indian Navy, It was an emmense satisfaction. While Navy trains us to take up responsibility, the job assigned gives us deep thought and meticulous planning for accomplishment. This is how we all grow up in the Forces and the system prepared us to take care of any situation that comes in our way.
worked 15 years in Indian navy. have worked in Executive Operations, Administrative, security, liaison and logistics management. I have learned to organize work/ liaison with different communities, state people to work comprehensively towards achieving goal.
Job satisfaction with the opportunity to work in diversified fields and diverse teams. It allows the person to train in the best possible manner and provide the opportunity to grow professionally as well as personally.
It's pride to serve for Nation.. A work culture of perfect Discipline . U learn to work as a Team. A complete transformation of Attitude towards life.. complete security of job with added benefits. A
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Every where one has to work. Let us work for nation and be proud of it. After initial bond, one deserves the pension which will in turn support through out the remaining carrier. What I am today is moulded by Indian Navy, I respect it from the depth of my heart. Jai hind.
Indian Navy such a good job. you feel courage. Join the Navy see the world. great opportunity Free meal Free traveling Free home Free medical treatment
job is challenging and proactiveness is required and young and dynamic candidates are required young candidates are required below 20 years they can serve the nation in better way.
Good and full of adventures A nice organization to serve with for safeguarding our country, from sea borne threats. Various professional team are there ti manage the overall team work
Vast exposure in ship repairs, fire and safety, Administration and Management, planning and forecasting, contacting various embassies for passage of ships.
It is a very wide experience in life and work culture. Very adventurous activities involved there is no work repeat felt.I always advised to all youths to have join in any armed forces like navy to survive in future.
good
Cons
nice
Job at the Indian Navy is amazing in the sense that you get the opportunity to meet people of different regions, strata, religions. The most I loved was the brotherhood of colleagues.
very good and professional. most excited and enjoyable place to work all over India. good work place and most exciting place to work in multi cultural environment.
I worked in Indian Navy as a Data entry operator and accountant. As a Data entry operator I learn how to feed data with speed and accuracy, filing work, fax, mails etc. And as a accountant I learnt how to prepare Profit & loss account, Balance sheet, doing audit in every quarter and maintain all types of registrars. Handing calls, preparing payment for employees & tenders. Write correspondence related with ships, department, doing admin jobs, collecting rents, Library jobs etc.