Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews in Mumbai, Maharashtra

Indian Navy is a government body a wing of defence. My experience in work was very nice in Indian Navy. The job of pride as service to the nation. It develops patriotism and sacrifice for the nation.
Pros
Free Meal, Free clothing, Free traveling, Defence canteen facilities, etc.
Cons
24 hrs Duty
It was a Govenment job with all the benefits one can think in those days about45 years back.It taught me the table manners. Got different types of training . Gunnery, Communication, Torpedo antisubmarine and various other trainings in Naval Acadamy for two years.
Pros
Enormas benefits including first class travel etc.
Cons
In case of war you got to be ready for extremes.
I have loved every second working in the Navy serving my country. I have served with some of the best in the cadre and had the opportunity to be a part of a few humanitarian operations. Overall it was a good tenure.
It is a part of armed forces. I have been part of the engineering team and I have worked on systems and equipment of ships and submarines. It is a disciplined job
As mentioned above. An force with intelligent man power. Give experience in various fields and train the sailor for various condition accordingly to their trades.
Pros
Honourful job
Cons
Staying away from family, less accommodation facility
This is the organization where one can serve hoti 57 years of age. Initial engagement is for 15 years. Recommended to continue with study and serve dedicatedly for 15 years and leave as per your convenience.
Maintaing on board electrical equipment , challenge to meet the dead lines to finish the job in time under very pressure tight situations Exposure to international equipment and technology Oppurtunity to develop and implement induvidual ideas appreciation and encouragement for the good job done regular promotion based upon the performance Additional support courses in management in leader ship All facilities to support family and maintain the social status Developing a work culture and mind to work with all as a team member Leave and leave payments with proper regulations
Good environment, job security, every minute learning platform, good work culture, multi tasking job. Mentally tough and challenging with new opportunities
Good life motivation, lot of things to learn about life, making good disciplined, working culture is very good, good challenges, good platform to build a good personality
A great place to learn, experiment and take challenges head on. One handles a varied portfolios every 2-3 years. The environment created along with culture is very disciplined as well as demanding. However, the welfare measures are commensurate to the demand of service. Overall a great organization to serve with involvement of pride.
Pros
A pride to serve the nation
Cons
Demanding and stressful
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Navy?
I enjoyed a lot working in Indian Navy.Navy gave me path to my career.I traveled all over India and worked with the people of different region. I learnt about culture and tradition of different state.
A place to work very proudly and it is a very challenging job to work at sea. Encouraging environment and it is the hardest part of the job. Indian Navy a workplace where people find pride to work . The most enjoyable job of my life.
Working in Indian armed forces is a pride.I had serve in Indian Naval Academy, Naval engineering college and various ships. Ultimately I had job security and security of my family too.It was a great experience in White Uniform.
Pros
Safety and security of family
Cons
Frequent transfers
The Indian Navyis a technology-driven force with its ships and submarine fitted with cutting edge equipment.As a Technical Junior Commissioned Officer, opportunities existsto work with advanced Engineering Equipment. In addition, huge opportunities exist to work in Repair Yards, Maintenance Units, Design Units and Production organizations.
Pros
Full security
Somedays are hard and some are normal . Depending on the workload n necessity. But great pleasure in work.i learned a great lesson that when you finished your work, at the end of the day u dont have any reason to regret for not making your day special.everything is organised but at some place you hv to manage urself for better results in work.
The best among the Indian armed forces it takes the immense care n training in moulding its men to become the best fighter and leader in any sphere of life.Always owed to Indian Navy for making me the best human being and nurturing the leadership qualities in me. Shano Varuna.
Depending on the mission, a deployed Navy group of ships features embarked Marine Corps infantry and aircraft as well as submarines and Navy aircraft carriers. Most Navy deployments feature high states of activity where intense at-sea warfare training is accomplished.
Excellent all Discipline. Whatever I am today due to Indian Navy only. Bravo Zulu. In my opinion everyone should join Armed forces for at least 5 years.
Excellent exposure to the highly sophisticated equipment and machinery, extremely disciplined force. Navy train their men multi dimensional, ie professional, military leadership, management, basic firefighting and damage control, weapon firing( small arms) Military drills etc. Professional training is extremely good with maximum emphasis on practical.Maintenance and operation on Main propulsion, generators, ACs, control systems, hydraulic systems of very high capacity.
Pros
good pay and perks, job satisfaction
Cons
very less family life
Working in the defence forces will make anyone a perfect gentleman who will be capable of facing any challenging situation at anytime. Overall it's very adventurous and fine tuned service
One of the finest organisation of India Armed Forces, this is the only three dimensional Force of the military services which can fight on land in Air and At Sea.