Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews in Mumbai, Maharashtra

Indian Navy is a government body a wing of defence. My experience in work was very nice in Indian Navy. The job of pride as service to the nation. It develops patriotism and sacrifice for the nation.
Pros
Free Meal, Free clothing, Free traveling, Defence canteen facilities, etc.
Cons
24 hrs Duty
learned a lot from the last organisation as well asexperience fromthe seniors of thedepartment. it gave me a skilled experience and a strong built for mentally as well physically determind
I have gained a lots of experience and freeness while working. I worked at many places and enjoyed very much there and many friends there. I would recommend the job to all refreshers
im thankful to indian navy for a such a great platform to learn and impart a knowlegable impact on my life.in navy i learned alot about leadership sports culture and management. the hardest part of job was away from everything whether social life n family. most enjoyable part was to complete the task n see the world.
Pros
facilities like canteen medical etc
Cons
social fredoom
A great place to work.Good management and immense of opportunities to learn things.Productive and fun work place.Gives confidence needed to face toughest leadership challenges.
Indian navy was foundational to my growth and experience in Maintenance process and people. Great people at work consistent delivery of standards . Best place to begin work.
Pros
Standard compliance
Cons
Very Rigid execution
For many people, the greatest attraction of a career in the Indian Navy is the variety or opportunities to make you career challenging. You can face the challenges and develop methods to exploit the full potential in you. A job in the Navy offers you a chance to exploit your true potential as a professional – by learning new skills, acquiring unrivalled experience in the process of applying those skills, and making the most of Navy advancement.
Management is poor peer pressure of unwanted things improve passions. Learned hard work and dedication growth is very less limited salery even if u work beyond time..less apriciation by Senior even if all done great
Pros
Unwanted pressure of disciplines
Cons
Unknown flexible decision to follow without view or argument
A perfect place to be in the prime of the age of an individual. It opens doors to one which are unthinkable and mind blowing. It is well regimented and disciplined, hence may not be for all, but those cut for it are the toughest.
I will retire on Jan 2018, nice work culture here but I want to go abroad and work there. Indian Navy was give me high quality experience and much better technology experience.
Indian Navy a government sector. a highly desciplined defence force. a very good learning experience. one can learn many things from discipline to duty and the real way of life..
Indian Navy provides a good opportunity for work.The salary packages and other benefits are good.The work culture of Indian Navy is so tough and surviving here is very much difficult.
Pros
Good salary packages and other benefits
Cons
No social and family life
The work culture is so conducive for learning new skills and the cultural variety makes the work place such a fun place to be with. Every day is a memorable event which gets registered in your mind forever.
Pros
adventurous life, cross cultural interaction
Cons
work life balance and uncertainty in plans
Develops the mental toughness, builds your physical agility and shapes the bright future of the soldier. One of the finest service to work for in the modern arena.
Started my career as an engineering mechanic.....after putting in 15 years of experience onboard various ships an shore establishment now I am confident in managing and supervising all jobs related to ships engineering...I can manage and supervise fire fighting,damage control and all issues related to security
Exposure to latest defence technologies,disater management,security management,fire & safety management,environment & health safety management, multi ethnical culture,team works,sports & handsome pay and allowances are some unmatched key factors with any other organised sectors of the country which makes Navy one of the most sought after job.
Pros
free fooding, lodging & clothing
Cons
unexpected assignments
i had good time for 15 year as adventure and challenging life. indian navy taught me how to be strong in different situation and handle too. INDIAN NAVY MADE ME A TOUGH MAN
Pros
yes when required
Cons
no matter for long hours as we made for work longer when required
Its very proud feeling to serve the Indian Armed Force. We are giving our precious moments of 15 years of our life and its really a dedication that people are joining not only for Service for the Country / motherland but also to gain self respect. I really feel proud that I joined the NAVY at the right time and now got retired from it after completion of my initial engagement of 15 years. I have learnt a lot from the Navy.
Pros
Chances for Foreign Trips, Good Grooming atmosphere, Free Clothings, Once in a year free Travelling to Native Place, Lifetime pension
Cons
Unexpected Sailings, 24x7 dedication is a must, can't refuse seniors, night duties, home sickness
It is a force so discipline was part of life. As an engineer job was to keep ship ready for floating and fighting . I am proud that i never let my CO let down due to lack of my efforts. I Kept my systems always ready and defects free.
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Family life
Indian Navy makes me what I am now. I heartly believe that defence services makes a man a gentleman. I serve almost entire country and travel around all over. My service gave me the confidence to survive all over the world.
Pros
Free all the facilities
Cons
less family life
Proud to serve my country as a sailor in Indian Navy. Learned a lot about DI/DR on various electronic communication and surveillance equipment. A great choice as carrier full of josh.
Pros
Proud to wear White Uniform
Cons
Required tough physical fitness