Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews in New Delhi, Delhi

Amazing career and phenomenal learning experience. Very satisfying tenures of versatile nature. Learnt to handle high value resources under difficult circumstances and take real-time crucial decisions, despite constraints.
Pros
Overall Leadership Grooming
Cons
Career Growth prospects limited
A healthy work life balance. Should have the zeal to serve the nation. The job is challenging and enough opportunity for adventure. One can live his/her dreams.
Very Adventurous and Job satisfied organisation. There is a lot of chance for deserving person to get advancement with available opportunities in Indian Navy.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
I used to go on sailing in various countries and this was a great experience to talk with foreigners and to follow their rules .In defence services I have learned a lot
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Can work for long hours
Military service in the best an individual can do for the country and i am proud and humbled to get an opportunity to be of service to the nation. Indebted to the country for allowing me to serve.
Life in navy is full of challenges and excitement. Learned a lot from my deployments at various places in india.Excellent work culture and ethics. Being away from family is a tough aspect of the job.
Pros
Free accommodation, Uniform, Lots of facilities
Cons
Long offshore deployments
As one of the armed forces, it is professional and content work. As a part of the cyber security team, it is challenging to protect the critical military IT assets against the state sponsored cyber attacks and gives immense knowledge and satisfaction in achieving it.
Amazing work culture and regular opportunity for potential up-gradation. Gives full independence to perform and deliver . The organisational set up facilitates a very healthy balance between work life, family and social life. The concept of camaraderie is outstanding.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Regular Relocations
Well I have a no of tasks at hand on any given day. No day is same for me here, there are no fixed jobs and no fix answers so as per the job I have to initiate the corresponding actions.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Long hours at sea
Best place for a person who is just out of college to work in. Tremendous responsibility and opportunity to learn new things. Requires a high degree of leadership skills.
Maintenance of law and order inside Naval ships and establishments. Investigation of cases like theft, criminal misappropriation etc. Enforcement of Navy Act, Rules and Regulations. Issuing of different types of passes Movement of Naval personnel Traffic controll duties
Work is well defined. A relation with juniors and seniors and fellow colleagues is maintained. Hardest part is to understand the work given and distributing it well among co workers keeping in mind their age and seniority. Most enjoyable part of the job is when work is completed and also there is absolutely no hesitation in asking a junior/senior for help.
I thoroughly enjoyed my long tenure of meritorious service in Indian Navy. I was assigned mostly the Logistics and Administrative Duties and at some stations the Security Duties, Faciliities Management in a Naval Hospital and Events Management in Big Naval Mess of Western Naval Command, Mumbai, Budgetary Control of Naval Projects viz Seabird Project Karwar, Karnataka and Naval Academy Project Ezhimala, Kerala.
 Delivering sustained organizational growth in dynamic environments  Streamlining operations by instituting advanced with general administration policies and practices  Establishing structure, building employee value, driving vision and achieving critical strategic goals  Administration & Facility Management, Guest House, Transport Management, Logistic & Inventory Management, Security & Safety Management, Maintenance Operations, Housekeeping & cafeteria.  To excel with the organization through professionalism, values, ethics and optimum utilisation of own potential and experience in Administration, Security & Safety.
Lean to live the life and I am proud that I have worked for contry.
I enjoyed the job well. Hydrographic surveyor in Indian Navy produce the navigational charts and publications which are used by the seafarers. I have the management skill and undergone Manager course in Indian Navy. I can independently plan and execute the Hydrographic Surveying task.
Pros
Free lodging boarding