Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh

I joined Indian Navy as an Artificer Apprentice. It is a 4 year training program. Seniors played crucial role in grooming the new recruits as per the highest traditions of artificers. This has resulted in developing highly skilled professionals who proved to be real assets both in Indian Navy and all walks of civil life. All other branches in Indian Navy look at Artificers with envy. The apprentice setup helps in developing top class sportsmen and professionals in this branch. Electrical,Mechanical and Hull Artificers are in the three main branches. From Electrical Artificers again aviation and submarine branches are formed. Similarly from Mechanical aviation and Submarine are sub branches. Hull Artificers deal with the ship body repairs and immediate repairs during damage caused. There are lot of opportunities to learn advanced aircraft system and to be move around nationally and internationally. The remuneration received for sea service was felt to be very low when compared to their counterparts in shipping. However overall it was a unique experience.
Pros
Free food and accommodation.
Cons
Sailing on board a war ship during monsoon season is very difficult.
It's my pleasure to serve my country. Performed many duties including Administration, Purchasing, Contracts, Budgeting, Security. Its a lifetime experience.
What better than serving the country, it was a privilege, it was the best experience of my life, the navy cares for you and gives you much more than what you deserve.
Actually It is not a job, serving the nation with pride, it is one of the ARMED FORCES. It is not tolerate of any salaried employee. We are to sign to serving for 24*7 before entry the service
Job of Indian navy is pride fr every youth of our country. Firstly they teaches us selfdependencey thereafter how to project yourself in discipline manner with time bound. Loyalty nd trustworthy is main weapons fr every naval personnel.
I have served Indian Navy as a sailor. It was really a great time of my life which I have spent in Indian navy. I have served in Navy as Store Sailor of logistics branch. Which deals with materials, stores required for maintenance of ships and upkeep others ships requirements for provisioning onboard ships and establishment time to time.
Indian Navy is a well organised and managed organisation. Discipline, punctuality and devotion to duty are some of the qualities that gets naturally inculcated in individuals as there is no place for any excuses in military service.
Cons
Have to be away form family for long durations.
Duties assigned in Indian Navy are very responsible and a hard if compare to others. The hardest part of the job is working hours and the most enjoyable part is positive working atmosphere
I worked in Navy from 2002 to 2017 for almost 15 years and it was a nice experience in doing their as i enjoyed a lot and learned many things during my carrier at Navy
Pros
free lunch, boarding and lodging, Dress Medical Facilities and Canteen Facilities
Cons
24 hrs
I would like to work free from stress. Salary does not matter for me, how much I get? Relationship between superior and junior should be understand. On time work completion and high standards of decipline to be mentioned.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Navy?
As a defense service, always gave a inner sanctification and courage to face any situation boldly. Molded me into a complete man with variety of skills and immeasurable energy level at all time.
Pros
learning
Cons
work life balance
Every day was a new chapter to learn in Indian Navy. Have over come all fears in life, understood life in very young age. Transformed in Man from Boy after joining Navy.
Doing costal security of India, its a three dimension force, its a fourth largest force in the world.In Navy I do various type of duty like store management, administration work ,security etc.
It is a honourable career which provides good professional and mental shaping for youth and youngsters. Profiled experience of mental toughness and strength.
Indeed being in Indian Navy was very adventurous .It inculcated discipline and work culture with service before self motto. Indian Navy made me a very disciplined and hard worker and a MULTITASKING EXPERT. It made me to give best for any organization . It taught me Loyalty and honesty with utmost sincerity and punctuality. Always consider every person in your team valuable and take everyone together. Unity and Team work is must for success of any organization.
Pros
Free clothing, FREE MEDICAL for Self and Dependents, Pension, Ltc, FREE FOOD and Accommodation.
Cons
24 hours Contract, Routine not Fixed.
Indian navy is one of the premier and prestigious organisation of the country. Working in indian navy is a way of life, full of excitement, adventure and dedication to serve the great country.
Ability to work under stress in difficult circumstances Displays positive attitude, flexibility in day to day work Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance Hardworking, patient professional with excellent interpersonal skills
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Short breaks and stressful enviornment
Experience to work over there was good. All facilities were there . But no step for something advance. I was skilled in electrical trade in aircrafts.
Navy means life to me navy is all about aerving the nation with utmost sincerity, courage, discipline and our duty towards our morherland loved its mutual respect and tought what ever I know
Pros
Perks and previlidges
Cons
Na
Nothing to say.bht people asked such type of questions I don't understand why they feel there should be some review of a person is posting something after editing
Good experience, learned to manage life and time, learned to manage man, material and time. Learned to do work on high pressure any where in any situation.
  1. Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh