Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews for Chief Engineer

To see past looks something loosing in life. And to see ahead realize many more to get it. Keeping a sound knowledge and positive attitude toward goals to achieve our dream.
The Indian Navyis a technology-driven force with its ships and submarine fitted with cutting edge equipment.As a Technical Junior Commissioned Officer, opportunities existsto work with advanced Engineering Equipment. In addition, huge opportunities exist to work in Repair Yards, Maintenance Units, Design Units and Production organizations.
Pros
Full security
A great place to work.Good management and immense of opportunities to learn things.Productive and fun work place.Gives confidence needed to face toughest leadership challenges.
Working in Indian navy requires a person to be mentally and physically fit. Work environment is quite supportive and love to work in engineering department. Also it gives u immense opportunities to work in diverse fields like operation , management, facilities, project management etc.
Pros
Job security
Cons
long working hours
Uncertainty about : nature of work, amount of work, working hours, transfers, promotions, sailing, accomodation. Only thing certain is the payment on the last working day of the month.
Pros
Government Job, Respectable service
Cons
Long Hours, Erratic duty hours, Long sailings, Good bye to Family life
my ship was under sailing order and there was a defect on one of our turbo alternator i.e it was not able to be loaded to its extreme capacity, the defect was projected to the yard for defect rectification how ever by doing some adjustment they were able to run at its 50% capacity how ever it put constraint on our power production.as we had to sail we decide to move with TA at same condition,on the second day TA breaker suddenly trip and there was a black out.the defect diagnosis revealed that it was due to low frequency further investigation revealed it was the same problem of TA .we decided to take up the challenge of rectifying the defect at an an adverse condition of hotness and heavy sea rough.when we remove the control block we found every thing all right then we started for root cause analysis which revealed that the valve seat of control valve has moved from its original position by 11 mm causing vv to restrict its movement and the TA was not able to run to its max capability.The lesson which i learnt from these defect was that nothing is impossible in engineering if we have determination,courage and a motivated team.
This is a place where a lot of knowledge can be gained through practical work experiences.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Navy?