Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews for Entry Level Manager

To work in Indian Navy was a great experience. This organization helps me to work in ship as well as shore and developed my managerial skills. I worked as Petty Officer Electrical and undergone with many technical courses which helps me to perform tremendously in ship in all type of condition. I am really very glad to say that I was part of such a future oriented organization.
Working in Indian Navy was one of Best Experience in life .Amazing workplace with excellent Management . Loved every moments serving in Indian Navy at different location .
Pros
No Demands
Cons
No Demands
I have completed my 28 years of prestigious service in Indian Navy and have inculcate and utilised this experience in past service. It has gained me a lots of valuable experience.
Pros
Free Medical, Free Accommodation and Ration, Transport Allowance
Cons
Long Hours
A nice place to serve the Nation Directly overall a team of highly professional people where country come first with A grade social life and amenities
I joined Indian Navy as an apprentice. Did my 04 yrs diploma in elec. engg. and was posted on board. I served for 20 years including training period and took premature retirement in 2009. Indian Navy is a wonderful service. It is full of adventure and full of life. A very wellfare and secured job anyone can have. To sail in a war ship is very adventurous and keeps you fit to fight any adverse situation in your life. I learned to accommodate with people from different regions and languages. Learn to survive in any hard circumstances. Management gives you all the opportunities to explore in your career. Co-worker are very adjustable and comfortable to work with. Hardest part was the basic training and most enjoyable time used to be during at sea doing maintenance job and keeping the systems perfectly OK.
Pros
Welfare oriented
Cons
24*7*365 days on duty.
It is an arena where anybody can be groomed in to a special character for the job assigned. I have learned Leadership, Management, HR and other administration parts in addition to my Technical field as aircraft production engineer/supervisor. People from different parts of India and working in a squadron or an establishment gives more interaction and understanding various kind of people. Any time and anywhere as it is military. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i had a chance to serve for my nation at least for 20 years. It is going to be my second career with all my experiences, which would definitely help to improve upon the place where i am employed.
Pros
A Multi-dimensioned work experience
Cons
It is Military
I had been served in Indian Navy for 15 Years and iIcould learn many things from the Indian Navy. Today I could reach tn this position because of this Organization only.
Good ManagementGood Organisational StructureTime boundTransferable Job
Pros
job security
Cons
job security only for some period
communication equipments failure.to be checked in advancetimely taking decisionsatisfactorysea servicesecure of the day
Pros
free medical, free food, free accomadation, free transportation, free education etc....
Cons
24hrs service during at sea.