Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews for Petty Officer in Mumbai, Maharashtra

Good experience to serve for nation, good adventure life at sea, good opportunity to develop your personality and attitude. Very well organized and displine life with Indian Navy.
Be pantual,trustworthy,in time,job on time I learned from service.Manage all the related stores, manpower,safety and securityFriendly workplace cultureDoing task assigned by seniors with our course-mates
Pros
Free fooding, Accomodation (for family), Children education allowance, Canteen, Hospital, Transport allowance, Etc
Cons
Long hours with compensation on next day
One has to be a self-learner in the Indian Navy when it comes to career advancement as there is nothing of that sort is taught. The training one receives is adequate enough to perform tasks expected from an employee. As most sailors retire very young (32 - 35 years) they need to be prepared to resettle in civilian life. But the Navy lacks any training program to prepare its outgoing sailors. In fact, the certificate/s provided at the end of the tenure is not suitable for the corporate environment. This becomes particularly difficult when applying for overseas jobs.
Pros
Possible to join at a young age
Cons
Chances of promotion after certain rank and extension of service are challenges
As defence services are known to be difficult and stressful at all the time. No working time is fixed even for a single day. Life at sea is challenging. No job security, no family life Good things Had opportunity to visit so many countries on government expenses It's feels pride when in uniform Physical fitness always maintained dueservice
worked 15 years in Indian navy. have worked in Executive Operations, Administrative, security, liaison and logistics management. I have learned to organize work/ liaison with different communities, state people to work comprehensively towards achieving goal.
It's pride to serve for Nation.. A work culture of perfect Discipline . U learn to work as a Team. A complete transformation of Attitude towards life.. complete security of job with added benefits. A
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good and full of adventures A nice organization to serve with for safeguarding our country, from sea borne threats. Various professional team are there ti manage the overall team work
It is a very wide experience in life and work culture. Very adventurous activities involved there is no work repeat felt.I always advised to all youths to have join in any armed forces like navy to survive in future.
good
Cons
nice
Job at the Indian Navy is amazing in the sense that you get the opportunity to meet people of different regions, strata, religions. The most I loved was the brotherhood of colleagues.
It was a pride to wear that white uniform and worked with one of the largest and powerful force in the world. I enjoyed the mix culture and climate of entire India including Andaman & Nicobar. I visited abroad twice during my tenure. Jai Hind
a place suitable to work if you wish lead a adventurous life and want to stand out of common man. The basics for living is provided for self and dependents
Pros
food, shelter, clothing, medical facilities are provided free of cost
Cons
sailing for months
15 yrs of intense service India navy. I worked verious post. Security officer, security manager, and management of man and materials. I m expert of dealing with weapons.
The Indian Navy develops effective disciplined leadership at all levels, highly motivates the skilled professionals that makes the Navy a taut, efficient and Happy force.
The Indian Navy is a Military Service. Life in the Navy is very good, perform multi tasked work and sacrificed which will make you physically fit and mentally strong. It is not a job - it is Patrolism and integrity. Comparing with other fields, salary is less. But lot of benefits is there which you will not get anywhere. I am very proud to serve in Indian Navy for nation.
As mentioned above. An force with intelligent man power. Give experience in various fields and train the sailor for various condition accordingly to their trades.
Pros
Honourful job
Cons
Staying away from family, less accommodation facility
I enjoyed a lot working in Indian Navy.Navy gave me path to my career.I traveled all over India and worked with the people of different region. I learnt about culture and tradition of different state.
Depending on the mission, a deployed Navy group of ships features embarked Marine Corps infantry and aircraft as well as submarines and Navy aircraft carriers. Most Navy deployments feature high states of activity where intense at-sea warfare training is accomplished.
Working in the defence forces will make anyone a perfect gentleman who will be capable of facing any challenging situation at anytime. Overall it's very adventurous and fine tuned service
One of the finest organisation of India Armed Forces, this is the only three dimensional Force of the military services which can fight on land in Air and At Sea.
I have gained a lots of experience and freeness while working. I worked at many places and enjoyed very much there and many friends there. I would recommend the job to all refreshers
I will retire on Jan 2018, nice work culture here but I want to go abroad and work there. Indian Navy was give me high quality experience and much better technology experience.