Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews for Petty Officer

Must be chosen as a career.It is not a job ,it is service to the nation.While serving for the nation you build your career as well.And you are proud to be an Indian soldier.
a place suitable to work if you wish lead a adventurous life and want to stand out of common man. The basics for living is provided for self and dependents
Pros
food, shelter, clothing, medical facilities are provided free of cost
Cons
sailing for months
15 yrs of intense service India navy. I worked verious post. Security officer, security manager, and management of man and materials. I m expert of dealing with weapons.
The Indian Navy develops effective disciplined leadership at all levels, highly motivates the skilled professionals that makes the Navy a taut, efficient and Happy force.
Highly Professional Organisation with best in class Training methods. Work culture though is Very demanding but gives you satisfaction at the end of day. Excellent learning opportunities, growth based on performance added with seniority in organisation. Best in class Facilities and perks. Adequate leaves. Opportunities for adventure activities, in fact the service itself is an adventure.
The Indian Navy is a Military Service. Life in the Navy is very good, perform multi tasked work and sacrificed which will make you physically fit and mentally strong. It is not a job - it is Patrolism and integrity. Comparing with other fields, salary is less. But lot of benefits is there which you will not get anywhere. I am very proud to serve in Indian Navy for nation.
Indian Navy is a well organised and managed organisation. Discipline, punctuality and devotion to duty are some of the qualities that gets naturally inculcated in individuals as there is no place for any excuses in military service.
Cons
Have to be away form family for long durations.
Its not easy to join services with lot of competition and the service period is very long to get your pension. The promotion is slow and you work all these years.You can not plan anything while in service as you will be transferred after every 5 years.
I joined Navy in 2003 after completing my 10+2 . I got discharged on 31 July 2018 as I completed my initial engagement with Indian Navy . I was posted at various places like Mumbai , Chennai , Koch and Payyanur during my service in Indian Navy.
As mentioned above. An force with intelligent man power. Give experience in various fields and train the sailor for various condition accordingly to their trades.
Pros
Honourful job
Cons
Staying away from family, less accommodation facility
It's my privilege to work in Indian Navy to servemy country. Well organised defence establishment. Enjoyed profesionally n personally. Learned life and supported throughout life.
I enjoyed a lot working in Indian Navy.Navy gave me path to my career.I traveled all over India and worked with the people of different region. I learnt about culture and tradition of different state.
Depending on the mission, a deployed Navy group of ships features embarked Marine Corps infantry and aircraft as well as submarines and Navy aircraft carriers. Most Navy deployments feature high states of activity where intense at-sea warfare training is accomplished.
Working in the defence forces will make anyone a perfect gentleman who will be capable of facing any challenging situation at anytime. Overall it's very adventurous and fine tuned service
One of the finest organisation of India Armed Forces, this is the only three dimensional Force of the military services which can fight on land in Air and At Sea.
Nothing too much for worries. It was a great time in my life. Work was more managerial and administrative for me . When you are growing in service system will be expecting more than you are getting.. But that is because of positive thinking of organisation about you
Pros
Security of life
Cons
Away from family
I have gained a lots of experience and freeness while working. I worked at many places and enjoyed very much there and many friends there. I would recommend the job to all refreshers
I worked in Navy from 2002 to 2017 for almost 15 years and it was a nice experience in doing their as i enjoyed a lot and learned many things during my carrier at Navy
Pros
free lunch, boarding and lodging, Dress Medical Facilities and Canteen Facilities
Cons
24 hrs
Defence forces have their own integrity and work culture where everyone who joins get adjusted. It is the best part of service that everyone has to adapt the culture
I will retire on Jan 2018, nice work culture here but I want to go abroad and work there. Indian Navy was give me high quality experience and much better technology experience.
Indian Navy a government sector. a highly desciplined defence force. a very good learning experience. one can learn many things from discipline to duty and the real way of life..