Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews for Petty Officer

Must be chosen as a career.It is not a job ,it is service to the nation.While serving for the nation you build your career as well.And you are proud to be an Indian soldier.
The Navy offers a challenging career. The atmosphere was quite busy, yet excellent. Located at prime locations in India suitable for family to meet their needs, even in my absence. Left the service for better prospects in the civil. Have confidence in my abilities.
Pros
Better Amenties, Excellent atmosphere
Cons
Limited time to spent with family
Working in the Navy was a very exiting experience.The Indian navy has provided me with a rich and varied experience and has kept my professional knowledge and judgment continuously honed and updated. Working in multifarious situations and the ability to mesh closely in a team towards a set objective, has been my forte. Having successfully completed a professional satisfying period in the Indian Navy
transformed a boy into a soldier moreover a multi dimensional person. Build up quality of man management according to their capability. While as a trainer learnt how to manage budding resources.
Working environment is good . But working hours are long enough to get tired... Maximum time at sea.... Away from family... Still enjoyed the sea... It was a fantastic experience...
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Rules
This the organisation which made me a professional safety person. Gained vast knowledge from the daily activities happened onboard ships and establishment made me to face any challenges.
One of the Dream job for Every Indian Citizen. its shaping your future. Molding your present life. You will get free foreign. trip, life long free medical facility. after retirement you will get other state government job in priory basis.
Working for the Indian Navy is an experience of a lifetime, doning the white uniform, fills you with pride. The best part is an individual is trained in all aspects from management to administration, disaster, safety and fire. All the colleagues are very co operative and helpful.
Pros
Uniform, disciplined working environment.
Cons
not able to settle down
Job and life is secure. One can learn from Indian Navy how to maintain discipline in life. I am so much impressed with Indian Navy Rules and Regulations.
I have spend prime time of my life in Military service ( Indian Navy). During which I have been molded to be confident to counter any situation of life.
Thouhgh it was a defence organisation, I cannot share everything, but what I can say that I enjoyed it with full esteem and jeal
Cons
Gained excellent working and managerial / administrative experience. Adopted effective training tools from the navy.
Pros
Security of the individual and family
Cons
Time bond
Indian Navy have the most process oriented and everything was done in an organized way. The work experience had almost all areas of logistic which was very helpful
Its been a pleasure working in indian navy, worked for 15 years, learned a lot from navy. Navy taught me how to adapt to any situations, how difficult that be, to manage with limited resources and lessons on manpower management. One more thing to mention is the discipline, which was integral part of naval life....
Completed 20 yrs in Naval Carrier Work with many naval ships and learnt many things How to complete the Job in time manner
Pros
Po
Cons
During the last 15 years of my meritorious service in the Indian Navy i.e from 27 Jul 1999 to 31 Jul 2014, I have been trained and entrusted within the specialized Law enforcement department of the Indian Navy i.e Naval police cadre and tasked with various responsibilities concerning criminal investigation methodology ranging from theft, pilferage, encroachment, surveillance and detection of undesirable elements into the premier installations of the Indian Navy. My major responsibilities were :- Administration, Security/Vigilance/Monitoring of workforcein Various Ships, Establishments and Headquarters Eastern Naval Command and Naval Air station at Port Blair and Visakhapatnam and Gujarat. maintaining a fool proof intelligence network with local police and intelligence agencies and civil population in matters relating to verification of character antecedents of labourers gaining entry into Naval installations and search/apprehension of trespassers and recovery of stolen Govt property from sensitive locations. • Eviction of unauthorized occupants, Encroachment control, perimeter surveillance of Naval installations and Air Field and monitoring access control of sensitive installations. • Administration and hiring of private security guards, surprise security rounds and reports, investigation into breach of security measures, blacklisting of unscrupulous and errant private security guards and informing the Administration on day to day basis regarding the same. • Preparing statement of cases for Procurement and installation of improvised security gadgets such - more...
Cons
Working for nation at Indian naval ship and naval communication center. As per job agreement 15 years and retired.
very good but long hours of work life management is good very disciplined family time less unity
Pros
family time
Cons
Indian Navy has given be training to how to enforce the discipline in employees and how to take work from each individual, and how to deal with securities of big installation like Naval Dockyard, Armaments Depot and other defence installation. And also how to provide securities to VIP & VVIP. This job taught me lot of things like how to work in a Ship, how to deal with foreign delegates, what are the rule & discipline required while we visit foreign ports. How to organize a function and how to manage a organization with responsibility for lower level to higher level. I am doing an adventurous job but in this job we don't get time for my family that's why after completing my initial bond I want to do job nearby by home town
Pros
free food, free medical facility for self and dependents
Cons
long working hours
A Very Nice Platform for learn and Grow. Adventurous life. Unity in Diversity
Serving in Indian Navy was indeed a very good experience. But as life goes one needs to explore himself more, so i am here to check my real caliber with all those experience of past 18 years