Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews for Petty Officer

Must be chosen as a career.It is not a job ,it is service to the nation.While serving for the nation you build your career as well.And you are proud to be an Indian soldier.
Working in Indian Navy has given me vast experinces about machineries man and material. I have learnt to deal with people coming from different places and different cultures. It has also got me new friens from different places with whom i am still in contact.
Very good job. Rest all cannot be said view security reasons I learned nation first as against all others Co-workers - nice as well as good team Hardest part - long sailings extendable to 5-6 months Most enjoyable part - visits of foreign countries
Pros
All personnel benefits viz. Medical, Canteen, Housing etc for free
Cons
Long sailings
A challenging career at Indian Naval Ships and Establishments as a Petty Officer Radio Telegraphist. Served for the Nation through out with enthusiasm. Every second of the life at sea is different and unforgettable with new experience. Very good Subordinates and superiors with good guidance and assistance.
All the time on the toes. Discipline, integrity, self pride that I am working for mother land. Hardest part of the job staying away from family during sea sorties.
Pros
Accommodation, Messing, Canteen, Medical
Trained to become a professional in all aspect and very disciplined throughout the life where ever he works. A competent professional, with extensive experience in general administration, material management, security, logistics, liaison, seamanship, system controlling, operation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment on board various ships and establishments Efficiently coordinating with the other departments of the organisation for the finalization of deliveries as per service levels to achieve the goals. Doing tough jobs even in crisis and be cheerful throughout the career to attain the goals. Very co-operative and friendly seniors and subordinates to complete the preplanned task
Pros
Providing free accommodation, medical and food
Cons
Long working hours in some period of time
Adapt & Multitasking exposure in combat & non combat operations related to Naval & International naval exercises, Communications with Port controls , ATC and aircrafts besides Ship- Shore ops.
The day would start at 0830 to 1800 in the evening. Learned a lot in these 15 years. I got lot good co-workers. I enjoyed my patriotic belief and loved it all these 15 years. The hardest part of the job is being away from family.
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Away from family
Being in Armed forces there are some limitations.A very very punctual life and also adventurous.Always away from the native place,away from parent and other social responsibilities.Secured and disciplined life.
Pros
To meet with social and familier commitment
Cons
Away from the family
-:Extract of important Appointments in Indian Navy:- Served as RPO Security in Command Transport Workshop in Indian Navy for 3 years, Spearhead a team of 14 staff and reported to Officer-in-Charge, Factory between 18 Apr1982 till 23 Mar1985. Served as RPO Security in Naval Armament Depot in Indian Navy for 2 years, Spearhead a team of 21 staff and reported to Officer-in-Charge, Armament Depot between 15 Jul 1985 to 27 June1987. Apart from all the above, I am responsible for investigating in to all incident and accident reported and submit report to HR/GM for conducting domestic enquiry or lodge police complaint. In all my assignment I have kept good liaison with local Police, Municipal authority and other govt officials
Pros
Free uniform, Food, Accomodation, Transportation
Cons
Adicted to long extended working hour
I served for my Country India. I was a radio operator. I love my job. I have done some great work in for communication dept.
In this company i work as a electrical engineer. I work in submarine arm .
Great oppertunity to work with a team of young and dynamic professionals, Challenging voyages around the world. In white uniform PHYSICALLY FIT AND MENTALLY TOUGH.
I feel very proud of myself that i have server 23 yrs of my life for Indian Navy.It was the best part of my life.Yet it was hard to stay away from home but i learned so many things during my work in Navy like Administration,Management,Team work and Leadership like qualities.
Feeling Proud after serving for mother land for 15 Years.... and after completion got retired now.... Working in Indian Navy was wonderful one got daily challenges, new projects and opportunity to develop over all skill of an individual..
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Uniform, Free Medical for self and family
Cons
Long working hours
i worked inindian as petty officer for 15 year on varous ship in radio brach
I learned from this job about administration, operations and how to function an organisation to achieve target.
Teaches discipler, dedication, managment.,Result oriented task completion ,best origanization,
An exercise will not able to tell details Not able to discuss Excellent Cordial Services itself tough Sea life
Given me a greater millage towards my object with success.Made me tough & flexible to face all odd & even situations on my way.
It is very nice to be a part of Armed Force through which I served my nation. enjoyed throughout the service, worked with various types of pupils. worked under various conditions.