Indian Navy

Indian Navy Work-Life Balance reviews

It's a difficult and challenging place to work. One can be posted anywhere in the world. Though the journey would be adventurous and roller coaster ride, the bonhomie and help from teammates makes it a fun place to work
Pros
Adequate support and facilities for family
Cons
Work life balance
MUCH MORE WITH MUCH LESS. Happy with good work. 1. Many time, 2. Haplessness, 3.In time work. 4. Making confident.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Sitting ideal
Uncertainty about : nature of work, amount of work, working hours, transfers, promotions, sailing, accomodation. Only thing certain is the payment on the last working day of the month.
Pros
Government Job, Respectable service
Cons
Long Hours, Erratic duty hours, Long sailings, Good bye to Family life
Life is always challenging in the armed forces. It has been 10 years since I joined the services but I can say every day is different and you come across different challenges to fulfill.
Pros
Tasking
Cons
Risk to life
Management, Maintenance, Leadership, Personal Relation, Teamwork.
Pros
Helpful enviroment
Cons
In this company i work as a electrical engineer. I work in submarine arm .
Great oppertunity to work with a team of young and dynamic professionals, Challenging voyages around the world. In white uniform PHYSICALLY FIT AND MENTALLY TOUGH.
Deliver given assignments with full heart and soul which may drive to the righteous output.
Pros
Adaptable to any environment
Cons
I feel very proud of myself that i have server 23 yrs of my life for Indian Navy.It was the best part of my life.Yet it was hard to stay away from home but i learned so many things during my work in Navy like Administration,Management,Team work and Leadership like qualities.
Technically good and life is recreational.There is nothing hiddden about armed forces.
Amazing lunchpad for any Yonugster Full of challenge and responsibility. Gives ample opportunity to take decisions independently
Pros
Adventurous
Cons
less family time
I learnt a lot in Indian Navy. Those are Patriotism, Self Discipline, Fighting spirit, Manpower Management, Administration & Security.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lean to live the life and I am proud that I have worked for contry.
whenever a typical day occurs try to spend more time on the job so we could learn more about the job to be free for the next hard working day, our seniors try to spend more time with us so that we learn more about the professional my experience is try be friendly with our Juniors and try to teach them as much as possible, be friend with their family relations and share their problems and try to solve and be familiar with the workers, try to observe about the work and nature of work doing if any mistake occurs try to solve there and then .
Pros
conduct get together with the workers in every second Saturday of the month without any tress
Cons
try to enjoy
Sincerity and enjoyable work place. Honesty in work. Social justice & peacefull at work place.
Pros
Job with Enjoyable
Cons
An exercise will not able to tell details Not able to discuss Excellent Cordial Services itself tough Sea life
No comments pls, I am satisfied with my present job... My days in IN taught me to be tough and readiness to accept challenging jobs. So I am here till Dec 2013....
I enjoyed the job well. Hydrographic surveyor in Indian Navy produce the navigational charts and publications which are used by the seafarers. I have the management skill and undergone Manager course in Indian Navy. I can independently plan and execute the Hydrographic Surveying task.
Pros
Free lodging boarding
Cons
Have worked in the Navy from 1987 till 31 Mar 13 other than growth prospects there is perhaps no other service which matches the Armed forces.
Pros
quality life
Cons
highly pyramidal structure tending to eiffel tower
As with any of the Armed Forces, its been tough but professionally satisfying and rewarding. The plethora and diversity of activities I faced were way beyond what I'd ever imagined, all making for strong sense of duty and responsibility early in life. The very idea of being in command of, and responsible for the lives of men and materiel tends to ground a military person very quickly in the realities and vagaries of what you could be faced with and depended upon to get the job done, as well as the possible (international) ramifications of a job not well done (especially at sea). If I had the option, I'd do it all over again.
Given me a greater millage towards my object with success.Made me tough & flexible to face all odd & even situations on my way.