Indian Navy

Indian Navy Work-Life Balance reviews

The camaraderie and work life balance., the respect of the position, the patriotic ethos, and opportunities gallore!The managers always looked out for the young officers and brought out the best in them.
Indian Navy provides a good opportunity for work.The salary packages and other benefits are good.The work culture of Indian Navy is so tough and surviving here is very much difficult.
Pros
Good salary packages and other benefits
Cons
No social and family life
The work culture is so conducive for learning new skills and the cultural variety makes the work place such a fun place to be with. Every day is a memorable event which gets registered in your mind forever.
Pros
adventurous life, cross cultural interaction
Cons
work life balance and uncertainty in plans
provides great transformation of a person in life and offers good exposure to develop leadership and management qualities. Life full of thrills and adventures. Great learning experience
Pros
exposure to world, improvement in planning ability, leadership qualities
Cons
slow career progression, less recognition in civil world
i had good time for 15 year as adventure and challenging life. indian navy taught me how to be strong in different situation and handle too. INDIAN NAVY MADE ME A TOUGH MAN
Pros
yes when required
Cons
no matter for long hours as we made for work longer when required
It is a force so discipline was part of life. As an engineer job was to keep ship ready for floating and fighting . I am proud that i never let my CO let down due to lack of my efforts. I Kept my systems always ready and defects free.
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Family life
Very Adventurous and Job satisfied organisation. There is a lot of chance for deserving person to get advancement with available opportunities in Indian Navy.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
First job in my life. Transformed myself from a college going student to an military professional. Got all the opportunities for betterment in career.
Perfectly managed and balanced organisation of country.the hardest part of job is never ending quality of work and the most enjoyable is satisfication.
Pros
always free
Cons
alway long from morning 8 to till never ending
I have learnt a lot of things during my tenure in Indian Navy, Defence Forces. Especially very confidence and positive attitude with ability to work until my goal or job completion, that too in any stress.
I used to go on sailing in various countries and this was a great experience to talk with foreigners and to follow their rules .In defence services I have learned a lot
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Can work for long hours
Organisation which i have worked is friendly and Innovative culture,..At times we have to work after 10.00 night...though we used to learn more things from the organisation..and manage personal & official.Worked in Test chambers for 4 days continuously.
A fine govt service with lots of adventures. A new day bring lots of new activity.Work culture is good. People from various places met each other. New things and new culture met each other.The most enjoyable part is when all the people sit together and comments on each other . To serve for nation, indian navy is best.
Pros
Best in world
Cons
Many more to come in your life if you believe on hard work and patience.No ending of learning in life,anytime ,anywhere and from anyone.Be happy and try to help others.
Work place is good. Everyone has own goal and well disciple atmosphere . But for promotion lot of obstiacle and rules. Food and living space is average. Work culture at field area is Good. Lack of difference in facilities. Therefore can not do service for the long period if you are not Medically and physically fit.
Pros
Serve for the country
Cons
Promotion and life style
Its not a job....its the way of life......full of pride ,honour and valour. Got the chance to serve my country and learn about new cultures by meeting new people from all walks of life. The Navy groomed me to be the finest human being.
good to work with such a three dimension force. Makes you mentally tough, physically stronger. Makes you to work in adverse situation also. Brings the best out of you.
It's a join the Navy see the world force with a global experience , exposure , sense of responsiblity, take challenges as opportunity nature habit of unlimited unfired working with fully presence of mind .Being smart active instead of laborious and dull habits .Overall it's a finest force which makes a person with lots of good things as compared to a ordinary man.
Pros
Can't count
Cons
Unable to find out even after a 15 years time span
Working as a sailor from 2002 and going to retire on july 2017.becouse of my retirement i am searching for a new job.got enough tough and good experience from Navy.
An excellent service which grooms everyone with state of art facilities and units. Excellent work life balancing and social security. A great service
Pros
impeccable personnel
Cons
nil
Indian Navy is all about a Life that anybody would ever dream of. Good Salary, Great opportunities, Adventure, Clubs , Great Locations, Good Medical Facilities, Canteens, Travel Benefits for the entire family. You get to lead so many men right from the first day.
Pros
Executive life
Cons
Sailing