Indian Navy

Indian Navy Work-Life Balance reviews

The camaraderie and work life balance., the respect of the position, the patriotic ethos, and opportunities gallore!The managers always looked out for the young officers and brought out the best in them.
A great adventurous job. but little far from our home. so sometimes it becomes difficult to meet our family issues. rest all things are excellent in this field.
Pros
free meals
Cons
fixed working hours. in emergency may be extended more
15 years service in Indian Navy made me a tough disciplined sailor. Naval life made me to face realities and prepared to face challenges in life and job assignments. I was very proud serving countries and loyal while in uniformed military service
Pros
Disciplined life with lots of sports activities. Proud to serve the country
Cons
Job security People work hard. Bonding's among everyone Government provided facilities Fun work place. Best place of your life to be in
Pros
everything
Cons
i have completed my mandatory 15 years of service. It gives me lots of experience about work culture a huge manpower organisation. Here i also learn lots of about how to handle difficult tasks with limited resources.
I have spend prime time of my life in Military service ( Indian Navy). During which I have been molded to be confident to counter any situation of life.
A service where a Man stands for a Man. Very active life with many types of mission and chance to help Humans...the best part
There is no time to relax everything to be executed in timely and professionally. Learnt discipline ,work ethics and plan, execute and get the job done in required time frame without any hiccups. Been in-charge of four departments at a time for 36 months had to get things done in time frame where several organisations and departments involved.always enjoyed and shared professional expertise with co workers. Getting things done in time frame and to keep the morale of the subordinates and juniors in good spirits is challenging given the tough and harsh conditions of the sea and ship. What ever the conditions the small chats with colleagues and the time with laughter and fun was the most enjoyable part of the job and the joy when job done successfully and safe.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
Well I have a no of tasks at hand on any given day. No day is same for me here, there are no fixed jobs and no fix answers so as per the job I have to initiate the corresponding actions.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Long hours at sea
Best platform to serve the nation. Best to learn discipline and dedication. Ocean of opportunities to prove our talent. Best to build-up self confidence. To learn how to survive in life during tough times.
Pros
Discipline and dedication
Cons
Nil
we as Defence people got involved in several adventurous activities and missions which included life saving activities during tsunami hit in India.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
Long Hours
well organised and disciplined environment, healthy atmosphere. proud to be a part of this organisation, the only problem i found that no solution for being short service commission and no facility offered thereafter.
Pros
disciplined, honored
Cons
job security
A very good and disciplined atmosphere to work in. an opportunity to excel and learn a lot. Brings out the actual person.In other words Navy or defence for that matter either makes you or breaks you.
Pros
Lot of government benefits and facilities
Cons
No fixed time for work
I learned a lot in the field of Technical, IT, Management, Leadership, Office administration and the most important is Disciplined. Co-workers are good (friendly work Culture). The management process is very long follows numbers of channels. The hardest part of Job is to sail for long days and be away from the family. The most enjoyable part of Job is to visit foreign countries.
Pros
Free Fooding, Free/Paid accomodation
Cons
yes Some time for long Hours more than 24 Hrs also. and never lesser than 10-12 Hrs
Its amazing thing to be part of the Indian Navy.I am fiercely proud of this fact. The job work/life balance is amazing except its frequent pressure of been reallocated and with family some stability is required especially when you have children.
very good but long hours of work life management is good very disciplined family time less unity
Pros
family time
A Very Nice Platform for learn and Grow. Adventurous life. Unity in Diversity
Every day of my service with Indian Navy was full of challenges which I accepted with love and accomplished with honour.
Nothing on earth could beat working in Indian Navy. It has every bit of what is required to bring out the best it you and also to make you learn not only in professional manner but also at personal front. Every Single day is a new day and new learning.
Thoroughly enjoyable and challenging jobs. Job offered multifaceted roles, hence one could deliver differently and bring in many initiatives and changes
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Long hours at times
MUCH MORE WITH MUCH LESS. Happy with good work. 1. Many time, 2. Haplessness, 3.In time work. 4. Making confident.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Sitting ideal