Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews

Indian Navy is a government body a wing of defence. My experience in work was very nice in Indian Navy. The job of pride as service to the nation. It develops patriotism and sacrifice for the nation.
Pros
Free Meal, Free clothing, Free traveling, Defence canteen facilities, etc.
Cons
24 hrs Duty
A healthy work life balance. Should have the zeal to serve the nation. The job is challenging and enough opportunity for adventure. One can live his/her dreams.
I am an ex serviceman retired from the Indian Navy after working under it for 28 long years. As it's campaign says the ocean of opportunities the navy offers range of work to people in uniform from working in a Aircraft to Naval Warships.
Pros
Free travelling allowance and medical facilities.
Cons
Hectic work schedule.
It was service towards the country the responsibility of a responsible citizen .Pleasant work but 24*7 job.Limited scope for growth as well less time for family life lengthy sailings so family is to be alone at home ,so now wanted to enjoy family life with growth perspective. Served the country now wanted to serve family take care of mother enjoy and play with kid....
Pros
Cons
Full time 24 hours job
For many people, the greatest attraction of a career in the Indian Navy is the variety or opportunities to make you career challenging. You can face the challenges and develop methods to exploit the full potential in you. A job in the Navy offers you a chance to exploit your true potential as a professional – by learning new skills, acquiring unrivalled experience in the process of applying those skills, and making the most of Navy advancement.
I would like to work free from stress. Salary does not matter for me, how much I get? Relationship between superior and junior should be understand. On time work completion and high standards of decipline to be mentioned.
no words to describe te defence forces its dream come true after serving in uniform services nothing can be compared to Indian armed forces displine/ respect/ courage/ go getting attitude are the best leassons which i have learnt from my tenure in forces
Management is poor peer pressure of unwanted things improve passions. Learned hard work and dedication growth is very less limited salery even if u work beyond time..less apriciation by Senior even if all done great
Pros
Unwanted pressure of disciplines
Cons
Unknown flexible decision to follow without view or argument
Defence forces have their own integrity and work culture where everyone who joins get adjusted. It is the best part of service that everyone has to adapt the culture
Serving in the Indian Navy for 15 yrs was a memorable opportunity for which I shall always be grateful to the almighty. The Navy made me disciplined, dedicated & mentally stronger. The overall experience also made me much wiser & sincere towards my nation and also towards my professional responsibilities. "Sha No Varunah : Jai Hind" !
Pros
The Spotless White Uniform, The pride of serving the country, Opportunity to see new places & make friends from across the country
Cons
Occasionally one has to be away from the family for long periods without any network connectivity, High disparity in pay between Officers & sailors
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Navy?
A perfect place to be in the prime of the age of an individual. It opens doors to one which are unthinkable and mind blowing. It is well regimented and disciplined, hence may not be for all, but those cut for it are the toughest.
I will retire on Jan 2018, nice work culture here but I want to go abroad and work there. Indian Navy was give me high quality experience and much better technology experience.
As a defense service, always gave a inner sanctification and courage to face any situation boldly. Molded me into a complete man with variety of skills and immeasurable energy level at all time.
Pros
learning
Cons
work life balance
Every day was a new chapter to learn in Indian Navy. Have over come all fears in life, understood life in very young age. Transformed in Man from Boy after joining Navy.
I loved the challenges inside navy. The Chemistry of Science with practical was amazing. Multiple work nature all-round development of individual was the fantastic thing.
Pros
Financial Stability
Indian Navy a government sector. a highly desciplined defence force. a very good learning experience. one can learn many things from discipline to duty and the real way of life..
Had a wonderful time serving in Indian Navy .. been around sailing to a lot of countries, done some amazing thing which otherwise not would have been possible as a civilian ...
Pros
Retirement benefits, canteen and medical facilities
Cons
Long working hours, all kind of duties regardless of your branch and specialisation
Indian Navy provides a good opportunity for work.The salary packages and other benefits are good.The work culture of Indian Navy is so tough and surviving here is very much difficult.
Pros
Good salary packages and other benefits
Cons
No social and family life
Indian navy is an awesome career building platform with fun, experience and responsibility. Great pay, good welfare of personnel and their families. An awesome place to grow in life
The work culture is so conducive for learning new skills and the cultural variety makes the work place such a fun place to be with. Every day is a memorable event which gets registered in your mind forever.
Pros
adventurous life, cross cultural interaction
Cons
work life balance and uncertainty in plans
Develops the mental toughness, builds your physical agility and shapes the bright future of the soldier. One of the finest service to work for in the modern arena.
  1. Employee Reviews