Indian Navy

Indian Navy Employee Reviews

Must be chosen as a career.It is not a job ,it is service to the nation.While serving for the nation you build your career as well.And you are proud to be an Indian soldier.
provides great transformation of a person in life and offers good exposure to develop leadership and management qualities. Life full of thrills and adventures. Great learning experience
Pros
exposure to world, improvement in planning ability, leadership qualities
Cons
slow career progression, less recognition in civil world
Exposure to latest defence technologies,disater management,security management,fire & safety management,environment & health safety management, multi ethnical culture,team works,sports & handsome pay and allowances are some unmatched key factors with any other organised sectors of the country which makes Navy one of the most sought after job.
Pros
free fooding, lodging & clothing
Cons
unexpected assignments
Good but work culture should improve. Utilising and handling of man power should be done effectively. Maintenance of equipment should be done in effectove way.
Pros
Family security
Cons
No fixed routine and work.
i had good time for 15 year as adventure and challenging life. indian navy taught me how to be strong in different situation and handle too. INDIAN NAVY MADE ME A TOUGH MAN
Pros
yes when required
Cons
no matter for long hours as we made for work longer when required
Its very proud feeling to serve the Indian Armed Force. We are giving our precious moments of 15 years of our life and its really a dedication that people are joining not only for Service for the Country / motherland but also to gain self respect. I really feel proud that I joined the NAVY at the right time and now got retired from it after completion of my initial engagement of 15 years. I have learnt a lot from the Navy.
Pros
Chances for Foreign Trips, Good Grooming atmosphere, Free Clothings, Once in a year free Travelling to Native Place, Lifetime pension
Cons
Unexpected Sailings, 24x7 dedication is a must, can't refuse seniors, night duties, home sickness
Doing costal security of India, its a three dimension force, its a fourth largest force in the world.In Navy I do various type of duty like store management, administration work ,security etc.
It is a force so discipline was part of life. As an engineer job was to keep ship ready for floating and fighting . I am proud that i never let my CO let down due to lack of my efforts. I Kept my systems always ready and defects free.
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Family life
Indian Navy makes me what I am now. I heartly believe that defence services makes a man a gentleman. I serve almost entire country and travel around all over. My service gave me the confidence to survive all over the world.
Pros
Free all the facilities
Cons
less family life
Proud to serve my country as a sailor in Indian Navy. Learned a lot about DI/DR on various electronic communication and surveillance equipment. A great choice as carrier full of josh.
Pros
Proud to wear White Uniform
Cons
Required tough physical fitness
I am greatly privileged to be in Indian Navy and learned my technical profession. This is the place where there much of discipline and motivations in life been inculcated. I greatly admire the Indian Naval Environment where I am initial been.
Very Adventurous and Job satisfied organisation. There is a lot of chance for deserving person to get advancement with available opportunities in Indian Navy.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
I have served indian navy for 20 years . Starting from february 1996 till january 2016. I had a great experience working in indian navy. I had work in mechanical feild in indian naval ships. It was an adventurous experience in navy.
Nice organisation to work as a team. A very good divisional system to resolve our requirement easily. The hardest part of job is transfer from one place to other.
It is a honourable career which provides good professional and mental shaping for youth and youngsters. Profiled experience of mental toughness and strength.
I have served in Indian NAVY for 15 years and my each day in service played vital role to develop my personality A very high moral and disciplined working environment and dedication and commitment towords work assigned to.
Pros
HRA/Money in Lieu of Ration Life time free Medical facility
Cons
Annual Leave And Casual Leave
Working with Indian Navy for the last 37 yrs was very familiar and never faced any problem as regards to profession and personnel very care taking of its employee.
LIFE AT SEA- A far cry from duty ashore. For one thing, while at sea, you will be putting all your skills and determination to actual test. You will be given responsibility and will be doing an important job for which you have been uniquely trained. Of course, sea duty does not mean you will spend all your time at sea. Your ship will have its own ‘home-port’ and you will spend a fair amount of your time in or close to that port. At sea, you will be excited to visiting far-flung places in India and abroad, which you may have only read or heard about. Life at sea is full of challenges and immense satisfaction. While you are at sea, the Navy looks after the welfare of your family like its own. Whether on a ship or submarine, sailors are provided with sufficient living spaces. Each sailor is assigned a “berthing area,” which includes a locker for storage, as well as a “bunk” for sleeping. The chefs in the galleys (kitchen) constantly prepare food for hundreds of men. There are dining halls for the men to dine. Mess decks are not just areas to sleep, but are also for recreation – sailors can kick back and watch television or play games.
Very tight and hectic work schedule, Still it was a friendly and fun workplace, Management was superb, Interactive session with the officer-in-charge on daily basis.
Pros
Accommodation, medical and other benefits
Cons
Long working hours
work environment at Navy is good but very tuff. it is very prestigious job. all facilities are good, but at sea it is very tuff to do the job...........
Indeed being in Indian Navy was very adventurous .It inculcated discipline and work culture with service before self motto. Indian Navy made me a very disciplined and hard worker and a MULTITASKING EXPERT. It made me to give best for any organization . It taught me Loyalty and honesty with utmost sincerity and punctuality. Always consider every person in your team valuable and take everyone together. Unity and Team work is must for success of any organization.
Pros
Free clothing, FREE MEDICAL for Self and Dependents, Pension, Ltc, FREE FOOD and Accommodation.
Cons
24 hours Contract, Routine not Fixed.
  1. Employee Reviews